Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: How many main draw wins will British players get at the US Open 2023?
How many wins will Britain get at US Open 2023? [24 vote(s)]

11 or less
8.3%
12
0.0%
13
12.5%
14
8.3%
15
8.3%
16
0.0%
17
8.3%
18
12.5%
19
8.3%
20
12.5%
21
4.2%
22
8.3%
23
4.2%
24
4.2%
25
0.0%
26
0.0%
27
0.0%
28
0.0%
29
0.0%
30 or more
0.0%


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:
How many main draw wins will British players get at the US Open 2023?


So, here we are again, and this is with thoughts of Miriam who has gone missing from the board for 3 weeks now. 

US Open, British wins - you know the format now - all wins count in the main 5 events - doubles wins count as 1 if it is a whole pair or 1 player in the pair. Retirement wins count but walkovers dont. 

And that really is it. Pick your number in the poll by midnight Sunday 27th August! 

Recap on recent slams:

US Open 2022 - 26 wins (JonH comes home won the predicition game)

AO 2023 - 20 wins (CD and Indy won the prediction game)

FO 2023 - 15 wins (Miriam abc and JonH comes home won the predictions)

Wimbledon 2023 - 30 wins (Miriam abc won the predicitions)

 

 PLEASE SAY HOW MANY YOU VOTE FOR SO THAT WE CAN TRACK WHO WINS!! 

 



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Friday 18th of August 2023 04:20:26 PM



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Saturday 19th of August 2023 10:05:18 PM



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Saturday 26th of August 2023 08:36:58 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:
(With thoughts of Miriam abc) How many main draw wins will British players get at the US Open 2023?


I have decided to go early, as always, and have gone for 13 wins this time. Obviously no draws are out but my logic is:

Mens singles - 4 wins
Womens singles - 0-1 win
Mens doubles - 5-6 wins
Womens doubles - 0 wins
Mixed doubles - 3 wins

Gives me 12-14 wins as a range and 13 as my number - and looking back at those, I feel as if I have been a little too optimistic. Is it me, or does Wimbledon feel a long time ago??!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:

Someone has voted for 19, would they mind saying who they are, please, so we can track the winner? And anyone else voting, please say what you vote - please!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19092
Date:

I have gone 11 or less. Andy injured, Cam off form. Men's doubles will be the main contributor as always but not much else.

At least this way, I can be happy to be wrong, regardless.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

I have gone 11 or less. Andy injured, Cam off form. Men's doubles will be the main contributor as always but not much else.

At least this way, I can be happy to be wrong, regardless.


 Haha, yes! Your synopsis is pretty close to mine I think ! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 39681
Date:

A cheery start to the voting 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:

I know - hopefully we will be wrong though !

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 39681
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

I know - hopefully we will be wrong though !


 Hope so, as also my prediction is going to be quite a lot higher than you and Bob. As usual though I'll wait to see the initial draws before narrowing it down.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

I know - hopefully we will be wrong though !


 Hope so, as also my prediction is going to be quite a lot higher than you and Bob. As usual though I'll wait to see the initial draws before narrowing it down.


 Oh good - youve got positive vibes then?! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 39681
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

I know - hopefully we will be wrong though !


 Hope so, as also my prediction is going to be quite a lot higher than you and Bob. As usual though I'll wait to see the initial draws before narrowing it down.


 Oh good - youve got positive vibes then?! 


 More particularly men's snd mixed doubles.



__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 194
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Someone has voted for 19, would they mind saying who they are, please, so we can track the winner? And anyone else voting, please say what you vote - please!


 Me



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

I know - hopefully we will be wrong though !


 Hope so, as also my prediction is going to be quite a lot higher than you and Bob. As usual though I'll wait to see the initial draws before narrowing it down.


 Oh good - youve got positive vibes then?! 


 More particularly men's snd mixed doubles.


 Hope so! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:

Brendan F wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Someone has voted for 19, would they mind saying who they are, please, so we can track the winner? And anyone else voting, please say what you vote - please!


 Me


 Thank you , Brendan! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37252
Date:

And who was the 20 votes as well please?

__________________


Club Coach

Status: Online
Posts: 570
Date:

Voted for 15. I don't think we will have many mixed entries, maybe just Neal. I don't think we will have any title winners (but will happily eat my words!)

__________________

She/her

1 2 311  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard