Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Brydan Klein


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3474
Date:
Brydan Klein


Looks like he might be back from injury, Im sure he was injured. Shows on the Futures entry list for Australia 24/9.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39212
Date:

Yes, I read that he was injured before Wimbledon. He had been going to partner Marcus Willis in doubles but instead Aidan McHugh partnered Marcus in qualifying.

I don't know what the injury was.



__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 215
Date:

Brydan is playing Cairns AMT Platinum this week before the $25k next week in the same location.

He isnt on the EL for the $25k but I suspect he will at the least get a qualifying WC.

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

FriendofLouieG wrote:

Brydan is playing Cairns AMT Platinum this week before the $25k next week in the same location.

He isnt on the EL for the $25k but I suspect he will at the least get a qualifying WC.


 Thanks for this FoLG. Indeed, Brydan is top seed at the Cairns event this week

https://tournaments.tennis.com.au/sport/draw.aspx?id=3933C6F6-53EC-4D72-812F-A8F58FC0698C&draw=2

And won his opener. 

Although he isnt appearing in the F5 Cairns list next week as you say, I wonder if the winner of the Cairns AMT event this week will get an automatic wildcard, it would seem to make sense. Either way, Brydan is definitely appearing on the F6 entry list in Darwin starting w.c. 24th September. 

https://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100043528

 



__________________
JonH


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 215
Date:

JonH wrote:
FriendofLouieG wrote:

Brydan is playing Cairns AMT Platinum this week before the $25k next week in the same location.

He isnt on the EL for the $25k but I suspect he will at the least get a qualifying WC.


 Thanks for this FoLG. Indeed, Brydan is top seed at the Cairns event this week

https://tournaments.tennis.com.au/sport/draw.aspx?id=3933C6F6-53EC-4D72-812F-A8F58FC0698C&draw=2

And won his opener. 

Although he isnt appearing in the F5 Cairns list next week as you say, I wonder if the winner of the Cairns AMT event this week will get an automatic wildcard, it would seem to make sense. Either way, Brydan is definitely appearing on the F6 entry list in Darwin starting w.c. 24th September. 

https://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100043528

 


No worries.   I am officiating at the Cairns event next week so hopefully he can somehow get into the draw so I can see him play. 

I would be very surprised if he doesnt win the AMT this week.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Great, hope that goes well and you avoid any Serena like tantrums!



__________________
JonH


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 51881
Date:

Brydan lost his R2 match to a guy called Vincent Stouff, 3-6 4-6.

Stouff is French, age 32, and used to be ranked about 1000.

With this money tournament having a first prize of $1500, that gives Brydan a prize money of $88. As entry is $70, it's not looking too rosy (and that's before witholding tax, let alone costs......)

However, bigger picture, great to see him playing again.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

Brydan lost his R2 match to a guy called Vincent Stouff, 3-6 4-6.

Stouff is French, age 32, and used to be ranked about 1000.

With this money tournament having a first prize of $1500, that gives Brydan a prize money of $88. As entry is $70, it's not looking too rosy (and that's before witholding tax, let alone costs......)

However, bigger picture, great to see him playing again.


 cripes, looks like Klein got stouffed there... 



__________________
JonH


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 51881
Date:

JonH wrote:
FriendofLouieG wrote:

Brydan is playing Cairns AMT Platinum this week before the $25k next week in the same location.

He isnt on the EL for the $25k but I suspect he will at the least get a qualifying WC.


 Thanks for this FoLG. Indeed, Brydan is top seed at the Cairns event this week

https://tournaments.tennis.com.au/sport/draw.aspx?id=3933C6F6-53EC-4D72-812F-A8F58FC0698C&draw=2

And won his opener. 

Although he isnt appearing in the F5 Cairns list next week as you say, I wonder if the winner of the Cairns AMT event this week will get an automatic wildcard, it would seem to make sense. Either way, Brydan is definitely appearing on the F6 entry list in Darwin starting w.c. 24th September. 

https://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100043528

 


 Well noted.

Brydan is indeed in the quali draw at Cairns, despite not being on the acceptance list.

He is top seed and has a BYE in qr1. 



__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 215
Date:

He should qualify.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34681
Date:

I see Brydan played a UTR match overnight. He had a 2 sets win over Bosancic, ranked around 1300 or so. Perhaps he is prepping for a qualifiers spot in Melbourne warm up events ? Either way nice to see him play.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34681
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

I see Brydan played a UTR match overnight. He had a 2 sets win over Bosancic, ranked around 1300 or so. Perhaps he is prepping for a qualifiers spot in Melbourne warm up events ? Either way nice to see him play.


 Brydan beat a different Bosancic 4 and 3 last night and makes it 3 straight sets wins this week, albeit against much weaker opponents 



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3474
Date:

Going by this website.
www.myutr.com/utr-pro-tennis-series
These matches are part of a $25k tournament in Bendigo which is north west of Melbourne.

__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3474
Date:

app.myutr.com/events/37520
Looks more like $20k. Another event the following week as well.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34681
Date:

Brydan won again. His 4th win in his group. The link was good , thanks for posting that. However, it was annoying to have to sign up and create a profile to see the event and then the UTR folks didnt have much structure to the info sadly - hard to tell how the group draws all fitted together into an actual event and no standings etc. Then again, our summer 2020 events like UK Pro Tour didnt do a very good job either !

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard