Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 8 - ATP 250 - ExxonMobil Open - Doha, Qatar (hard)


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1720
Date:
Week 8 - ATP 250 - ExxonMobil Open - Doha, Qatar (hard)


Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54587
Date:

SuperT wrote:

Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.


Well, he's still in the draw at the moment & plays "Hubi" (5).  hmm 



__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1137
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
SuperT wrote:

Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.


Well, he's still in the draw at the moment & plays "Hubi" (5).  hmm 


 Hubi playing SF in Marseille today too. If he wins that there's gotta be some doubt as to whether he would turn up either



-- Edited by RainDelay on Saturday 25th of February 2023 12:01:52 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54587
Date:

Stu Fraser's report in today's Times.  Includes a brief reference to Cam's win over Dellien.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39907
Date:

RainDelay wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
SuperT wrote:

Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.


Well, he's still in the draw at the moment & plays "Hubi" (5).  hmm 


 Hubi playing SF in Marseille today too. If he wins that there's gotta be some doubt as to whether he would turn up either


-- Edited by RainDelay on Saturday 25th of February 2023 12:01:52 PM


 They will start fairly late in the first week of Indian Wells and then most of the schedule is every two days.  I think it's more about simply being confident to deal with Dubai.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38359
Date:

If Andy is going to win this one, looks like it will be the hard way again!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54587
Date:

Sadly, not to be:

Final:  (3) Daniil Medvedev (***) WR 8 defeated (WC) Andy Murray WR 70 by 4 & 4



__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 681
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

If Andy is going to win this one, looks like it will be the hard way again!


 This was one comeback too far I guess but well done Andy all the same.



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4586
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

Sadly, not to be:

Final:  (3) Daniil Medvedev (***) WR 8 defeated (WC) Andy Murray WR 70 by 4 & 4


 Exactly the score I thought it would be. Very frustrating from Andy he missed a few chances and Medvedev showed his class with some fantastic clutch points. Key stage obviously for 4-4 second set 40-0 for Andy. 

Curious to see if he does play Dubai now though. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38359
Date:

Jaggy1876 wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

Sadly, not to be:

Final:  (3) Daniil Medvedev (***) WR 8 defeated (WC) Andy Murray WR 70 by 4 & 4


 Exactly the score I thought it would be. Very frustrating from Andy he missed a few chances and Medvedev showed his class with some fantastic clutch points. Key stage obviously for 4-4 second set 40-0 for Andy. 

Curious to see if he does play Dubai now though. 


 If you bet 4 and 4 Id like the TIU to take a look at this result!



__________________


Challenger level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2412
Date:

Andy did well but ran out of steam. Great effort.

I would be shocked if he played next week

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54587
Date:

RainDelay wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
SuperT wrote:

Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.


Well, he's still in the draw at the moment & plays "Hubi" (5).  hmm 


 Hubi playing SF in Marseille today too. If he wins that there's gotta be some doubt as to whether he would turn up either


Hubi duly reached the final, where he'll play the unseeded Frenchman, Benjamin Bonzi. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38359
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
RainDelay wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
SuperT wrote:

Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.


Well, he's still in the draw at the moment & plays "Hubi" (5).  hmm 


 Hubi playing SF in Marseille today too. If he wins that there's gotta be some doubt as to whether he would turn up either


Hubi duly reached the final, where he'll play the unseeded Frenchman, Benjamin Bonzi. 


 Just being mischievous - does Hubert call himself Hubi? Apropos Wesley / Wes Kirkhof? 

sorry , just thought Id ask?biggrin



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54587
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
RainDelay wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
SuperT wrote:

Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.


Well, he's still in the draw at the moment & plays "Hubi" (5).  hmm 


 Hubi playing SF in Marseille today too. If he wins that there's gotta be some doubt as to whether he would turn up either


Hubi duly reached the final, where he'll play the unseeded Frenchman, Benjamin Bonzi. 


 Just being mischievous - does Hubert call himself Hubi? Apropos Wesley / Wes Kirkhof?


I don't know for certain that he calls himself "Hubi", but it's definitely his nickname.  I distinctly remember John McEnroe using it when he came to prominence at Wimbledon the year before last, so I'm happy to accept it.  I see now from Wesley Koolhof's personal bio on the ATP site that his nickname is in fact "Wes", so I also accept that, but I shan't be using it, as, while it's not at all unusual in the native English-speaking world, it seems very un-Dutch &, frankly, it grates on me.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38359
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
RainDelay wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
SuperT wrote:

Given what a tough week hes had Im wondering if Andy might pull out out of Dubai and go straight to Indian Wells? Otherwise it could be 3 hard weeks on the trot.


Well, he's still in the draw at the moment & plays "Hubi" (5).  hmm 


 Hubi playing SF in Marseille today too. If he wins that there's gotta be some doubt as to whether he would turn up either


Hubi duly reached the final, where he'll play the unseeded Frenchman, Benjamin Bonzi. 


 Just being mischievous - does Hubert call himself Hubi? Apropos Wesley / Wes Kirkhof?


I don't know for certain that he calls himself "Hubi", but it's definitely his nickname.  I distinctly remember John McEnroe using it when he came to prominence at Wimbledon the year before last, so I'm happy to accept it.  I see now from Wesley Koolhof's personal bio on the ATP site that his nickname is in fact "Wes", so I also accept that, but I shan't be using it, as, while it's not at all unusual in the native English-speaking world, it seems very un-Dutch &, frankly, it grates on me.


 Thanks SC, I was being slightly tongue in cheek, but good research and good answer!



__________________
«First  <  110 11 12 13  >  Last»  | Page of 13  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard