Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2023 British tournaments


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20834
Date:
RE: 2023 British tournaments


Shhh wrote:

Tickets for Surbiton are coming up as sold out(?) I find that hard to believe, is it more likely they are not actually on sale yet, does anybody know from previous years?

(Highly recommended if anyone was thinking of attending that has not been before)


 It looks like the stands are sold out, but ground tickets are still available for Monday to Friday. I am going on the Monday and hope there will be a few Brits surving from QR1  !

(Might chance it and go on the Sunday as well)



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2075
Date:

Shrewsbury have announced the W100 this year will be 15 to 22 October, which is a couple of weeks earlier than last year.

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2075
Date:

Nottingham entry list (women only at the moment).
https://www.lta.org.uk/fan-zone/international/rothesay-open-nottingham/event-guide/player-entry-list/

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37546
Date:

Lambda wrote:

Nottingham entry list (women only at the moment).
https://www.lta.org.uk/fan-zone/international/rothesay-open-nottingham/event-guide/player-entry-list/


 it feels quite a weak list to me, although not sure how it normally stacks up - obviously any GB players will need to be wild cards and qualifiers, sadly 



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2075
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Lambda wrote:

Nottingham entry list (women only at the moment).
https://www.lta.org.uk/fan-zone/international/rothesay-open-nottingham/event-guide/player-entry-list/


 it feels quite a weak list to me, although not sure how it normally stacks up - obviously any GB players will need to be wild cards and qualifiers, sadly 




Its fairly standard for Nottingham, possibly slightly stronger than usual for the initial list. There's usually a lot of drops out as schedules change following RG. Last year the initial cut was 93 and after 7 withdrawals the final cut was 113. Unfortunately the WTA have now hidden their cut off sheet from public view so I can't see how that compares over the years.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37546
Date:

Lambda wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

 

Lambda wrote:

Nottingham entry list (women only at the moment).
https://www.lta.org.uk/fan-zone/international/rothesay-open-nottingham/event-guide/player-entry-list/


 it feels quite a weak list to me, although not sure how it normally stacks up - obviously any GB players will need to be wild cards and qualifiers, sadly 



 


Its fairly standard for Nottingham, possibly slightly stronger than usual for the initial list. There's usually a lot of drops out as schedules change following RG. Last year the initial cut was 93 and after 7 withdrawals the final cut was 113. Unfortunately the WTA have now hidden their cut off sheet from public view so I can't see how that compares over the years.


 ok, that is good to hear, it sits around 80 at the moment so slightly better. The mens Surbiton Challenger list is out, entry deadline for the ITF womens event is later this week isnt it, presumably we will see an initial list for Surbiton on the ITF site next week, therefore?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37546
Date:

The LTA Wimbledon Wild Card Play Offs fact sheet is below - dates are 22/23 June, main qualifying is then the following week.

10 automatic entries and 6 wild cards in 16 player fields.

www.lta.org.uk/495db0/siteassets/compete/adult/file/lta-wimbledon-wild-card-play-offs-fact-sheet-2023.pdf

__________________


Challenger level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2546
Date:

Have the LTA ever stated why they cannot allow spectators to this event? Its such a shame :(

__________________

 Its really not as bad as they say :)



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 53264
Date:

Shhh wrote:

Have the LTA ever stated why they cannot allow spectators to this event? Its such a shame :(


 I agree. Utterly ridiculous.

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37546
Date:

Ilkley entry list out

Liam is 3rd alt although May end up at Queens?

www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/ilkley

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37546
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Ilkley entry list out

Liam is 3rd alt although May end up at Queens?

www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/ilkley


 Kokkinakis and Goffin are decent attractions, as are Kubler, Vesely and Mmoh. 

not seen womens list yet 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20834
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Ilkley entry list out

Liam is 3rd alt although May end up at Queens?

www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/ilkley


 Kokkinakis and Goffin are decent attractions, as are Kubler, Vesely and Mmoh. 

not seen womens list yet 


 The women's entry list closes on Thursday 1st, so available in the evening hopefully.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37546
Date:

the addict wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Ilkley entry list out

Liam is 3rd alt although May end up at Queens?

www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/ilkley


 Kokkinakis and Goffin are decent attractions, as are Kubler, Vesely and Mmoh. 

not seen womens list yet 


 The women's entry list closes on Thursday 1st, so available in the evening hopefully.


 Thanks TA - I have finals tickets so keen to see who ends up playing in both events.



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2075
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

I enquired about Ilkley tickets today and got this from the club - not sure what the changes are?


Hi Jon,


We believe that the Ilkley Trophy will be running from Saturday 17th June so will be the same week as Queens. It is our understanding that we have to wait for the LTA and ATP to confirm the final details as there have been some slight changes.


We will announce the release of tickets as soon as we know ourselves and these will be sold through the LTA website. If you follow us on social media this will be where we first announce the release.


Kind regards,


Ilkley Lawn Tennis and Squash Club




Going back to this from earlier this year, the changes are that the ATP have required that Ilkley finishes on Saturday rather than Sunday as they want to apply consistency on not having tournaments finish the day before a Majors qualifying and have had to bring men's qualifying forward to Saturday. So the men's now runs from Saturday to Saturday.

As a consequence Ilkley have chosen to move the women's final to Saturday as well and reduce the womens tournament by a day so it runs from Sunday to Saturday. I see from the ITF fact sheet that Women start the main draw on Monday. I'm not sure if that means women will have 2 qualifying matches on Sunday or they're running both final qualifying round and some main draw on Monday.

Ilkley have also said centre court capacity has been increased by a third.

-- Edited by Lambda on Tuesday 30th of May 2023 09:59:06 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37546
Date:

Mens Eastbourne list is out, Jack just creeps in, if fit.

www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/eastbourne

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard