Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Boys & Girls: J300 Charleroi-Marcinelle, Belgium, clay (Week 22)


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18057
Date:
Boys & Girls: J300 Charleroi-Marcinelle, Belgium, clay (Week 22)


Good to see Mimi Xu in a junior ITF draw for the first time this year.  She, Ranah Stoiber and Oli Bonding are all using this tournament as their one event before Roland Garros.  Hannah Klugman is the only Brit joining from Milan and the only one without a bye.  Live scoring is available here  

Boys R1 (L48)

(5) Oliver Bonding bye

Girls R1 (L48)

(4) Mingge Xu bye

Hannah Klugman v Antonia Vergara Rivera (CHI)

(2) Ranah Akua Stoiber bye



__________________
Var


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

DavidC wrote:

Good to see Mimi Xu in a junior ITF draw for the first time this year.  She, Ranah Stoiber and Oli Bonding are all using this tournament as their one event before Roland Garros.  Hannah Klugman is the only Brit joining from Milan and the only one without a bye.  Live scoring is available here  

Boys R1 (L48)

(5) Oliver Bonding bye

Girls R1 (L48)

(4) Mingge Xu bye

Hannah Klugman v Antonia Vergara Rivera (CHI)

(2) Ranah Akua Stoiber bye


 Thank you for the post David - looks like a great tournament, didnt realise so many greats had won here as Juniors, Federer, Barty etc. Good to see Mimi back. I follow Mimi and Ranah on Instagram and they were both at Little Aston Tennis club on the clay for some practice beforehand. Hope all the Brits have a great week!



__________________
VRoberts


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1846
Date:

Great to see Mimi back.

__________________

GO TEAM GBR IN 2024!



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18057
Date:

Hannah has just begun her match - live scores via the link in the first post

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18057
Date:

Hannah takes the first set 6-2

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18057
Date:

....and the second 6-4 to win the match

__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3505
Date:

Was just looking at the fact sheet page for French Open. I see qualifying starts on 1st June. So I wonder if Hannah has a WC to the main draw considering she is playing here this week.

__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1774
Date:

Madadman wrote:

Was just looking at the fact sheet page for French Open. I see qualifying starts on 1st June. So I wonder if Hannah has a WC to the main draw considering she is playing here this week.




No. All the WCs are French except the WC reserved for a South American.

__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3505
Date:

Lambda wrote:
Madadman wrote:

Was just looking at the fact sheet page for French Open. I see qualifying starts on 1st June. So I wonder if Hannah has a WC to the main draw considering she is playing here this week.



 


No. All the WCs are French except the WC reserved for a South American.


 Cheers, I guess this makes sense. If she is still playing here on Thursday then that will be the QFs and 100 ranking points. Whereas she would need to win 2 qualifying rounds and a first round win to get 90 points at French Juniors. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18057
Date:

Madadman wrote:
Lambda wrote:
Madadman wrote:

Was just looking at the fact sheet page for French Open. I see qualifying starts on 1st June. So I wonder if Hannah has a WC to the main draw considering she is playing here this week.



 


No. All the WCs are French except the WC reserved for a South American.


 Cheers, I guess this makes sense. If she is still playing here on Thursday then that will be the QFs and 100 ranking points. Whereas she would need to win 2 qualifying rounds and a first round win to get 90 points at French Juniors. 


 Hannah hasn't entered the doubles (Ranah & Mimi are top seeds) which seems a sensible compromise. There are 2 Special Exempts available for RG for those still playing here on Thursday, and there are a lot of girls in RG qualifying who are playing here, so every chance that they will be allocated to 2 players still in singles. Hannah doesn't want to miss out because of playing doubles here, but singles would be different, and there is a good chance that she will be one of the two highest ranked eligible for a SE anyway (there are about 8 girls who would have a stronger claim, based on ranking, should they also make the QF here).  If not a J300 QF or better would be good compensation as you say.



__________________
Var


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 607
Date:

DavidC wrote:

....and the second 6-4 to win the match


 Oh shes good our Hannah! 



__________________
VRoberts


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3505
Date:

DavidC wrote:
Madadman wrote:
Lambda wrote:
Madadman wrote:

Was just looking at the fact sheet page for French Open. I see qualifying starts on 1st June. So I wonder if Hannah has a WC to the main draw considering she is playing here this week.



 


No. All the WCs are French except the WC reserved for a South American.


 Cheers, I guess this makes sense. If she is still playing here on Thursday then that will be the QFs and 100 ranking points. Whereas she would need to win 2 qualifying rounds and a first round win to get 90 points at French Juniors. 


 Hannah hasn't entered the doubles (Ranah & Mimi are top seeds) which seems a sensible compromise. There are 2 Special Exempts available for RG for those still playing here on Thursday, and there are a lot of girls in RG qualifying who are playing here, so every chance that they will be allocated to 2 players still in singles. Hannah doesn't want to miss out because of playing doubles here, but singles would be different, and there is a good chance that she will be one of the two highest ranked eligible for a SE anyway (there are about 8 girls who would have a stronger claim, based on ranking, should they also make the QF here).  If not a J300 QF or better would be good compensation as you say.


 Ahh I hadnt considered SEs. this event almost an extra qualifying tournament then For those on the qualifying list.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18057
Date:

Hannah now plays the girl who beat Hep in the Dominican Republic J200 final earlier in the year

Boys R2

(5) Oliver Bonding v Pavle Marinkov (AUS)

Girls R2

(4) Mingge Xu v Liam Oved (ISR)
(14) Alexia Harmon (USA) v Hannah Klugman
(Q) Eleejah Inisan (FRA) v (2) Ranah Akua Stoiber

__________________
DF


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 10801
Date:

Mimi's woes continue. She is 0-5 in the first set of her match against the Israeli.

She lacks match practice of course but she does not have much time before the French Open.

__________________
DF


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 10801
Date:

She lost the first set 1-6 but is now up 3-0 in the second.

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard