Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Davis Cup Qualifiers 2023 - Colombia vs GB - 3-4 Feb


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12641
Date:
Davis Cup Qualifiers 2023 - Colombia vs GB - 3-4 Feb


We travel to Colombia!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12641
Date:

Colombia top 4 singles players

Daniel Galan WR 69
Nicolas Mejia WR 300
Nicolas Barrientos WR 451 (age 35 - also WR 60 in doubles)
Christian Rodriguez WR 619 (age 32 - WR 80 in doubles)

Also former WR 70 Alejandro Gonzalez who hasnt played since April.


And also former world number 1 doubles pair in Cabal & Farah.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 30327
Date:

wolf wrote:

Colombia top 4 singles players

Daniel Galan WR 69
Nicolas Mejia WR 300
Nicolas Barrientos WR 451 (age 35 - also WR 60 in doubles)
Christian Rodriguez WR 619 (age 32 - WR 80 in doubles)

Also former WR 70 Alejandro Gonzalez who hasnt played since April.


And also former world number 1 doubles pair in Cabal & Farah.


 Should win surely ?! 



__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:

wolf wrote:

We travel to Colombia!


 I hope we avoid the meat...



__________________

She/her



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18651
Date:

Not sure if anyone here is thinking of going, but I was barred from boarding a flight to Colombia once for not having a Yellow Fever jab. However, I wasn't traveling from the UK so rules may be different depending on the origin of the flight.

__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Not sure if anyone here is thinking of going, but I was barred from boarding a flight to Colombia once for not having a Yellow Fever jab. However, I wasn't traveling from the UK so rules may be different depending on the origin of the flight.


 I think we had to have  yellow fever jab for going to Bolivia, in 2013.



__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 470
Date:

Colombia away and on first thoughts, their dubs pair very strong but these qualifiers are five rubbers.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38644
Date:

Smudge226 wrote:

Colombia away and on first thoughts, their dubs pair very strong but these qualifiers are five rubbers.


 Yes but a very strong doubles pair and one very decent singles player could bring them 3 rubbers.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 49006
Date:

Venue chosen, according to the Beeb.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 30327
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

Venue chosen, according to the Beeb.


 Happy with high altitude, will speed things up. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 30327
Date:

Apparently the teams need to be announced today

www.daviscup.com/en/news/328605.aspx

Not seen anything about GB or Colombia ?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38644
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Apparently the teams need to be announced today

www.daviscup.com/en/news/328605.aspx

Not seen anything about GB or Colombia ?


 Be very interesting after the fall out from last time.



__________________


ATP level

Status: Offline
Posts: 3242
Date:

Youd think it would be Norrie, Evans, Draper. Neal & Joe? Neal & Evo for the doubles? Did well on clay at Monte Carlo in 2021?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 30327
Date:

Madadman wrote:

Youd think it would be Norrie, Evans, Draper. Neal & Joe? Neal & Evo for the doubles? Did well on clay at Monte Carlo in 2021?


 as a 5 man squad you would expect this to be the case. 

On clay in Colombia?

Singles - not sure why Andy would play or be picked on clay, surely it wouldnt be in his interests so those first three would make sense.

Doubles - Jamie - has done ok in the past on clay and has a Colombian wife - not sure if that makes any difference? and hasnt Lloyd done well on clay, not sure if he might contend against one of Joe or Neal 

and would all of them want to travel down there for a week at that part of the season? Might impact who plays? 

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 30327
Date:

Koolhof in the Dutch team just announced


Davis Cup
@DavisCup
·
10m
TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

@Boticvdz
@Griekii
Tim van Rijthoven
@wesleykoolhof
@Mside83

And Harri H in Finnish team

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Davis Cup
@DavisCup
TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

@EmilRuusuvuori

@EeroVasa

Harri Heliövaara
Otto Virtanen
Patrik Niklas-Salminen

__________________
1 2 310  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard