Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Weeks 10 & 11 - ATP Masters 1000 - BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells, CA, USA - doubles


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 54831
Date:
Weeks 10 & 11 - ATP Masters 1000 - BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells, CA, USA - doubles


Sufficient Brit interest to warrant a separate thread, I think:

L32:  (1) Wesley Koolhof (NED) & Neal Skupski CR 2 (1+1) vs Marcelo Melo & Alexander Zverev (BRA/GER) CR 187 (39+148)

L32:  Taylor Fritz & Tommy Paul (USA/USA) CR 290 (170+120) vs Daniel Evans & John Peers (AUS) CR 124 (78+46)
L32:  Jamie Murray & Michael Venus (NZL) CR 55 (38+17) vs (6) Marcel Granollers & Horacio Zeballos (ESP/ARG) CR 29 (16+13)

L32: Matwé Middelkoop & Botic van de Zandschulp (NED/NED) CR 155 (21+134) vs (5) Lloyd Glasspool & Harri Heliövaara (FIN) CR 23 (12+11)

L32:  (7) Hugo Nys & Jan Zielinski (MON/POL) CR 33 (19+14) vs Lucas Miedler (AUT) & Cameron Norrie CR 214 (43+171)

L32:  Grigor Dimitrov & Hubert Hurkacz (BUL/POL) CR 229 (196+33) vs (2) Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury CR 7 (3+4)

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38604
Date:

i think Neal, Lloyd and Dan will win their matches here - fear for Joe this time in the opener, and dont fancy Cam or Jamie this time out

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38604
Date:

Evo, Cam, Neal and Joe all in action this evening our time.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 54831
Date:

L32:  Lucas Miedler (AUT) & Cameron Norrie CR 214 (43+171) defeated (7) Hugo Nys & Jan Zielinski (MON/POL) CR 33 (19+14) by 3-6 6-3 [10-6]  biggrin

Cam getting his eye in!  smile



__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1140
Date:

That is a terrific result.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38604
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

L32:  Lucas Miedler (AUT) & Cameron Norrie CR 214 (43+171) defeated (7) Hugo Nys & Jan Zielinski (MON/POL) CR 33 (19+14) by 3-6 6-3 [10-6]  biggrin

Cam getting his eye in!  smile


 Im so pleased I get so many of those predictions wrong ! Hahaha



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 54831
Date:

L32:  (1) Wesley Koolhof (NED) & Neal Skupski CR 2 (1+1) defeated Marcelo Melo & Alexander Zverev (BRA/GER) CR 187 (39+148) by 3 & 1



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38604
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

L32:  (1) Wesley Koolhof (NED) & Neal Skupski CR 2 (1+1) defeated Marcelo Melo & Alexander Zverev (BRA/GER) CR 187 (39+148) by 3 & 1


 Nice - Joe up next; Evo in the early hours. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 54831
Date:

L32:  Grigor Dimitrov & Hubert Hurkacz (BUL/POL) CR 229 (196+33) defeated (2) Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury CR 7 (3+4) by 7-6(2) 6-4  bleh

Cancels out Cam's & Miedler's win, I guess...  cry



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38604
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

L32:  Grigor Dimitrov & Hubert Hurkacz (BUL/POL) CR 229 (196+33) defeated (2) Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury CR 7 (3+4) by 7-6(2) 6-4  bleh

Cancels out Cam's & Miedler's win, I guess...  cry


 feared that - Joe and Rajeev having a poor time of it currently. And two top quality opponents.  



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 54831
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L32:  Grigor Dimitrov & Hubert Hurkacz (BUL/POL) CR 229 (196+33) defeated (2) Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury CR 7 (3+4) by 7-6(2) 6-4  bleh

Cancels out Cam's & Miedler's win, I guess...  cry


 feared that - Joe and Rajeev having a poor time of it currently. And two top quality opponents.  


Who are not exactly doubles specialists... 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38604
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L32:  Grigor Dimitrov & Hubert Hurkacz (BUL/POL) CR 229 (196+33) defeated (2) Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury CR 7 (3+4) by 7-6(2) 6-4  bleh

Cancels out Cam's & Miedler's win, I guess...  cry


 feared that - Joe and Rajeev having a poor time of it currently. And two top quality opponents.  


Who are not exactly doubles specialists... 


  but its back to that argument - would you take two top quality singles players who have been top 10 at times over two top doubles players? Not sure but two out of form doubles players? 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39944
Date:

Yes, that old argument is very clouded by such an out of form top doubles pair.

Pity. Are there still injury issues with either or both Joe and Rajeev?

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4586
Date:

The two better tennis players won. Novak, Andy, Roger or Rafa play doubles they win more Slams. The only reason this argument fails is simply because you would think the full time doubles players shade it not on ability but on understanding and practice together. The margins are so slim as to who wins in doubles that this helps. But not always the case hence why the two better tennis players wins.

Simple

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38604
Date:

Evo and Peers won comfortably over Fritz and Paul in straight sets

__________________
1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard