Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2023 British tournaments


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2111
Date:
RE: 2023 British tournaments


This is a good article on what the Ilkley Trophy means to the club and how they're using the profits to help disadvantaged children in the community. Also says it is confirmed for next year.
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/other-sport/how-ilkley-ltsc-is-using-lexus-ilkley-trophy-to-grow-tennis-in-yorkshire-4184280

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38385
Date:

Lambda wrote:

This is a good article on what the Ilkley Trophy means to the club and how they're using the profits to help disadvantaged children in the community. Also says it is confirmed for next year.
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/other-sport/how-ilkley-ltsc-is-using-lexus-ilkley-trophy-to-grow-tennis-in-yorkshire-4184280


 Tickets for next Saturday finals - cant wait !



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38385
Date:

As well as Lexus headline sponsoring the British tennis tournaments world, theyre now going in big with the atp globally

www.atptour.com/en/news/atp-lexus-announcement-june-2023

__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1321
Date:

Don't know if this has been posted already, but it looks like the UK tournaments for the rest of the year have been decided for the women at least - in addition to the 4 x 25k in August, there'll be a 100k, 60k, 25k swing in Oct/Nov per last year - although this time 'in order' from biggest to smallest which seems more sensible (although it worked out very well for Lily and Emily last time!)


__________________


Masters Series Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 3665
Date:

jb288 wrote:

Don't know if this has been posted already, but it looks like the UK tournaments for the rest of the year have been decided for the women at least - in addition to the 4 x 25k in August, there'll be a 100k, 60k, 25k swing in Oct/Nov per last year - although this time 'in order' from biggest to smallest which seems more sensible (although it worked out very well for Lily and Emily last time!)


 Interesting that the ITF site only has womens tournaments for GB in the Autumn and no Mens. Maybe we might have some autumn atp challengers in this country?



__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2111
Date:

Madadman wrote:

jb288 wrote:

Don't know if this has been posted already, but it looks like the UK tournaments for the rest of the year have been decided for the women at least - in addition to the 4 x 25k in August, there'll be a 100k, 60k, 25k swing in Oct/Nov per last year - although this time 'in order' from biggest to smallest which seems more sensible (although it worked out very well for Lily and Emily last time!)


 Interesting that the ITF site only has womens tournaments for GB in the Autumn and no Mens. Maybe we might have some autumn atp challengers in this country?




Mens are M25s at Edgbaston (Outdoor), Glasgow and Sunderland in same weeks as womens. Shrewsbury and Glasgow have been on ITF calendar since mid April with Edgbaston and Sunderland added late April.

-- Edited by Lambda on Monday 26th of June 2023 02:36:51 AM

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2111
Date:

Incidentally, many of us are saying that Emma should reset and develop naturally by starting with some high level ITFs. She says she's looking to return before the end of the year. If she hasn't already returned and is looking for a special ranking (protected ranking to most of us) then I worked out when she announced her lay off that Glasgow week would be the first week she could return and be eligible for a SR. Unfortunately, Shrewsbury would be a week too soon - her last points were added 24th April, the 26 weeks out to be eligible for a SR from 24th April would be 23rd October. I'm not suggesting she'll play Glasgow as I can't see her stepping down to a 60K. A 100K perhaps, but not a 60K.

Im not looking to start a discussion in this thread on what Emma should play on her return, we've got her own thread for that. I'm merely making note that Shrewsbury would be too soon for a SR.

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2111
Date:

At JonH's request elsewhere, these are the links to details of feed up WCs which have recently being updated with opportunities for the remainder of the year.

women feed up wildcards 2023
men feed up wildcards 2023

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38385
Date:

Lambda wrote:

At JonH's request elsewhere, these are the links to details of feed up WCs which have recently being updated with opportunities for the remainder of the year.

women feed up wildcards 2023
men feed up wildcards 2023


 Thank you Lamdba!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38385
Date:

So they still seem to assume the UK Pro League Finals will take place in October.

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2111
Date:

The 3 women's GB tournaments and 2 of the 3 men's in October are now labelled coaching trial on the ITF calendar. Ive not heard anything about the ITF doing a coaching trial but I assume this is a trial of courtside coaching used in the ATP and WTA?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21125
Date:

There are quite a few more this month - with Serbia being one this year. Assuming it is as you say it makes me wonder if the attendance at these tournaments will go up significantly - there aren't many spectators/coaches etc to be seen at some of these tournaments.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard