Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Tour de France


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21772
Date:
Tour de France


Cav is the man! A second win!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21772
Date:

And still green jersey !

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17358
Date:

Wouldn't it be Mark Cavendish all over, if he were to take the record from Merckx on the final stage up the Champs Elysees. If he can make it through the mountain stages, there are enough sprint stages left for that to happen.

My fear is though that at 36 years old, he will struggle to make the cut off times in the mountain stages and he will get eliminated.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21772
Date:

a third stage win today for Mark Cavendish - pretty amazing to be honest!

Early marker for SPOTY!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21772
Date:

Wow, Cav wins again! He is now equal with Eddie Mercx as the person who has won most stages
Of the Tour. Down in history, what a comeback!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36270
Date:

Magnifique 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36270
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

a third stage win today for Mark Cavendish - pretty amazing to be honest!

Early marker for SPOTY!


 After that 4th stage win he is currently 3rd in the oddschecker SPOTY betting ( available at 7/1 ) behind Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling. So he could well rise further after Sunday. 

Dina Asher-Smith is currently 4th, essentially on what she might well do at the Olympics. I guess other Olympians will emerge but it is difficult to know what impact this rather different Olympics is going to have. But a final sprint win in Paris and the outright record woudn't go amiss for Cav! 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5106
Date:

Interesting to see Slovenia emerge as a powerhouse of international cycling. The two best cyclists in the world are both Slovenian. Roglic was on the cusp of winning it last year until he got out juiced in the final time trial by Pogacar who is now ripping it up in the Pyrenees A third Mohoric has now powered away from the whole peloton for a second time another superhuman feat of endurance.

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cyclingweekly.com/amp/news/matej-mohoric-says-police-raid-on-bahrain-victorious-hotel-made-him-feel-like-a-drug-dealer

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5106
Date:

www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-damaging-questions-as-links-uncovered-between-erzen-and-aderlass-doping-doctor/



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21772
Date:

Oakland2002 wrote:

www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-damaging-questions-as-links-uncovered-between-erzen-and-aderlass-doping-doctor/


 Its a 2019 article though



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21772
Date:

Oakland2002 wrote:

Interesting to see Slovenia emerge as a powerhouse of international cycling. The two best cyclists in the world are both Slovenian. Roglic was on the cusp of winning it last year until he got out juiced in the final time trial by Pogacar who is now ripping it up in the Pyrenees A third Mohoric has now powered away from the whole peloton for a second time another superhuman feat of endurance.

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cyclingweekly.com/amp/news/matej-mohoric-says-police-raid-on-bahrain-victorious-hotel-made-him-feel-like-a-drug-dealer


 Not even David Walsh is accusing Pog of doping to be fair 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5106
Date:

Astana were a very successful indeed dominated world cycling with some amazing feats of endurance. Contador dominated.

amp.theguardian.com/sport/2015/feb/27/astana-doping-cycling-troubled-team

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorazd_tangelj



__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard