Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2023 Women's Predictions Competition


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20710
Date:
2023 Women's Predictions Competition


I'll try and do an update either next weekend or after the rankings on the 23rd.

(Katy at WR341 and GB12 just 21 places below Naiktha)

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20710
Date:

More jostling for position amongst our women and changes in the points for predictions.

Womens Rankings 23-10-23.JPG

Sorry, updated table - minor error due to Excel crash

 



-- Edited by the addict on Saturday 28th of October 2023 11:01:51 AM

Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

Blimey, mr average could win this ! Ps shouldnt it be Ms Average!!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20710
Date:

It's interesting that As You Were is right up there - the major changes over the season haven't really affected the top 10 in their order.

I was going to make some other comments, but Exel crashed immediately after I took the screenshot and lost the updates. Fortunately I save each update individually so only have one set of figures to redo.

__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1699
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Blimey, mr average could win this ! Ps shouldnt it be Ms Average!!


 What surprises me is how high As you were is, given the big change in rankings for the likes of Emma and the Katies.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53129
Date:

Well, I have zoomed up from 23 to 39

But I rather feel that must be all due to Marni and is a bit precarious

However, I'll take it

Yes, interesting that, especially when compared with the men, M. Average and As you Were are so high

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20710
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

Well, I have zoomed up from 23 to 39

But I rather feel that must be all due to Marni and is a bit precarious

However, I'll take it

Yes, interesting that, especially when compared with the men, M. Average and As you Were are so high


 Although the actual points ony show a 52% accuracy, so even with some big changes for the individual players it has balanced out with some players remaining static over the year.



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1699
Date:

I have just seen that Jon said he is taking rankings on 4th December to make final decisions for our Player of the Season thread, and that made me wonder what date will be used for the Predictions competitions?



-- Edited by SuperT on Saturday 4th of November 2023 09:43:04 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20710
Date:

In my first post I said :-

"The finishing date for the competition will be the Monday after the ATP finals (20th November 2023) or after any later WTA events, although this may be extended further depending on the tour calendars and participation of our players."

I am undecided at the moment on which date to use to close the competition, but I may well use the 4th December rankings to tie in with the POS dates. I'll make a decision once I see the initial entry lists for the last few weeks of the year. Last year I did actually use the rankings of 28 November, so it will be either the 27th November or 4th December this year. It probably won't make the slightest difference anyway !

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

the addict wrote:

In my first post I said :-

"The finishing date for the competition will be the Monday after the ATP finals (20th November 2023) or after any later WTA events, although this may be extended further depending on the tour calendars and participation of our players."

I am undecided at the moment on which date to use to close the competition, but I may well use the 4th December rankings to tie in with the POS dates. I'll make a decision once I see the initial entry lists for the last few weeks of the year. Last year I did actually use the rankings of 28 November, so it will be either the 27th November or 4th December this year. It probably won't make the slightest difference anyway !


 From a POS perspective , the only open rankings battle for top spot is womens doubles anyway , maybe girls singles but it is irrelevant to the POS qualifiers.

In the mens side, the challengers events run until 3rd December so tie in well with you choosing Dec 4th, as I guess the mens top 10 is unlikely to be from outside the challenger level world? 



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Saturday 4th of November 2023 10:17:06 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20710
Date:

A number of our top 10 are entered in events starting 20 November so the earliest date remains 27 November and I'll make a decision once the following week's entry lists are available.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39681
Date:

the addict wrote:

A number of our top 10 are entered in events starting 20 November so the earliest date remains 27 November and I'll make a decision once the following week's entry lists are available.


 Some of them are in W25s. Any points from these won't add in until 4th December.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 20710
Date:

indiana wrote:
the addict wrote:

A number of our top 10 are entered in events starting 20 November so the earliest date remains 27 November and I'll make a decision once the following week's entry lists are available.


 Some of them are in W25s. Any points from these won't add in until 4th December.


 Yes, but Harriet and Lily are entered in W100's so success there will affect the tables - maybe not in GB ranking but possibly enough in WR.



__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

I was browsing the current rankings with an eye on next year's predictions and noticed the entire second half of our current top 10 are either on the injured list or prone at any moment which is going to make it a total lottery unless our juniors can get more court time (and above all stay fit!)



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1699
Date:

Brendan F wrote:

I was browsing the current rankings with an eye on next year's predictions and noticed the entire second half of our current top 10 are either on the injured list or prone at any moment which is going to make it a total lottery unless our juniors can get more court time (and above all stay fit!)


 The injury situation has had a huge impact on this year's predictions too.  I had Emma and Katie Swan as my top 2 and I still believe that if fully fit they are our best players. But as neither has played much this year due to injury they are a long way down the list, meaning my results are way off target.  And as you say it's impossible to know who will be capable of playing in 2024.



__________________
«First  <  110 11 12 13 14  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard