Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2022 BJK Cup Qualifiers - Czech Republic vs GB - 15-16 April - plus pre Finals preamble


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 577
Date:
2022 BJK Cup Qualifiers - Czech Republic vs GB - 15-16 April - plus pre Finals preamble


I think the next few weeks are going to be very interesting and right now I'd say Anne K has a few issues to sort out.

Three of the top GB women are injury/illness prone. Emma especially has played very little tennis this year. Both Katies struggle to stay fit and Jodie is just coming back from injury and needs game time whilst Harriet's form has fallen off a cliff in recent weeks.

Add to that our specialist doubles pair doesn't seem able to string any wins together either.

A big few weeks coming up to hopefully gain some form and fitness.

Fortunately Heather seems to be playing better at the moment.



-- Edited by HarryGem on Tuesday 7th of March 2023 12:31:12 PM

__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1145
Date:

HarryGem wrote:

I think the next few weeks are going to be very interesting and right now I'd say Anne K has a few issues to sort out.

Three of the top GB women are injury/illness prone. Emma especially has played very little tennis this year. Both Katies struggle to stay fit and Jodie is just coming back from injury and needs game time whilst Harriet's form has fallen off a cliff in recent weeks.

Add to that our specialist doubles pair doesn't seem able to string any wins together either.

A big few weeks coming up to hopefully gain some form and fitness.

Fortunately Heather seems to be playing better at the moment.



-- Edited by HarryGem on Tuesday 7th of March 2023 12:31:12 PM


 Lissey and Liv need to start winning again otherwise Annie might be tempted to give Freya and Ali a go.



__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9035
Date:

Not sure I'd take a specialist doubles pair over a best of 5 two day tie. Slightly different when it's best of 3 all played on one day. But given current form no easy choices.

__________________


Junior player

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

Lets be honest, the Czechs are a class apart from us and even if all our women were in peak form we'd still have no chance of beating them



__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 203
Date:

Brendan F wrote:

Lets be honest, the Czechs are a class apart from us and even if all our women were in peak form we'd still have no chance of beating them



 Aren't we playing France?



__________________


Junior player

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:

Bagel wrote:
Brendan F wrote:

Lets be honest, the Czechs are a class apart from us and even if all our women were in peak form we'd still have no chance of beating them



 Aren't we playing France?


 Not according to the thread title but if you know different I take it back. It should be made clear otherwise what's the point of using one thread for every BJK Cup match?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 28033
Date:

Brendan F wrote:
Bagel wrote:
Brendan F wrote:

Lets be honest, the Czechs are a class apart from us and even if all our women were in peak form we'd still have no chance of beating them



 Aren't we playing France?


 Not according to the thread title but if you know different I take it back. It should be made clear otherwise what's the point of using one thread for every BJK Cup match?


 We are playing France - basically this thread is the 2022 equivalent thread and folks have continued to post in here; what it needs is a new thread setting up and maybe a mod can move some of the France related content across to that thread...

 

But it is France and the title is an old one!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 28033
Date:

BTW - anyone can start a new thread here, doesnt need to wait for someone specific...so Brendan, you could go ahead and do it if you see it is needed, no worries. This old thread kept getting used because, most likely, no one could be bothered or had the time!!

Anyway, new one up and running now.

__________________
«First  <  118 19 20 | Page of 20  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard