Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 18 - ATP Masters 1000 (Mutua Madrileña Open) - Madrid - red clay


Admin:Moderator + Tennis Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12091
Date:
RE: Week 18 - ATP Masters 1000 (Mutua Madrileña Open) - Madrid - red clay


The Aussie Open often has such late matches, but the players don't have to play the next day there. Daft tournament Madrid imo. Trust Tiriac.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 42840
Date:

indiana wrote:

Meantime in further TB action :

Monfils vs Granollers : 6-7(6) 7-6(7) 0-0*


Granollers wins by 7-6(6) 6-7(7) 6-4 in three hours 20 minutes!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

I'm taking it that Granollers vs Murray or Kohlschreiber will not be first up tomorrow!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

And with Spain rather strangely thinking that it's in 'Central Europe it's now 11.25 pm for the locals!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 42840
Date:

indiana wrote:

I'm taking it that Granollers vs Murray or Kohlschreiber will not be first up tomorrow!


Nah.  Fourth & final match on Arantxa Sánchez Vicario, though it's unclear when the first of those four, Dimi vs Stan the Man, is scheduled to kick off! disbelief   



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 42840
Date:

indiana wrote:

Kuznetsova vs Stosur first.


And that match had now gone to a decider after 1½ hours!  rolleyes.gif



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6518
Date:

I can't believe that they can start a match at what might be towards midnight local time.



__________________


Admin:Moderator + Tennis Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12091
Date:

It's going to be well after midnight local time. I'm going to have to go to bed now, I'll take my tablet up, but I'll never stay awake for the whole match.

If Andy wins and thereby covers the points he is defending, he should pull a sickie and prepare for Rome. If he loses he can go and prepare for Rome anyway.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

I realise that only their clocks seriously think that they're Central European and they tend to do most things late such as eating, playing football etc.

But this has become rather silly even on our time.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

Ha, Kuznetsova broke to go *6-5 up and then *30-0 up.

After a further 12 points, 4 deuces, 2 MPs and after a successful 3rd BP they enter a final set TB ...

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:

This whole situation is ludicrous. I know they will say that those who have paid for their evening session tickets have to see the matches, but realistically, if Andy's match lasts 3 hours, how many people will still be there at 4am anyway.

Surely they should have moved one of the two evening matches to Court 2 and played them simultaneously.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 42840
Date:

"Kuz" has finally seen off Sam S ( cry ) by 5-7 6-2 7-6(5) in a fraction over 2.75 hours... Over to you, Andy, at just after 01.00 local time!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 42840
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

This whole situation is ludicrous. I know they will say that those who have paid for their evening session tickets have to see the matches, but realistically, if Andy's match lasts 3 hours, how many people will still be there at 4am anyway.

Surely they should have moved one of the two evening matches to Court 2 and played them simultaneously.


If by that you mean Arantxa Sánchez Vicario Court, Bob, problem is, Kei Nishikori (6) is still playing David Goffin there & they're not long into a decider... disbelief  Completely mad!  Only in Spain...



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 36726
Date:

I think that it's very decent to delay Andy's first Madrid match until Thursday after his Monday finish in Munich

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17528
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

This whole situation is ludicrous. I know they will say that those who have paid for their evening session tickets have to see the matches, but realistically, if Andy's match lasts 3 hours, how many people will still be there at 4am anyway.

Surely they should have moved one of the two evening matches to Court 2 and played them simultaneously.


If by that you mean Arantxa Sánchez Vicario Court, Bob, problem is, Kei Nishikori (6) is still playing David Goffin there & they're not long into a decider... disbelief  Completely mad!  Only in Spain...


Wow. Didn't see that.  Haven't been following the scores this evening as I have been too busy.  I see the winner of Goffin and Nishikori plays tomorrow as well.

So perhaps another solution (given their recent H2H on clay) would be for Andy and Kohli to skip most of the match and just go straight into a 3rd set breaker.



-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Wednesday 6th of May 2015 11:19:55 PM

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 48  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard