Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Challenge 2023


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1724
Date:
Challenge 2023


Great news Bob - happy walking, running, cycling, swimming .

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

I did NOT move to Spain, to be scraping the ice off my windscreen at 9.00am in the morning. I hate the cold !!


__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

Other than the DEC, can anyone recommend a charity that will assist with the aid efforts in Turkey/Syria. Thanks.

__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 344
Date:

www.akut.org.tr/
A Turkish rescue organisation - the website can be read in English

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

OK. For March I am doing something different.

I am plugging a Dave Sammel just giving page. Dave is trying to raise funds for a coach he knows well in the Ivory Coast, to try and get a tennis court resurfaced. You can find the details of Dave's challenge here.

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/david-sammel



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

Back off on my travels on Monday as I go back to Brazil for the first time since pre-covid. Staying in another location and have no idea what the internet coverage will be like. Shouldn't be a problem, but if I happen to disappear completely for 10 days, don't panic (or celebrate for that matter)

I might just ask Bob in Brazil to drop you all a note. wink



__________________
Jan


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7617
Date:

Safe travels Bob smile



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

Jan wrote:

Safe travels Bob smile


Thanks Jan.  Arrived safely and online too.  What could be better ?



__________________
Jan


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7617
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:
Jan wrote:

Safe travels Bob smile


Thanks Jan.  Arrived safely and online too.  What could be better ?


 Excellent!



__________________


Junior player

Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Date:

Jan wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:
Jan wrote:

Safe travels Bob smile


Thanks Jan.  Arrived safely and online too.  What could be better ?


 Excellent!


Glad you arrived safely. Hope you can find somewhere to watch the mighty Whites 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

Well it's been an interesting trip to say the least. Apparently, 2 days before I arrived, the authorities decided to arrest a big drugs baron and it has led to the local rival drugs gangs to call a truce and work together to cause as much disruption as possible.

We have had buses and cars set on fire in the street, regular shootings, schools/shops/offices all closed and people afraid to go out after dark - which is from about 6pm here. The state authorities have completely lost control and called in the army to restore order.

The drugs gangs publicly announced a curfew last night warning everyone that they would be attacked if out after 10pm.

For many of my meetings, the offices we were supposed to attend have been closed and so the people have come to the hotel for the meetings. At least that has meant I haven't had to venture out too much.

The violence has been bad enough that it has reached the BBC news.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-64985010

Oh, and it's rained every day too. So if anyone is looking for a fabulous holiday destination ..... wink



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

Finally made it home tonight. Interesting and very long 48-hour journey, which started with an 'armoured car' taxi ride to the airport - just in case.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19011
Date:

Now entering the final month of my challenge and tough though it has been, I am on target to achieve my three goals. So how much have I got left to do?

Walking: 163.5km
Cycling: 431.9km
Gym Reps: 21,920

With four weeks left to go, I am ahead of schedule in all three disciplines.

Over the year, the charities I have championed are:

Andy's Man Club
Tusk
DEC - Earthquake in Turkey/Syria
Ivory Coast Tennis (Dave Sammel)
Speech & Language UK
RAF Benevolant Fund
Leeds United Foundation
Give Directly - Morocco Earthquake Appeal
Bradley Lowery Foundation

As my final charity of the year, I am fundraising for Centrepoint who do invaluable and often life saving work helping homeless youth. So if you fancy giving assistance to a homeless young person as a Xmas present, feel free (but not obliged) to donate here.

https://www.justgiving.com/page/bob-in-spain-dec

Thank you to all those who have supported throughout the year.



-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Sunday 3rd of December 2023 11:54:48 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 35566
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Now entering the final month of my challenge and tough though it has been, I am on target to achieve my three goals. So how much have I got left to do?

Walking: 163.5km
Cycling: 431.9km
Gym Reps: 21,920

With four weeks left to go, I am ahead of schedule in all three disciplines.

Over the year, the charities I have championed are:

Andy's Man Club
Tusk
DEC - Earthquake in Turkey/Syria
Ivory Coast Tennis (Dave Sammel)
Speech & Language UK
RAF Benevolant Fund
Leeds United Foundation
Give Directly - Morocco Earthquake Appeal
Bradley Lowery Foundation

As my final charity of the year, I am fundraising for Centrepoint who do invaluable and often life saving work helping homeless youth. So if you fancy giving assistance to a homeless young person as a Xmas present, feel free (but not obliged) to donate here.

https://www.justgiving.com/page/bob-in-spain-dec

Thank you to all those who have supported throughout the year.



-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Sunday 3rd of December 2023 11:54:48 AM


 Brilliant , well done ! Get it all done before Xmas and then enjoy the holiday season!  



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1849
Date:

Well done, Bob - and a great charity to boot. Just donated!

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard