Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 33 - ITF W25 - Aldershot, Great Britain Hard


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 17911
Date:
Week 33 - ITF W25 - Aldershot, Great Britain Hard


SF: DUNNE, Katy (GBR) 373 lost to EALA, Alexandra (PHI) (3) 248 6-1 6-7(4) 3-6

__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1321
Date:

Unlucky, but she made it through a 3-setter, which counts as a positive.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 17911
Date:

Katy had several chances, eg 0-40 on her opponents service but Alexandra just kept coming back at her. One would be dominant for a few games then the other. It could have gone either way. The wind was causing a few problems, particularly with Katy's ball toss.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 21117
Date:

Peter too wrote:

Katy won the 1st set 6-1 and there was then an MTO as the players left the court. Katy then went 0-3 (2 breaks) down and won 5 in a row. Now serving for the match.


 There was also a MTO at 0-3* in the second set. Unfortunately I had to go out at 5-3 cry



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2085
Date:

Shame but its been another good week for Katy, hopefully her body is holding up ok.

__________________

 



Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 17911
Date:

Early in the match Katy seemed dominant but towards the end her opponent was standing inside the base line to receive service so I suspect there was some sort of problem.

__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1321
Date:

Peter too wrote:

Early in the match Katy seemed dominant but towards the end her opponent was standing inside the base line to receive service so I suspect there was some sort of problem.


 I only watched a game or two in the first set and Eala was well inside the baseline on Katy's second already at that point, to be fair. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 17911
Date:

jb288 wrote:
Peter too wrote:

Early in the match Katy seemed dominant but towards the end her opponent was standing inside the base line to receive service so I suspect there was some sort of problem.


 I only watched a game or two in the first set and Eala was well inside the baseline on Katy's second already at that point, to be fair. 


Yes, but towards the end she was standing well inside the baseline to receive Katy's first serve.

 



__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2110
Date:

Peter too wrote:

jb288 wrote:
Peter too wrote:

Early in the match Katy seemed dominant but towards the end her opponent was standing inside the base line to receive service so I suspect there was some sort of problem.


 I only watched a game or two in the first set and Eala was well inside the baseline on Katy's second already at that point, to be fair. 


Yes, but towards the end she was standing well inside the baseline to receive Katy's first serve.

 




I think it was a strategy to draw a fault. Eala stood inside the baseline to receive the 1st serve occasionally at various points during the 2nd and 3rd sets. I noticed it a few times at 30-30 and deuce. At the end, it certainly wasn't every point.

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2085
Date:

Katys instagram reel suggests shes understandably disappointed from losing one set up, but doesnt point to anything injury related which is potentially encouraging on that front at least?

__________________

 



Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4586
Date:

Destinee Aiava who won both doubles and singles here over 2 weeks ago is having a hard time it seems. Apparently not been paid yet for winning and struggling financially despite both title wins here and another doubles title in last month or so. Sad to see the struggle for some of the these young women that dont have the luxury and privilege of others. She has in overdraft and cant afford to play next year she says despite being in the top 250 in singles and winning doubles. Hope someone reaches out to her to help. Also talks about being on medication and not having access to it, very worrying that as well.

Its a funny world tennis, we have players getting beat every week in qualifying comfortably who never are going to make it yet get to enjoy a hobby backpacking around because mummy and daddy can afford to bankroll them, then the other side the grafters, blood, sweat and tears who put everything on the line mental health wise, financially and emotionally with little help. Basically means a lot of talented players dont make it and the system is clogged up with jobbers. Emily Appletons mums blogs and the Broadys over the years have highlighted the inequality. Even Liam being happy to win 80k to presumably pay his bills and expenses at Wimbledon shows you how tough it is.

__________________
«First  <  14 5 6 | Page of 6  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard