Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Weeks 3 & 4 - Australian Open - men's singles (outdoor hard)


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:
Weeks 3 & 4 - Australian Open - men's singles (outdoor hard)


1 being worst!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 46014
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Jimmy09 wrote:

Hardly say hes unlikeable. Hes just not a Rafa or roger. A lot of people say the same about Andy.


But he IS unlikeable!  Not much of a fan of Rafa or The Lodger, either.  no


 I won't say he's 'unlikeable', as others may well like him

But I definitely don't like Djokovic (great respect for him as a tennis player - amazing performance today against Rublev - but I don't like him as a person one jot). 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

This may help you decide

twitter.com/tumcarayol/status/1618211398177423360

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

This may help you decide

twitter.com/tumcarayol/status/1618211398177423360


 These apparently are Serbian fans waving pro Putin and Russia flags. Djokovic signs an autograph for a guy in a Z shirt and also the woman in the military cap. Maybe he didnt know , who knows 



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Wednesday 25th of January 2023 09:16:50 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 46014
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

This may help you decide

twitter.com/tumcarayol/status/1618211398177423360


 Supporters of Rublev? 

#notserious



-- Edited by Coup Droit on Wednesday 25th of January 2023 09:17:54 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

The fact Serbia has a long history of supporting Russia and vice versa doesnt make this any more acceptable

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

This may help you decide

twitter.com/tumcarayol/status/1618211398177423360


 Supporters of Rublev? 

#notserious



-- Edited by Coup Droit on Wednesday 25th of January 2023 09:17:54 PM


 The thread suggests they are Serbians or at least some of them are. Not entirely sure 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 46014
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

The fact Serbia has a long history of supporting Russia and vice versa doesnt make this any more acceptable


 I'm not holding Djoko liable for the actions of other Serbians

But - I repeat - I don't like him or his values  



__________________
Nix


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1193
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

The fact Serbia has a long history of supporting Russia and vice versa doesnt make this any more acceptable


 I'm not holding Djoko liable for the actions of other Serbians

But - I repeat - I don't like him or his values  


 I dont like him either for the same reasons. 

I know some people don't like Andy either but I don't think that's for similar objectively valid reasons. It's more about stuff they've read in the press that's invented 'facts' about him (e.g. he doesn't like English people, when he lives in England, has many English friends, four half English children and he lives here). 



-- Edited by Nix on Thursday 26th of January 2023 06:19:40 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

Nix wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

The fact Serbia has a long history of supporting Russia and vice versa doesnt make this any more acceptable


 I'm not holding Djoko liable for the actions of other Serbians

But - I repeat - I don't like him or his values  


 I dont like him either for the same reasons. 

I know some people don't like Andy either but I don't think that's for similar objectively valid reasons. It's more about stuff they've read in the press that's invented 'facts' about him (e.g. he doesn't like English people, when he lives in England, has many English friends, four half English children and he lives here). 



-- Edited by Nix on Thursday 26th of January 2023 06:19:40 AM


 Agreed. No idea if he knew what was going on but the whole episode was unsavoury. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

The optics get even worse

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/64409618

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

And more

www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jan/26/novak-djokovics-father-seen-posing-with-flagbearing-supporters-of-vladimir-putin-at-australian-open

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

Whether Novak was aware or not , his dad was aware and indeed part of it.

__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 285
Date:

Entirely predictable, shame on the Australian authorities for giving a platform to these types, and to those nations. I felt sure they would back Wimbledon, but they didn't.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 25502
Date:

Tsitsipas takes the first semi in 4 sets. If Djoko wins later , it will be winner takes the world number one spot as well as the title here.

__________________
«First  <  132 33 34 35  >  Last»  | Page of 35  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard