Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 42 - ITF (W15) Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Hard


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12976
Date:
Week 42 - ITF (W15) Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Hard


Q1: ARBUTHNOTT, Emily (GBR) 962/289 (CH=551/283 2016) v SILICH, Alina (RUS) 1037/330 (CH=416/294 2018) 

Q1: LINDH, Emilie (GBR) 4 729/42 (CH=643/35 2019) v FERNANDEZ, Bianca Jolie (CAN) 1151/430 (CH=1048/422 2020) {16yo JCH=361} 

Q1: BANKS, Amarni (GBR) WC UNR/1396 (CH=UNR/1356 2020) {18yo  JCH=40} v TRAN, Demi (NED) 1314/711 (CH=1310/697 2020) 

Q1: CONWAY, Jasmine (GBR) WC UNR/UNR {15yo JCH=114} v KRUPENINA, Maria (RUS) 1142/990 (CH=1094/960 2019) 

 



__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Online
Posts: 9623
Date:

Two Brits with wild cards, what a pleasant surprise.

Amarni was an autonatic withdrawal from Sharm, then a late withdrawal from Monastir.
Jasmine was quite a few places down the alt list.

__________________
DF


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6808
Date:

Emily won 6-3 6-2

__________________
DF


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6808
Date:

An Alt in instead of Emilie

__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3534
Date:

DF wrote:

An Alt in instead of Emilie


 She retired from a match last week cry



__________________


Improver

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Good to see all these Brits in the draw even if it is only quallies, Even better to see Banks active again. She looked like one of the shining lights in the British tour summer series after raducanu and burrage,Can somebody tell me what is the deal with her ? she seems like a great talent but also very mysterious. She seems to disappear for huge periods without playing much competition then reappears again from nowhere. I was worried she was on her way to the states for college however that still might be the case. Any information would be great as she looks a very interesting prospect.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34122
Date:

Not quite sure how things have changed recently but Marni Banks has been based in Spain for a good number of years before now.

So when you say she seems to disappear for huge periods, it's probably because she's been playing local Spanish events and hasn't actually been off the radar.



-- Edited by Coup Droit on Sunday 18th of October 2020 07:21:57 PM

__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 583
Date:

Deucebag wrote:

Good to see all these Brits in the draw even if it is only quallies, Even better to see Banks active again. She looked like one of the shining lights in the British tour summer series after raducanu and burrage,Can somebody tell me what is the deal with her ? she seems like a great talent but also very mysterious. She seems to disappear for huge periods without playing much competition then reappears again from nowhere. I was worried she was on her way to the states for college however that still might be the case. Any information would be great as she looks a very interesting prospect.


 I noticed that with Anton but assumed it was a coaching/progression thing, play a couple of tournaments and then have a coaching block to work on weaknesses.  Transitioning from Juniors to Seniors is a big leap.



__________________
DF


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6808
Date:

Amarni won 6-0 6-1
and Jasmine also won 6-2 6-1

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Online
Posts: 9623
Date:

DF wrote:

Amarni won 6-0 6-1
and Jasmine also won 6-2 6-1


 It's a pity that these two are in the same section of the draw, so only one can qualify.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34122
Date:

emmsie69 wrote:
Deucebag wrote:

Good to see all these Brits in the draw even if it is only quallies, Even better to see Banks active again. She looked like one of the shining lights in the British tour summer series after raducanu and burrage,Can somebody tell me what is the deal with her ? she seems like a great talent but also very mysterious. She seems to disappear for huge periods without playing much competition then reappears again from nowhere. I was worried she was on her way to the states for college however that still might be the case. Any information would be great as she looks a very interesting prospect.


 I noticed that with Anton but assumed it was a coaching/progression thing, play a couple of tournaments and then have a coaching block to work on weaknesses.  Transitioning from Juniors to Seniors is a big leap.


 I think Anton's programme planning has previously been far more due to studies. He got excellent A levels and is very committed to it.



__________________


Improver

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Unfortunately (if Im not mistaken)I think these two will meet in the last round of qualifying if they both win their next match.
As for Armarni I have heard rumours of a long-term rift with the LTA but on the other hand I hear rumours that she trains at the National tennis Centre full time.
And seeing as we are on the topic of rumours has anybody heard the recent rumour of a high ranked Young British female supposedly quitting tennis recently?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34122
Date:

I don't think it's a rumour that marni is now back training and based at the NTC. The article in the telegraph in Nov 2019 basically said she was now based there.
Whether she felt overlooked by supporters of Emma raducanu a few years before and hence her move to Spain, I don't know but I heard it suggested

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12976
Date:

Q1: ARBUTHNOTT, Emily (GBR) 962/289 def SILICH, Alina (RUS) 1037/330 6-3 6-2
Q1: BANKS, Amarni (GBR) WC UNR/1396 def TRAN, Demi (NED) 1314/711 6-0 6-1
Q1: CONWAY, Jasmine (GBR) WC UNR/UNR def KRUPENINA, Maria (RUS) 1142/990 6-2 6-1

Q2: ARBUTHNOTT, Emily (GBR) 962/289 (CH=551/283 2016) v KANAPATSKAYA, Viktoryia (BLR) 3 723/89 (CH=700/87 2019) {17yo JCH=24}
Q1: BANKS, Amarni (GBR) WC UNR/1396 (CH=UNR/1356 2020) {18yo JCH=40} v DJAKOVIC, Mihaela (SRB) 996/469 (CH=671/457 2019) {18yo JCH=480}
Q1: CONWAY, Jasmine (GBR) WC UNR/UNR {15yo JCH=114} v MARTI, Sandy (SUI) 1396/UNR (CH=694/82 2018)



-- Edited by Peter too on Sunday 18th of October 2020 10:26:00 PM

__________________


Improver

Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Date:

Well the move to Spain seems to have had its benefits as she really does pack a punch.
Sorry I was not aware of the article in the telegraph but I have just read it now. I also have sharpened up my detective skills up in the past 45 minutes and found she is linked with JTC so she is in good company with other good players and coaches.I also found her on youtube playing some good matches against the previously mentioned raducanu but also former WTA Number 10 Daria Kasatkina in a WTA in Adalaidewhich she lost in the 3rd set!
How would she have got into this?
Is she half australlian?
Has any body seen this footage as she gives the russian more than a game.
Sorry if I seem a little slow on the uptake but I have only started watching and following our younger and future players recently.
Does anybody know who her coach is?

__________________
1 2 39  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard