Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2023 Women's Predictions Competition


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6321
Date:
RE: 2023 Women's Predictions Competition


wrp23.jpg

I'd like to use Fran as sub for Katy D - I don't think Katy  will be able to catch up this year -maybe next year.



__________________


Social player

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:

mdewey wrote:

Raducanu 50
Dart 80
Boulter 120
Swan 140
Burrage 150
Watson 180
Myazaki 200
Kartal 200
Brogan 240
Silva 250

Sub Grey 300


 I will stick with my predictions. Sadly I do not see Grey having a good run later this year but I hope I am wrong.



__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 302
Date:

miriam abc wrote:

Raducanu  65

Dart   70

Burrage  90

Boulter  120

Swan  125

Kartal  160

Watson   170

Myazaki  180

Silva   240

Brogan  280

Res. Maloney  300


 Can I switch Eliz Maloney in for Eden Silva, who I feel is going nowhere fast in singles.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39407
Date:

indiana wrote:

1. Emma Raducanu 16
2. Katie Swan 84
3. Harriet Dart 92
4. Jodie Burrage 114
5. Katie Boulter 120
6. Heather Watson 140
7. Lily Miyazaki 158
8. Sonay Kartal 180
9. Maia Lumsden 238
10. Amarni Banks 260

Sub. Katy Dunne 270



-- Edited by indiana on Saturday 24th of December 2022 06:27:43 PM


 My top 8 ( like many's ) is still the top 8 although the order of my top 6 is currently all over the place.

So it basically comes down to which 2 of 3 ( Maia, Marni and Katy D ) do I want to proceed forward with.

Looking at form and points due to come off, and that Maia has lately been very diverted by her doubles, I think Maia will have to be the one to give way. Seems to me more chance of Marni and Katy threatening the top 10.

So, may I sub in Katy D for Maia please.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20072
Date:

Sorry for the delay, but here is the post-Wimbledon table.

 

Womens Rankings 17-07-23.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20072
Date:

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to use their substitutes you have until next weekend to post here. I'll do all the changes in one hit.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52333
Date:

It's all right, you could 'delay' a bit more if you like, in fact, go ahead, the more delay the better cry



__________________


ATP level

Status: Offline
Posts: 3206
Date:

the addict wrote:

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to use their substitutes you have until next weekend to post here. I'll do all the changes in one hit.


 End of the weekend?  I'm considering a very risky sub!! Need a week to mull it overbiggrin



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20072
Date:

emmsie69 wrote:
the addict wrote:

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to use their substitutes you have until next weekend to post here. I'll do all the changes in one hit.


 End of the weekend?  I'm considering a very risky sub!! Need a week to mull it overbiggrin


 I said next weekend, not the end of this one  biggrin



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1661
Date:

SuperT wrote:


1 Emma 45
2 Katie S 92
3 Harriet 96
4 Jodie 105
5 Katie B 117
6 Heather 130
7 Lily 155
8 Sonay 185
9 Maia 280
10 Anna 295

Res Katy Dunne 275


 I had high hopes that Maia would climb the rankings once she got her fitness back, but despite great success in doubles she hasn't performed too much in singles and isn't on any entry lists in the next few weeks.  With most of her points dropping before the end of the year I'm afraid I can only see her ranking going in the wrong direction.  Although it's almost certainly a step too far to make the top 10, at least Katy is playing and winning matches, and she has very few points to defend in the next couple of months.  So, I would like to swap Maia for Katy Dunne please and I just hope I don't put the jinx on her!!!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39407
Date:

SuperT wrote:
SuperT wrote:


1 Emma 45
2 Katie S 92
3 Harriet 96
4 Jodie 105
5 Katie B 117
6 Heather 130
7 Lily 155
8 Sonay 185
9 Maia 280
10 Anna 295

Res Katy Dunne 275


 I had high hopes that Maia would climb the rankings once she got her fitness back, but despite great success in doubles she hasn't performed too much in singles and isn't on any entry lists in the next few weeks.  With most of her points dropping before the end of the year I'm afraid I can only see her ranking going in the wrong direction.  Although it's almost certainly a step too far to make the top 10, at least Katy is playing and winning matches, and she has very few points to defend in the next couple of months.  So, I would like to swap Maia for Katy Dunne please and I just hope I don't put the jinx on her!!!


 Ha, so it will be your fault if my similar swap goes wrong 



__________________


ATP level

Status: Offline
Posts: 3206
Date:

Good job I checked the rules, seriously thought about switching Emma for Katy but if there is one certainty in this, Katy Dunne will not be GB No.1 come December. I'll do the sensible thing and switch Maia for Katy please.

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 8781
Date:

Blimey this is going surprisingly well!

Jones in for Lumsden please.

__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1661
Date:

indiana wrote:
SuperT wrote:
SuperT wrote:


1 Emma 45
2 Katie S 92
3 Harriet 96
4 Jodie 105
5 Katie B 117
6 Heather 130
7 Lily 155
8 Sonay 185
9 Maia 280
10 Anna 295

Res Katy Dunne 275


 I had high hopes that Maia would climb the rankings once she got her fitness back, but despite great success in doubles she hasn't performed too much in singles and isn't on any entry lists in the next few weeks.  With most of her points dropping before the end of the year I'm afraid I can only see her ranking going in the wrong direction.  Although it's almost certainly a step too far to make the top 10, at least Katy is playing and winning matches, and she has very few points to defend in the next couple of months.  So, I would like to swap Maia for Katy Dunne please and I just hope I don't put the jinx on her!!!


 Ha, so it will be your fault if my similar swap goes wrong 


Yes I'll hold my hand up to that.  But I'm so so hoping Katy will stay fit for the rest of the year - for her sake.  



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39407
Date:

Yes let's hope Katy really gets back in the swing and Maia has great success in ... err doubles ( and back into her singles next year ).

__________________
«First  <  17 8 9 10 1114  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard