Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: March 2023 Player of the Month Nominations


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:
March 2023 Player of the Month Nominations


Remember anyone can add at anytime , cut off will be April 2.

Just take the list above, copy it, paste it into a new post and add your nominee at the bottom.

__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 699
Date:

It makes it interesting to see new faces mentioned. It doesn't need to be a top player winning each month. Just my opinion.

__________________

Rich2310



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

Rich2310 wrote:

It makes it interesting to see new faces mentioned. It doesn't need to be a top player winning each month. Just my opinion.


 Totally agree - and to be fair if you look at the previous winners listed in this thread about third or fourth post from

the bottom, we do have a reasonably eclectic range ! 

https://britishtennis.activeboard.com/t69060023/2023-player-of-the-month-and-season-overview-thread/



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

2 weeks of 5 down, our list is still a small but interestingly fresh looking 3:

1. Georgina Hays - aged 16 - for beating WTA 537 Xinxin Yao in ITF France 25k, QR1

2. Annabel Hristova - aged 14 - she won the singles AND the doubles in the J60 in Norway. Her first event at this level. Only her 7th ITF tournament ever.

3. Tamara Kuti - aged 15 - winning the doubles in Senegal J60.


 Just boosting this. At the very top level, Cam plus in doubles Neal, Jamie and Lloyd are still in QF stage of Indian Wells. Emma and Jack are out but after very positive events for both. 

tomorrow is half way in the nominations period which ends april 2. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

Decided to go for it - I think some of our IW performances deserve the recognition and I am also conscious some are still in and may also get onto the list

1. Georgina Hays - aged 16 - for beating WTA 537 Xinxin Yao in ITF France 25k, QR1

2. Annabel Hristova - aged 14 - she won the singles AND the doubles in the J60 in Norway. Her first event at this level. Only her 7th ITF tournament ever.

3. Tamara Kuti - aged 15 - winning the doubles in Senegal J60.

4. Jack Draper - returned from injury to reach the last 16 and beat Dan Evans and then Andy Murray in the process, both in straight sets. A new kid on the block?

5. Emma Raducanu - beat Linette and Haddad Maia, two circa top 20 players, in a run to the last 16, winning 3 matches in one event of this level for only the first time since her US Open triumph in 21.



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Wednesday 15th of March 2023 12:51:12 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39193
Date:

Good stuff.

One thing re Emma though. She did reach the SF of the WTA Seoul 250 in September, winning 3 matches including beating Linette in the QF.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

indiana wrote:

Good stuff.

One thing re Emma though. She did reach the SF of the WTA Seoul 250 in September, winning 3 matches including beating Linette in the QF.


 Subtly updated! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Decided to go for it - I think some of our IW performances deserve the recognition and I am also conscious some are still in and may also get onto the list

1. Georgina Hays - aged 16 - for beating WTA 537 Xinxin Yao in ITF France 25k, QR1

2. Annabel Hristova - aged 14 - she won the singles AND the doubles in the J60 in Norway. Her first event at this level. Only her 7th ITF tournament ever.

3. Tamara Kuti - aged 15 - winning the doubles in Senegal J60.

4. Jack Draper - returned from injury to reach the last 16 and beat Dan Evans and then Andy Murray in the process, both in straight sets. A new kid on the block?

5. Emma Raducanu - beat Linette and Haddad Maia, two circa top 20 players, in a run to the last 16, winning 3 matches in one event of this level for only the first time since her US Open triumph in 21.



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Wednesday 15th of March 2023 12:51:12 PM


 Just bouncing - 2 weeks left now. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:


I have decided I reckon a couple need adding that I would be sad not to see at least up for consideration:

1. Georgina Hays - aged 16 - for beating WTA 537 Xinxin Yao in ITF France 25k, QR1

2. Annabel Hristova - aged 14 - she won the singles AND the doubles in the J60 in Norway. Her first event at this level. Only her 7th ITF tournament ever.

3. Tamara Kuti - aged 15 - winning the doubles in Senegal J60.

4. Jack Draper - returned from injury to reach the last 16 and beat Dan Evans and then Andy Murray in the process, both in straight sets. A new kid on the block?

5. Emma Raducanu - beat Linette and Haddad Maia, two circa top 20 players, in a run to the last 16, winning 3 matches in one event of this level for only the first time since her US Open triumph in 21.

6. Oliver Bonding - reached the final of the J300 Indian Wells, seeded 5th, and will enter the JR Top 50 as a 2007 born player

7. Gordon Reid - after a season dogged by injury, Gordon reached the semis of the Super Series Cajun Classic, beating two seeded players in doing so. He re-enters the singles top 10 at WR9; also won the Cajun Classic and Georgia Open doubles in partnership with Alfie Hewett and goes back to WR 2 in doubles after falling to 6   






-- Edited by JonH comes home on Monday 20th of March 2023 05:03:21 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

Apologies all as over half the list is now ones I nominated, but I feel they all do stack up well against the field and hope that more come in over the next couple of weeks from others!

__________________


ATP level

Status: Offline
Posts: 3162
Date:

For the last year it's felt really easy to nominate someone but the bar went up and now, with players not progressing far in tournaments, it's become really difficult. No one appears to be reaching the heady heights of the period between Emma's US Open triumph and November 22 apart from Jack and a couple of juniors.



-- Edited by emmsie69 on Wednesday 22nd of March 2023 07:16:04 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

emmsie69 wrote:

For the last year it's felt really easy to nominate someone but the bar went up and now, with players not progressing far in tournaments, it's become really difficult. No one appears to be reaching the heady heights of the period between Emma's US Open triumph and November 22 apart from Jack and a couple of juniors.



-- Edited by emmsie69 on Wednesday 22nd of March 2023 07:16:04 AM


 Very definitely agree with this, Id reflected something similar in my mind on the train yesterday. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

Business end of week 4 of 5. 7 nominated so far - as publicised elsewhere, quieter month generally this month but an eclectic and interesting list so far. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34626
Date:

Not on the list yet but Billy, Liam and Harry might make it much more interesting if they get on the list

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18999
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Not on the list yet but Billy, Liam and Harry might make it much more interesting if they get on the list


If the rest of the week goes well, I might nominate all 3.



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard