Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: General election/politics


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:
RE: General election/politics


Wanted: Proof reader with at least a modicum of ability. biggrinbiggrin

If you live in Stoke, I'd get out quick LOL.

Tory.jpg

PS. They couldn't even spell the name of their own MP correctly. It's Brereton, not Bereton. disbeliefdisbelief



Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:

Wanted: Another proof reader.

They're all as bad as each other.

twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1547935066205986817



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

All to play for as Mordaunt drifts and a very big move in from Badenoch.

bet365 latest :
Mordaunt 13/8
Sunak 13/8
Truss 9/2
Badenoch 13/2
Tugendhat 50/1

The latest poll of Tory members revealed 51% (!) going for Badenoch will no doubt have rather a lot to do with that.

Big TV debate tonight as MPs gauge the latest TV impressions and poll information.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:

This wouldn't help`Mordaunt, at least with the general public.

https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1548619810380161025

This is her trying to explain that when she said 'the UK doesn't have a veto to stop Turkey entering the EU', what she really meant was 'the UK does have a veto but Cameron wouldn't use it'. She actually says in this clip,

"Just because there was a provision in the treaty (for a veto) doesn't mean the UK could ever have used that".

I mean, what ???



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

Hmm, as expected it will be Sunak vs Truss. Should be all very jovial

Sunak 137
Truss 113
Mordaunt 105



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:

This is scary

twitter.com/montie/status/1550499753913458690

Tim Montgomerie is a former advisor to Boris Johnson and the founder of Conservative Home. He is usually in the know.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

This is scary

twitter.com/montie/status/1550499753913458690

Tim Montgomerie is a former advisor to Boris Johnson and the founder of Conservative Home. He is usually in the know.


Could be Johnson and Trump again after the next US Presidential election.

Stop the world, I want to get off!



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4906
Date:

indiana wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

This is scary

twitter.com/montie/status/1550499753913458690

Tim Montgomerie is a former advisor to Boris Johnson and the founder of Conservative Home. He is usually in the know.


Could be Johnson and Trump again after the next US Presidential election.

Stop the world, I want to get off!


"history repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce"



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:

I learnt something new this morning.

You don't have to be a British Citizen or live in the UK to be a member of the Tory Party. So anyone from anywhere in the world, can pay their 25 pounds (min 3 months) and then take part in the vote to choose the UK's next PM. If that isn't a system open to foreign interference, then I'm a teapot.

I am lead to believe there are about 200,000 Tory members. So somebody like Putin could sign up 200,001 of his loyal friends as Tory members and then Putin would get to choose the PM.

By my calculations, that would cost him about 15m pounds. Geez. You can't even get a game of tennis with Boris Johnson for that.



__________________


Masters Series Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 3798
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

I learnt something new this morning.

You don't have to be a British Citizen or live in the UK to be a member of the Tory Party. So anyone from anywhere in the world, can pay their 25 pounds (min 3 months) and then take part in the vote to choose the UK's next PM. If that isn't a system open to foreign interference, then I'm a teapot.

I am lead to believe there are about 200,000 Tory members. So somebody like Putin could sign up 200,001 of his loyal friends as Tory members and then Putin would get to choose the PM.

By my calculations, that would cost him about 15m pounds. Geez. You can't even get a game of tennis with Boris Johnson for that.


200,000 people never to be trusted. Even the ones that seem nice have something deep down hidden. The mantra of never trust a Tory has never been as true as it is now.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:

Well today's mini budget has certainly stirred up conversation in the media.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15865
Date:

Hugely risky budget.
Giving away loads of money to those who work in the hope they will spend more money.
However with inflation so high, I suspect most will be cautious and the growth will take longer than hoped unless inflation drops quickly and interest rates stabilise.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 44498
Date:

Just look at the current account deficit, Mr Kwarteng ....
And our borrowings (400bn of extra borrowings !?!?!) ...
And the recession that we're basically in ...
And the fact that the majority of the tax cuts benefit the rich

What with all the negative effects of Covid, Brexit and Ukraine, we'll be in bail-out land before too long....



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 23244
Date:

Pound taking a pasting already today, almost sank to dollar parity. Talk of an emergency rate rise meeting again this week.

Its going to be a roller coaster.

It strikes me that the banks policy of rate rises to tighten on inflation and the government policy of tax cuts to promote spending are working against each other, we could see fireworks with the markets clearly spooked by the new
Government approach, and probably rightly so.


__________________
«First  <  111 12 13 14  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard