Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 10 - ITF W15 - Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Hard
DF


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 10813
Date:
Week 10 - ITF W15 - Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt Hard


Emilie serving for the match at 5-4 in the third set

__________________
DF


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 10813
Date:

DF wrote:

Emilie serving for the match at 5-4 in the third set


 She did it!!

Wins 4-6 6-1 6-4

into the final smile



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52406
Date:

I've been following that livescore, too, DF

And - brilliant - do LOVE it when our player takes the match on the very first match point - none of this nail-biting stuff...

Great result, Emilie

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17141
Date:

Has she ever won an ITF singles event before?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20149
Date:

paulisi wrote:

Has she ever won an ITF singles event before?


 Just one - W15 in Cancun in 2019. Three W15 doubles titles as well



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4585
Date:

5 years slugging it out in weak 15k tournaments. Does anybody know her background or story? Im assuming there is no grand plan to progress further than this. Does she coach or have a family to supplement her hobby?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 17826
Date:

SF: LINDH, Emilie (GBR) (5) 605/1284 def LATCENKO, Polina ( ) (4) 616/393 4-6 6-1 6-4

F: LINDH, Emilie (GBR) (5) 605/1284 (CH=555/35 2022) v KUZMOVA, Katarina (SVK) (2) 593/382 (CH=592/235 2023)

If she wins this, she will certainly have earned it, having played the 1st, 2nd, and 4th seeds.

__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 719
Date:

Good luck Emilie. Great to see her progressing.

__________________

Rich2310



Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 35629
Date:

Is Emilie Lindh Gallagher correct out of interest or is it just Lindh? I see both written ? Not that it matters , just interested. Peter used just Lindh above but the live rankings results page is using the Gallagher on the end either way , good week for her!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20149
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Is Emilie Lindh Gallagher correct out of interest or is it just Lindh? I see both written ? Not that it matters , just interested. Peter used just Lindh above but the live rankings results page is using the Gallagher on the end either way , good week for her!


 I've always thought that she didn't use the Gallagher as it isn't on her ITF profile page or the draw. But I see that the ITF live scores do use it as do other websites.



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1776
Date:

Her name is Lindh Gallagher and she used this when she first entered ITFs but she changed her ITF registration to just Lindh a few years back. Sportradar hasn't changed name and still go with her full name that she originally registered with, and this is what feeds most of the live sites.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 35629
Date:

Ok. So she prefers Lindh for tennis purposes? So Ill call her that then! Presumably double barrelled name is from parents ? S

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 477
Date:

Jaggy1876 wrote:

5 years slugging it out in weak 15k tournaments. Does anybody know her background or story? Im assuming there is no grand plan to progress further than this. Does she coach or have a family to supplement her hobby?


 Why should Emilie's tennis be deemed a 'hobby'? Strangely Scottish players are never pursuing a hobby when they play!



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4585
Date:

telstar wrote:
Jaggy1876 wrote:

5 years slugging it out in weak 15k tournaments. Does anybody know her background or story? Im assuming there is no grand plan to progress further than this. Does she coach or have a family to supplement her hobby?


 Why should Emilie's tennis be deemed a 'hobby'? Strangely Scottish players are never pursuing a hobby when they play!


 Whats your point here exactly? Dont think you have one really. Can only think of Maia Lumsden who has been ranked 250 and Anna Brogan pushing top 350 that have made any inroads. So Im sure there are some that have it as a hobby. 

There are certainly plenty of backpackers, students and youngsters that play for fun in the qualies. No idea their backgrounds or  what home nation they represent so maybe you can fill me it? 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52406
Date:

I think what he/she's saying, Jaggy, is that Emilie isn't any different from Anna, who you are fond of - both are women in their early 20s, having a go, both within a stone's throw of each other in real terms.
And yet you don't tag Anna as being a hobby player
There's a point there
Neither Anna nor Emilie are living off their tennis - both must either rely on family or are doing odd jobs (tennis coaching, bar work, as Lucy Brown used to, whatever) to try and make ends meet. As with many others.....


__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard