Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Entries Week 27 - 04/07/22


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7866
Date:
Entries Week 27 - 04/07/22


ATP

Wimbledon Week 2 (Grass) -  

 

CHALLENGERS

Porto $80K (Hard) - (McHugh, Broom, Whitehouse) 

Todi $80K (Clay) - (Harris)

 

FUTURES

Germany $25K (Clay) - (Choinski)

France $25K+H (Hard) - Broom (Weightman, Hussey, Little, Jones)

Italy $25K (Clay) - (Wendelken)

USA $15K (Hard) - (Tyler)

USA $15K (Hard) - (Monday, Koenig)

Tunisia $15K (Hard) - (Southcombe, Southcombe, Allen, Blaydes, Scott, Maker, Thomas-Smith)

 ....................................................................................................................................

 

WTA                              

Wimbledon Week 2 (Grass) - Watson

                       

FUTURES                          

Germany $100K (Clay) - (Silva)

Holland $60K (Clay) - (Mutavdzic, Carreras)

Portugal $25K (Hard) - Grey (Lindh)

Spain $25K (Clay) - Bains

USA $15K (Hard) - Gillan

Tunisia $15K (Hard) - (Brooks)

 

 



-- Edited by seagull on Friday 1st of July 2022 02:19:48 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 24416
Date:

Anybody else here miss the old court one

mobile.twitter.com/ycochennec/status/1538442643016925186/photo/1

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37105
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Anybody else here miss the old court one

mobile.twitter.com/ycochennec/status/1538442643016925186/photo/1


 Not particularly. Always seemed to me a bit of an add-on beside Centre Court with often the noise from Centre Court coming in. I prefer the current Court One.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 24416
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Anybody else here miss the old court one

mobile.twitter.com/ycochennec/status/1538442643016925186/photo/1


 Not particularly. Always seemed to me a bit of an add-on beside Centre Court with often the noise from Centre Court coming in. I prefer the current Court One.


 Oh I agree, but the old court certainly had atmosphere. It was sweaty, smoky, probably dangerous ! But certainly atmospheric. Its ageing me, but we played a Davis Cup tie there versus Italy way back around 1976 and the atmosphere was like being at a football match. Crazy place when a big match was on. 

my last visit was seeing Jeremy Bates (yes, I know) beat Thierry Champion in 1994 in a 3rd round 5 setter- back in the day when a Brit making the second week was massive news! Still Is I guess! 



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Monday 20th of June 2022 05:49:50 AM

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7866
Date:

Updated with withdrawals

__________________
DF


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9159
Date:

Katie, Anna and Maia have withdrawn from Portugal

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7866
Date:

McHugh and Broom in Porto qualifying.

Harris in Todi qualifying

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7866
Date:

Mark Whitehouse also in Porto Q, and Anton has now made Salzburg Q

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7866
Date:

Jay out of Porto

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7866
Date:

Billy Harris top seed in Todd qualifying. Could play Tomic in R2.

McHugh Broom and Whitehouse in Porto qualifying

__________________
DF


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9159
Date:

Eden, Matilda, Emilie and Naiktha have withdrawn.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 45492
Date:

Quite a lot of our ranked players are playing the Tier 1 Tour event in Paddington this week

Josh Paris, Alexis Canter....

Also, VERY happy to see Joel Pierleoni on the list - it was reported, I think, in the US college thread that he'd dropped tennis

Still may be true but maybe he's regretting it - either way, great to see his name down here (and he's come through qualis) - don't quit, Joel !

Also, other good US college prospects here like Finn Murgett as well as youngsters like Lui Maxted


Rather bizarrely, in the women's, there's Joanna Garland, ranked WTA 383 with a wildcard

Also, Holly Hutchinson, some other interesting US college girls (Elisa van Meeteren was always a favourite of mine to watch, and there's Indy Spink too) and also some youngsters.

__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1087
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

Quite a lot of our ranked players are playing the Tier 1 Tour event in Paddington this week

Josh Paris, Alexis Canter....

Also, VERY happy to see Joel Pierleoni on the list - it was reported, I think, in the US college thread that he'd dropped tennis

Still may be true but maybe he's regretting it - either way, great to see his name down here (and he's come through qualis) - don't quit, Joel !

Also, other good US college prospects here like Finn Murgett as well as youngsters like Lui Maxted


Rather bizarrely, in the women's, there's Joanna Garland, ranked WTA 383 with a wildcard

Also, Holly Hutchinson, some other interesting US college girls (Elisa van Meeteren was always a favourite of mine to watch, and there's Indy Spink too) and also some youngsters.


 Perhaps the winning of the Berkhamsted club tournament last weekend is starting to entice Joel back! Incidentally he beat Josh Sapwell (another blast from the past) in the final. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 45492
Date:

That's good to know, brittak

Joel has a wonderful game on grass

And - as you say - Josh Sapwell was a star in the making, if it hadn't been for such awful injury problems

__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1087
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

That's good to know, brittak

Joel has a wonderful game on grass

And - as you say - Josh Sapwell was a star in the making, if it hadn't been for such awful injury problems


 indeed Re Josh. Hes a really nice guy and is now coaching at the club - my daughter who just played a bit recreationally had some lessons with him just for exercise really and he was always very good with her. (Sorry have gone a bit off piste here!)



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard