Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Girls: 2024 Wimbledon (Week 28)


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53647
Date:
Girls: 2024 Wimbledon (Week 28)


Mimi lost, playing pretty uninspired tennis, if truth be told
She just looked a bit laboured, a bit flat (she hasn't been really firing on all cylinders these past couple of months - has there been exams?)

__________________
DF


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 11184
Date:

and Hep won. Lovely to see her trying and enjoying herself out there. Mimi looked as if she wanted to be elsewhere.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53647
Date:

Well done, Hep ! :)

Mika has won her first set 6-4, against an opponent who seems a tad injured and is being encouraged to carry on by the coach (dubious?)

Hannah is struggling rather

__________________
Var


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 890
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

Mimi lost, playing pretty uninspired tennis, if truth be told
She just looked a bit laboured, a bit flat (she hasn't been really firing on all cylinders these past couple of months - has there been exams?)


 Not aware of any big exams. Not firing currently. Looks very tired.



__________________
VRoberts


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53647
Date:

Var wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:

Mimi lost, playing pretty uninspired tennis, if truth be told
She just looked a bit laboured, a bit flat (she hasn't been really firing on all cylinders these past couple of months - has there been exams?)


 Not aware of any big exams. Not firing currently. Looks very tired.


 Yes, tired is a good word

Not physically exhausted, as such, from running around in a hard match

Just fatigued - it all looks a major effort  



__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

Now Klugman follows Mimi out of the tournament. Hopefully, they are able to learn as much in defeat as they do in victory as experience and development are really the key goals at this stage 



-- Edited by thegingerlightbulb on Wednesday 10th of July 2024 05:23:26 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53647
Date:

thegingerlightbulb wrote:

Now Klugman follows Mimi out of the tournament. Hopefully, they are able to learn as much in defeat as they do in victory as experience and development are really the key goals at this stage 



-- Edited by thegingerlightbulb on Wednesday 10th of July 2024 05:21:57 PM


 Yes. The SP overrule by the umpire was ridiculous - Hannah's ball was well in, as called by the linesman

But the point is that you can't let it get down to one point, poorly umpired or not 

She started really badly - you can't let the game get away from you like that

 

Meanwhile, the umpire on Mika's court is having an utter nightmare - I'm actually laughing out loud 



__________________


Social player

Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
thegingerlightbulb wrote:

Now Klugman follows Mimi out of the tournament. Hopefully, they are able to learn as much in defeat as they do in victory as experience and development are really the key goals at this stage 



-- Edited by thegingerlightbulb on Wednesday 10th of July 2024 05:21:57 PM


 Yes. The SP overrule by the umpire was ridiculous - Hannah's ball was well in, as called by the linesman

But the point is that you can't let it get down to one point, poorly umpired or not 

She started really badly - you can't let the game get away from you like that

 

Meanwhile, the umpire on Mika's court is having an utter nightmare - I'm actually laughing out loud 


 Me too but the umpire cant make mistakes like that! Yes Mikas ball was wrongly called out but her opponent put it back in the court. Cant just award the point to Mika! Let was right (eventual) call but shouldnt have got it so wrong in first place 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53647
Date:

And that's not the only thing they've had the tournament referee out for anpther mess up she made
And this one, she told Mika she hadn't changed her mind and then said she'd misremembeted about the ball coming back, so that is changing your mind .... its beenpoor

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53647
Date:

And Mika loses too

Leaving us just with Flora and Hep left in the girls - which, I guess, is not what the LTA expected

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10408
Date:

It was poor, but so was how Mika finished that MTB. Some very sloppy errors at the business end and she loses it 10-8 from *8-7 up.

Gar.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53647
Date:

Nice doubles win from Hep & Gabia

Allegra & Flora got hammered though

And Brooke & Hannah Read lost too

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18294
Date:

Flora plays a Belgian who beat Mimi at Roland Garros. There is an article about her following the first round win

R2

Rositsa Dencheva (BUL) d. (8) Mingge Xu 6-3 7-6(3)
(WC) Flora Johnson d. (Q) Mia Pohankova (SVK) 7-5 6-2
Monika Stankiewicz (POL) d. (5) Hannah Klugman 6-2 7-6(8)
(WC) Hephzibah Oluwadare d. Rose Marie Hijkamp (NED) 6-3 7-5
(15) Teodora Kostovic (SRB) d. Mika Stojsavljevic 4-6 6-3 7-6(8)

R3

(10) Jeline Vandromme (BEL) v (WC) Flora Johnson
Monika Stankiewicz (POL) v (WC) Hephzibah Oluwadare



__________________


Social player

Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Date:

Mimi and Mika are a set and 3-1 up but play now suspended
Holly and Dani won
Hannah and Isabelle lost in 3rd tiebreak

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18294
Date:

Doubles R1 (L32)

(7) Stojsavljevic/Xu lead Valdmannova/Zhenikova (CZE/GER) 6-3 3-1
(3) Jamrichova/Koike (SVK/JPN) d. Johnson/Korpanec Davies 6-0 6-1
Oluwadare/Paskauskas v Frodin/Lam (USA) 3-6 6-3 [10-3]
Dencheva/Yaneva (BUL) v Klugman/Lacy 6-3 1-6 [10-7]
Goto/Roura Llaverias (JPN/ESP) d. Black/Read 6-3 6-4
Piani/Smart d. Kotliar/Stankiewicz (UKR/POL) 6-4 6-4

R2

El Allami (MAR) / Sartz-Lunde (MAR/NOR) v (7) Stojsavljevic/Xu or Valdmannova/Zhenikova (CZE/GER)
Oluwadare/Paskauskas v Pastikova/Stusek (CZE/GER)
Piani/Smart v (2) Grant/Jovic (USA)


__________________
«First  <  14 5 6 7 8 9  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard