Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Which British Men's Player will win the most grass court season matches - 2023
Which British player will win the most grass court matches? [38 vote(s)]

Cam Norrie
15.8%
Dan Evans
15.8%
Andy Murray
10.5%
Jack Draper
21.1%
Liam Broady
2.6%
Jan Choinski
5.3%
Ryan Peniston
0.0%
Alastair Gray
0.0%
Billy Harris
0.0%
Paul Jubb
2.6%
Dan Cox
7.9%
Aidan McHugh
2.6%
Charlie Broom
0.0%
Arthur Fery
5.3%
Kyle Edmund
0.0%
Jay Clarke
2.6%
Stuart Parker
2.6%
George Loffhagen
2.6%
Giles Hussey
0.0%
AN Other (please state who you vote for!)
2.6%


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:
RE: Which British Men's Player will win the most grass court season matches - 2023


the addict wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
the addict wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
the addict wrote:

You may not have had many replies, but this thread has 2700 views, so there is plenty of interest


 you never can tell and I dont wish to bore anyone (he says, probably too late for that!) and I will plug on to the dear end!! Haha. 

I actually wish the women played these two events on grass post Wimbledon - why don't they?- as it feels the womens battle ended too soon...


 I think they are short of grass courts just at the moment. The ten in use at the NTC are looking rather worn after hosting Wimbedon qualifying, whilst the other courts that were used aren't available right now - they were still taking down the last stand yesterday. I'm not sure wherelse they could play, with County Cup week starting on Monday (requires 9 grass courts at each of 14 venues)


 ah - forgot about County Cup; not sure who is hosting that? There is a British Tour event in Giffnock, the Scottish Grass Court Champs, this week, maybe it could have been used although probably a whole heap of financial investment more than for British Tour... 


The LTA County Cup is at 14 different sites - Eastbourne is the top one (may be mens and womens). I'm not sure about the other ones - I know Frinton and Felixstowe have mens this year after they moved some of the divisions around.


 Yes, sorry, realised it was all over the country, just meant I didnt know which venues hosted it across the country. I was in Norfolk last week and as well as Frinton and Felixstowe in Anglia, I noticed Cromer and Hunstanton as two venues that regularly host events like County week   



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:

Charlie wins his QF in Roehampton and takes it to a 4 way tie on 11 wins!!

Dan and Billy play later and one of those will go top and, as mentioned, play Charlie next match!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:

So, Dan Cox goes top of the table with his win over Billy - well done Dan, and it leaves this down to Dan or Charlie now as they play tomorrow in the semis at Roehampton. If Dan takes that match he wins outright and DEFENDS his title; if Charlie wins, he goes equal with Dan and can go on to take it outright if he wins the final on Saturday.

For now, 3 people voted for Dan this year - Jaggy voted for him again, as he did last year, Indy also went the Dan Cox route and could get the plaudits for that; Miriam ABC didnt actually officially vote for Dan Cox, but she did put an unofficial hand up to change her preference to Dan, so semi kudos to Miriam, if Dan goes on to win this. There is a third official Dan voter, but they havent made themselves known, yet?!

Jaggy though stands to be a double winner - he won the womens with Katie B, so is close to a double and our champion grass court predictor!

(Charlie B had no one voting for him, so would effectively be a left field winner if it comes to pass)

TOTAL Player
12 D. Cox
11 A. Murray
11 B. Harris
11 C. Broom
6 E. Hudd
6 T. Samuel
5 L. Broady
5 M. Whitehouse
5 R. Storrie
4 H. Wendelken
4 J. Monday
4 L. Simkiss
4 M. Hurrion
4 M. Summers
4 P. Brady
4 S. Parker


__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:

Charlie and Dan locked at 5 all in the grass court mega match!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:

I wonder if people at the venue realise they are watching the grass court match of the year?!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:

Well, suddenly it is all over! Dan Cox is our champion after beating Charlie Broom and no one can now top him

Still got the final to play, but the race is all over - congrats to Jaggy, Indy for getting him right, congrats to Miriam for an unofficial getting it right and to one un named person who also voted for Dan

And big congrats to Jaggy who was the only person who predicted the men's and women's winners - Jaggy can be called our Grass Court Prediction Champ for 2023.

TOTAL Player
13 D. Cox
11 A. Murray
11 B. Harris
11 C. Broom
6 E. Hudd
6 T. Samuel
5 L. Broady
5 M. Whitehouse
5 R. Storrie
4 H. Wendelken
4 J. Monday
4 L. Simkiss
4 M. Hurrion
4 M. Summers
4 P. Brady
4 S. Parker
3 A. Canter
3 B. Blaydes
3 C. Norrie
3 R. Peniston
2 A. Fery
2 A. Habib
2 C. Thomson
2 F. Blaydes
2 F. Murgett
2 G. Loffhagen
2 J. Choinski
2 J. Pinnington-Jones
2 S. Hodkin
2 T. Martin
1 B. Jones
1 B. Murphy
1 D. Evans
1 D. Quayle
1 G. Houghton
1 G. Hussey
1 J. Clarke
1 J. Davis
1 J. Fearnley
1 J. Goodger
1 J. Tyler
1 L. Hignett
1 M. Shaw
1 P. Jubb
1 T. Sanghera
1 W. Jansen


__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38867
Date:

Yay, well done to Dan.

And congrats to Jaggy on his double !



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4573
Date:

Wish I put realistic predictions in the main two competitions because I think Id be at or near the top of them as well

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4573
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Well, suddenly it is all over! Dan Cox is our champion after beating Charlie Broom and no one can now top him

Still got the final to play, but the race is all over - congrats to Jaggy, Indy for getting him right, congrats to Miriam for an unofficial getting it right and to one un named person who also voted for Dan

And big congrats to Jaggy who was the only person who predicted the men's and women's winners - Jaggy can be called our Grass Court Prediction Champ for 2023.

TOTAL Player
13 D. Cox
11 A. Murray
11 B. Harris
11 C. Broom
6 E. Hudd
6 T. Samuel
5 L. Broady
5 M. Whitehouse
5 R. Storrie
4 H. Wendelken
4 J. Monday
4 L. Simkiss
4 M. Hurrion
4 M. Summers
4 P. Brady
4 S. Parker
3 A. Canter
3 B. Blaydes
3 C. Norrie
3 R. Peniston
2 A. Fery
2 A. Habib
2 C. Thomson
2 F. Blaydes
2 F. Murgett
2 G. Loffhagen
2 J. Choinski
2 J. Pinnington-Jones
2 S. Hodkin
2 T. Martin
1 B. Jones
1 B. Murphy
1 D. Evans
1 D. Quayle
1 G. Houghton
1 G. Hussey
1 J. Clarke
1 J. Davis
1 J. Fearnley
1 J. Goodger
1 J. Tyler
1 L. Hignett
1 M. Shaw
1 P. Jubb
1 T. Sanghera
1 W. Jansen


 And last year as well. 2022 and 2023 champion

and 2024 Jaggy v Bob winner when the 10 in 250 hits before the 20 in 500.

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38867
Date:

So I guess I too can humbly say that I am 2022 and 2023 champion 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:

indiana wrote:

So I guess I too can humbly say that I am 2022 and 2023 champion 


 Did you go for Jodie last season? or Dan? 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38867
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
indiana wrote:

So I guess I too can humbly say that I am 2022 and 2023 champion 


 Did you go for Jodie last season? or Dan? 


 Ah, my bad, I evidently didn't go for Dan last year. I was getting confused with this year I went for Dan, the player that got most wins last year. I didn't go for Jodie either as she's a woman.

So Jaggy can bask in all the glory 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 32418
Date:

Wow! Hahaha

__________________
«First  <  110 11 12 | Page of 12  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard