Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Andy Murray


Masters Series Champion

Status: Online
Posts: 3769
Date:
RE: Andy Murray


David Law

@DavidLawTennis

Murray has also now added ATP 500 Beijing to his schedule, 30 September - 6 October. So he is playing:
This week (Aug 11-18) in Cincinnati - singles and doubles
Sep 23-30 - Zhuhai
Sep 30 - 6 Oct - Beijing
No word on US Open yet. Obviously a different physical requirement.




__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 15413
Date:

Andy will NOT pay the US Open singles according to Ben Rothenburg on Twitter. I think at this stage, this is a sensible decision.

__________________


Masters Series Champion

Status: Online
Posts: 3769
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Andy will NOT pay the US Open singles according to Ben Rothenburg on Twitter. I think at this stage, this is a sensible decision.


 But will play doubles and mixed. 

& I agree, it's a good call but his hand seems to have been forced a bit as the WC's are announced today for the USO.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 15413
Date:

flamingowings wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Andy will NOT pay the US Open singles according to Ben Rothenburg on Twitter. I think at this stage, this is a sensible decision.


 But will play doubles and mixed. 

& I agree, it's a good call but his hand seems to have been forced a bit as the WC's are announced today for the USO.


Saw your post in the other thread AFTER I had posted this wink



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 35084
Date:

Typical Andy honesty in an interview with the Beeb.  smile  Contains a few more hints on his programme after the USO.



__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 608
Date:

He played so many floaty, high, almost moon balls last night. I've never seen him do that before. A strange strategy, potentially trying to give himself more time to get back into position, at the risk of allowing Gasquet more attacking shots. But, to be honest, just really glad to have him back on a singles court.

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date:

If Andy starts playing singles again, how high up do you guys think he go in the rankings? I am really in doubt, while my heart says he can go back in top 4, my brain doubts he will reach higher than around number 20. What do you think?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 35084
Date:

He's apparently having second thoughts about his decision to forgo the chance of a WC into the main draw at the USO & thinks that perhaps going through qualies might have been a better bet because they're best of three matches & they're what he needs, but it's now too late.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 31420
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

He's apparently having second thoughts about his decision to forgo the chance of a WC into the main draw at the USO & thinks that perhaps going through qualies might have been a better bet because they're best of three matches & they're what he needs, but it's now too late.


Ha, Andy's thinking often changes day to day and, tending at times to be emotional and/or say what he feels at any given time, we often get kept in the loop. Interesting ...

I guess this is an "if any Q WC should happen to drop out ..."



__________________


All-time great

Status: Online
Posts: 6103
Date:

I see cam is with andy in zhuhai and kyle and dan will both be in Chengdu.

As an aside, does anyone know when the davis cup final teams are announced, presumably mid October timeframe?

__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

Just good to see him playing again smile



__________________


Masters Series Champion

Status: Online
Posts: 3769
Date:

Russell Fuller @russellcfuller
Andy Murray tells @BBCSpor that after this week, doubles is done for the time being.
He will play singles in Winston-Salem next week, and then skip doubles at the US Open.
1:09 am · 16 Aug 2019 from Mason, OH·Twitter for iPad

He may train during the US Open, or - depending on how next week in Winston-Salem goes - play on the Challenger Tour. Theres an event with a strong field in New Haven during week two of the US Open.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Online
Posts: 6103
Date:

flamingowings wrote:

Russell Fuller @russellcfuller
Andy Murray tells @BBCSpor that after this week, doubles is done for the time being.
He will play singles in Winston-Salem next week, and then skip doubles at the US Open.
1:09 am · 16 Aug 2019 from Mason, OH·Twitter for iPad

He may train during the US Open, or - depending on how next week in Winston-Salem goes - play on the Challenger Tour. Theres an event with a strong field in New Haven during week two of the US Open.


 That's interesting , and shows hes fully focused on singles now. 

Is he travelling in usa with wife and family or on his own? If I played tennis, I'd find that family upheaval the hardest I think



__________________


All-time great

Status: Online
Posts: 6103
Date:

I see andy talks to Russell fuller about playing 3 or 4 European indoor events. If he skips Shanghai masters then there are 4 weeks left including that same week, when he could play a challenger in france. But after Shanghai there are only 3 weeks of indoor events up to and including paris, on the main tour at least. It would be a big ask to play 3 weeks in asia and then 3 pr 4 straight in europe. So suspect he will either miss shanghai or skip a week of europe and play vienna_basle, paris and then maybe a challenger such as Bratislava.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 35084
Date:

flamingowings wrote:

Russell Fuller @russellcfuller
Andy Murray tells @BBCSpor that after this week, doubles is done for the time being.
He will play singles in Winston-Salem next week, and then skip doubles at the US Open.
1:09 am · 16 Aug 2019 from Mason, OH·Twitter for iPad

He may train during the US Open, or - depending on how next week in Winston-Salem goes - play on the Challenger Tour. Theres an event with a strong field in New Haven during week two of the US Open.


Full story here.  He's apprently taken the last wild card for Winston-Salem next week.



__________________
«First  <  127 28 29 30 3135  >  Last»  | Page of 35  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard