Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2023 Women's Predictions Competition


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 53135
Date:
RE: 2023 Women's Predictions Competition


the addict wrote:

French Onion ?


 biggrin



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20712
Date:

A number of substitutions have led to some changes in the table, plus movements in the actual rankings since last week.

 

Womens Rankings 31-07-23.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 8976
Date:

Inspired substitution!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 53135
Date:

seagull wrote:

Inspired substitution!


 Nicely played biggrin



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37253
Date:

out of interest, TA, As you were features highly in both tables - is that normal from past years and does it signify not as much overall change (perhaps it is still relatively early season wise?)

PS did As you were get to make a sub as well ? Hahaha

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20712
Date:

As You Were finished on 61 points in 2020, 35 points on 2021 and 42 points in 2022 (if I'm looking at the right spreadsheets - I have each update saved separately). So no pattern emerging yet and possibly afected by the retirement of Jo Konta and the rise and fall of Emma.

And no, As You Were doesn't qualify for a sub of course !

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6409
Date:

Strongbow wrote:

wrp23.jpg

I'd like to use Fran as sub for Katy D - I don't think Katy  will be able to catch up this year -maybe next year.


 Many apologies to Katy D  who has been storming up the rankings since I subbed her - well done indeed. Just shoes how wrong you can be. disbelief



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39681
Date:

Strongbow wrote:
Strongbow wrote:

wrp23.jpg

I'd like to use Fran as sub for Katy D - I don't think Katy  will be able to catch up this year -maybe next year.


 Many apologies to Katy D  who has been storming up the rankings since I subbed her - well done indeed. Just shoes how wrong you can be. disbelief


Yes good to see Katy doing well. I subbed her in for Maia.

But it was ( and remains ) most certainly understandable to bring Fran in as she unfortunately looks rather stuck for now. No points to drop for the rest of this year and not adding points just now. Currently GB #10, WR 306, so likely to provide you with good points - though be great if she got back and started adding again.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20712
Date:

indiana wrote:
Strongbow wrote:
Strongbow wrote:

wrp23.jpg

I'd like to use Fran as sub for Katy D - I don't think Katy  will be able to catch up this year -maybe next year.


 Many apologies to Katy D  who has been storming up the rankings since I subbed her - well done indeed. Just shoes how wrong you can be. disbelief


Yes good to see Katy doing well. I subbed her in for Maia.

But it was ( and remains ) most certainly understandable to bring Fran in as she unfortunately looks rather stuck for now. No points to drop for the rest of this year and not adding points just now. Currently GB #10, WR 306, so likely to provide you with good points - though be great if she got back and started adding again.


 Yes, I have you with 8 ponts for Fran (5 for GB and 3 for WR). Super sub !

Katy would be 0 points if you had kept her.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20712
Date:

Some big changes this month mainly due to the top women performing better and being ranked higher than many of us predicted.Katie B making the top 50 has taken away points from pretty well everyone.

Womens Rankings 11-09-23.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39681
Date:

Our top ranked women have got themselves totally mixed up 

I reckon that I'd be doing not bad at all with my top 7 in totally the opposite way round!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37253
Date:

Seagull taking control here! Flying away from us all!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20712
Date:

indiana wrote:

Our top ranked women have got themselves totally mixed up 

I reckon that I'd be doing not bad at all with my top 7 in totally the opposite way round!


 I make it that you would have 43 points, assuming your ranking predictions didn't change.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39681
Date:

the addict wrote:
indiana wrote:

Our top ranked women have got themselves totally mixed up 

I reckon that I'd be doing not bad at all with my top 7 in totally the opposite way round!


 I make it that you would have 43 points, assuming your ranking predictions didn't change.


 Ha thanks, even better than I thought. I'll maybe try next year thinking about the order and then turning it upside down.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 53135
Date:

Just noted that Joanna Garland has just won the W25 event in Japan

But still no sign of her switiching to GB so what's the use of that, Jo, how's that going to help me????

__________________
«First  <  19 10 11 12 13 14  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard