Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Entries Week 20 - 16/05/22


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37484
Date:
RE: Entries Week 20 - 16/05/22


chocandlolly wrote:

Jack has withdrawn from French Open qualifying . Most likely wont be able too play for points until august now with no points for U.K. Events most likely happening .


 I think you are jumping the gun their Lolly. Lets see what happens. 

Also , why would Jack not play at all? He can choose to play other places, not just the UK...



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 53234
Date:

I agree with chocandlolly as in Jack - if fit -will play UK events, he won't be free to choose to play other places, because he's a major recipient of LTA funding and therefore will (most probably) have to support the LTA events if required.
But (a) he might be injured whatever (b) points may be given whatever and (c) who cares? He's only 20, he can play for points or not, there are many ways to improve your career - after all, you can play Davis Cup and get no points and no one complains.
We wait to see what the ATP and the WTA and the AELTC decide - but it's hardly a career changer - no one played for points/at all last year's 'Wimbledon' and yet here we all are.... (well, actually not all, with condolences to all those affected, coz there are bigger issues, and that's the whole point)

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1888
Date:

Is there a reason for the withdrawal?

 

Answering my own question: he's tweaked a leg muscle. Nothing major, according to James Gray on Twitter. 



-- Edited by LordBrownof on Friday 13th of May 2022 12:51:55 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37484
Date:

When you say no one played for points at all at last years Wimbledon, what do you mean?! Points where awarded? Or am I going completely mad?!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39731
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

When you say no one played for points at all at last years Wimbledon, what do you mean?! Points where awarded? Or am I going completely mad?!


 Maybe meant the cancelled 2020 event ?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 53234
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

When you say no one played for points at all at last years Wimbledon, what do you mean?! Points where awarded? Or am I going completely mad?!


 Maybe meant the cancelled 2020 event ?


 Exactly - sorry - not last year's, the year before - my bad 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39731
Date:

Brave to "my bad" with SC back 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 53234
Date:

indiana wrote:

Brave to "my bad" with SC back 


 LOL biggrin



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37484
Date:

Lily and Katie Swan have tough old draws in RG qualies, both get seeds. Katie gets 10th seed Tomova

Mens, Ryan and Paul avoid seeds, Liam is 32 seed. Dont expect much from the men but not bad looking openers

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 17884
Date:

There is an unusual situation in the W15 in Oran, Algeria where they abandoned the Q event, transferred all Q entries into the Main draw and still had 11 Byes in the Main draw.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard