Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Boys & Girls: J300 Repentigny, Canada, hard (week 35)


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18300
Date:
Boys & Girls: J300 Repentigny, Canada, hard (week 35)


Apart from the singles reported above, we have representation in the doubles semis later today.

Girls QF

(1) Mingge Xu v (6) Iva Ivanova (BUL)
(4) Mara Gae (ROU) d. Isabelle Lacy 7-5 2-1 rtd
(5) Hannah Klugman d. (2) Emerson Jones (AUS) 2-6 6-3 6-1

Doubles SF

(1) Klugman/Xu v (7) Iyengar/Zhiyenbayeva (USA/GER)

Boys Doubles SF

Bonding/Woestendick (GBR/USA) v (2) Cina/Vulpitta (ITA)


__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1925
Date:

Cracking win for Hannah.

__________________

GO TEAM GBR IN 2024!



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18300
Date:

Mimi joins Hannah in the semis

Girls QF

(1) Mingge Xu d. (6) Iva Ivanova (BUL) 6-3 4-6 6-1
(4) Mara Gae (ROU) d. Isabelle Lacy 7-5 2-1 rtd
(5) Hannah Klugman d. (2) Emerson Jones (AUS) 2-6 6-3 6-1

SF

(1) Mingge Xu v (4) Mara Gae (ROU)
(9) Sonja Zhiyenbayeva (GER) v (5) Hannah Klugman

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53740
Date:

And Hannah & Mimi are through to the finals in the doubles :

Doubles SF

(1) Klugman/Xu def. (7) Iyengar/Zhiyenbayeva (USA/GER) 6-2 6-3

Boys Doubles SF

Bonding/Woestendick (GBR/USA) LOST to (2) Cina/Vulpitta (ITA) 7-5 6-4

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1925
Date:

Heres hoping for an all British final in the singles now.

__________________

GO TEAM GBR IN 2024!



Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1908
Date:

Great to see Mimi and Hannah get some games and wins.

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 495
Date:

DavidC wrote:

Apart from the singles reported above, we have representation in the doubles semis later today.

Girls QF

(1) Mingge Xu v (6) Iva Ivanova (BUL)
(4) Mara Gae (ROU) d. Isabelle Lacy 7-5 2-1 rtd
(5) Hannah Klugman d. (2) Emerson Jones (AUS) 2-6 6-3 6-1

Doubles SF

(1) Klugman/Xu v (7) Iyengar/Zhiyenbayeva (USA/GER)

Boys Doubles SF

Bonding/Woestendick (GBR/USA) v (2) Cina/Vulpitta (ITA)


 Does anybody know why Isabelle retired? Will she be ok for the Open?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18300
Date:

telstar wrote:
DavidC wrote:

Apart from the singles reported above, we have representation in the doubles semis later today.

Girls QF

(1) Mingge Xu v (6) Iva Ivanova (BUL)
(4) Mara Gae (ROU) d. Isabelle Lacy 7-5 2-1 rtd
(5) Hannah Klugman d. (2) Emerson Jones (AUS) 2-6 6-3 6-1

Doubles SF

(1) Klugman/Xu v (7) Iyengar/Zhiyenbayeva (USA/GER)

Boys Doubles SF

Bonding/Woestendick (GBR/USA) v (2) Cina/Vulpitta (ITA)


 Does anybody know why Isabelle retired? Will she be ok for the Open?


 Information about retirements in junior events is rarely available.  The US Open main draw will be out later today or tomorrow, and we just have to hope that she is in it.

 

Girls Doubles F

(1) Klugman/Xu v  (2) Gae/Kinosh1ta (ROU/JPN)



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53740
Date:

It gets better and better

Both Hannah and Mimi won, so we have an all-GB final

__________________
Nix


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1873
Date:

telstar wrote:
DavidC wrote:

Apart from the singles reported above, we have representation in the doubles semis later today.

Girls QF

(1) Mingge Xu v (6) Iva Ivanova (BUL)
(4) Mara Gae (ROU) d. Isabelle Lacy 7-5 2-1 rtd
(5) Hannah Klugman d. (2) Emerson Jones (AUS) 2-6 6-3 6-1

Doubles SF

(1) Klugman/Xu v (7) Iyengar/Zhiyenbayeva (USA/GER)

Boys Doubles SF

Bonding/Woestendick (GBR/USA) v (2) Cina/Vulpitta (ITA)


 Does anybody know why Isabelle retired? Will she be ok for the Open?


 She had a back issue after Wimbledon, so may be they're protecting her from that? Hopefully she'll make the draw. 



__________________
Nix


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1873
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

It gets better and better

Both Hannah and Mimi won, so we have an all-GB final


 Well done Hannah and Mimi. Can't choose between them so good luck both!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18300
Date:

So we will have the first ever British girl to win the singles here

SF

(1) Mingge Xu d. (4) Mara Gae (ROU) 6-2 6-4
(5) Hannah Klugman d. (9) Sonja Zhiyenbayeva (GER) 7-5 6-4

F

(1) Mingge Xu v (5) Hannah Klugman


__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1925
Date:

Fantastic.

Good to see Mimi string some wins together no for Hannah, a first final at this level?

__________________

GO TEAM GBR IN 2024!



Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53740
Date:



Doubles Final:

(1) Klugman/Xu def. (2) Gae/Kino****a (ROU/JPN) 6-2 6-4

Bravo, girls

Add: the Japanese girl's name is Kinosh*ta 

 



-- Edited by Coup Droit on Saturday 2nd of September 2023 05:39:50 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18300
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:



Doubles Final:

(1) Klugman/Xu def. (2) Gae/Kino****a (ROU/JPN) 6-2 6-4

Bravo, girls

Add: the Japanese girl's name is Kinosh*ta 

 



-- Edited by Coup Droit on Saturday 2nd of September 2023 05:39:50 AM


 Excellent - it means Mimi has won the doubles title in her last 3 J300 events with different partners.  It is her second J300 singles final, but she is yet to win any singles event above J60 (grade 4) level.

It is Hannah's first doubles title at this level.  In singles she has a couple of J200 titles, but this is her first J300 final.

The Japanese girl frequently appears in this section - I just substitute a 1 for the i in the 4 letter word which Activeboard objects to smile



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard