Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Entry Week 25 - 19/06/2023


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9090
Date:
Entry Week 25 - 19/06/2023


ATP

Queens 500 (Grass) - Norrie, Evans, Murray 

 

CHALLENGERS

Ilkley 125 (Grass) - (Broady)

 

FUTURES

Israel $25K (Hard) - (Hudd, Benaim)

USA $25K (Hard) - McHugh (Pinnington-Jones, Summers, Dhokia)

USA $15K (Hard) - Little, Goodger (Jones, Davis, Revelli, Tyler, Maxted)

Dominican Rep $15K (Hard) - Baker (Allen, Hale)

Tunisia $15K (Hard) - (Stewart, Koenig, Moore, Sanghera, Philibert, Scott, Lumsden)

  ....................................................................................................................................

 

WTA                              

Birmingham 250 (Grass) -   

Italy $125K (Grass) - Swan

                       

FUTURES                          

Ilkley $100K (Grass) - Burrage, Dart (Miyazaki, Kartal)

USA $25K (Hard) - (William)

Spain $25K+H (Hard) - (Lindh)

Tunisia $15K (Hard) - Paskauskas

 



-- Edited by seagull on Wednesday 7th of June 2023 11:12:33 AM

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2132
Date:

What's interesting about the Ilkley entry list is that the Katie's have already withdrawn. Boulter today and Swan last week. That suggests they have already been told they have a WC of some description to Birmingham. I'm a bit surprised Jodie has entered Ilkley, as being the defacto GB #1 with Emma absent I'd thought she'd get WCs to all the WTA events.

__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 100
Date:

Jodie is defending finalist points at Ilkey and possibly thinks its more likely for her to get points here than Birmingham. She did say to us last year when I was at Ilkley that she would like to do one better this year!

__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1220
Date:

Heres a fun one.
Andy showing as partnering Cam in Queens Dubs!

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2132
Date:

Lambda wrote:

What's interesting about the Ilkley entry list is that the Katie's have already withdrawn. Boulter today and Swan last week. That suggests they have already been told they have a WC of some description to Birmingham. I'm a bit surprised Jodie has entered Ilkley, as being the defacto GB #1 with Emma absent I'd thought she'd get WCs to all the WTA events.




Katie Swan is actually on the entry list for the 125k in Italy. Interesting strategy to play away from the British limelight, which she also did last year playing Bad Homburg.

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9090
Date:

Updated with withdrawals

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 13677
Date:

Ilkley men
No one

Ilkley women
Dart/Mladenovic
Bains/Lumsden
Gadecki/Silva - 2nd alts
Kempen/Webley-Smith - 5th alts



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17226
Date:

Ilkley women is quite loaded - no surprise, unlike Surbiton.
The GB ladies will have to rely on wildcards to make the main draw and some may take up the option of Birmingham qualifying wildcards.

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2132
Date:

paulisi wrote:

Ilkley women is quite loaded - no surprise, unlike Surbiton.

The GB ladies will have to rely on wildcards to make the main draw and some may take up the option of Birmingham qualifying wildcards.




I don't agree Ilkley main draw is no stronger or weaker than Surbiton and is nowhere near as strong than it used to be.


__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2132
Date:

As a reminder Isabelle Lacy has a main draw wildcard and Hannah Klugman has a qualifying wildcard for Ilkley as prizes from the 18&U Junior Nationals, should they choose to take them.

Hannah hasn't entered and it remains to be seen whether she takes hers. She only has 2 WCs remaining for the next 8 months and may choose to save them.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17226
Date:

Lambda wrote:
paulisi wrote:

Ilkley women is quite loaded - no surprise, unlike Surbiton.

The GB ladies will have to rely on wildcards to make the main draw and some may take up the option of Birmingham qualifying wildcards.



 


I don't agree Ilkley main draw is no stronger or weaker than Surbiton and is nowhere near as strong than it used to be.


 Main draw is a similar standard, qualifying at Ilkley is loaded compared to Surbiton



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1722
Date:

Does anyone have any idea who might be getting wild cards for Birmingham. I'm assuming main draw and Q WCs will be given out and surely qualifying will start tomorrow?



-- Edited by SuperT on Friday 16th of June 2023 12:52:23 PM



-- Edited by SuperT on Friday 16th of June 2023 12:52:49 PM

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2132
Date:

SuperT wrote:

Does anyone have any idea who might be getting wild cards for Birmingham. I'm assuming main draw and Q WCs will be given out and surely qualifying will start tomorrow?



I'm assuming it's Boulter and Hev with the main draw WCs as they're not in the Ilkley entry list. They'll probably be announced after 4 tonight when q sign in closes

__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1722
Date:

Lambda wrote:
SuperT wrote:

 

Does anyone have any idea who might be getting wild cards for Birmingham. I'm assuming main draw and Q WCs will be given out and surely qualifying will start tomorrow?


 


I'm assuming it's Boulter and Hev with the main draw WCs as they're not in the Ilkley entry list. They'll probably be announced after 4 tonight when q sign in closes


 But what about Katie Swan?



__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Online
Posts: 2132
Date:

SuperT wrote:

Lambda wrote:
SuperT wrote:

 

Does anyone have any idea who might be getting wild cards for Birmingham. I'm assuming main draw and Q WCs will be given out and surely qualifying will start tomorrow?


 


I'm assuming it's Boulter and Hev with the main draw WCs as they're not in the Ilkley entry list. They'll probably be announced after 4 tonight when q sign in closes


 But what about Katie Swan?




She's entered in Italy

__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard