Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Entries Week 14 - 05/04/21


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1936
Date:
RE: Entries Week 14 - 05/04/21


JonH comes home wrote:

According to the atp article , naomi was coaching Liam in Miami this week On her way to play Bogotá, although it doesnt mention if that is qualies or qualies and doubles or doubles only?


 Down for doubles at least. With Saisai Zheng.

https://www.tennisteen.it/entry-list/wta/23561-wta-entry-list-5-11-aprile-2021.html



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 7456
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

According to the atp article , naomi was coaching Liam in Miami this week On her way to play Bogotá, although it doesnt mention if that is qualies or qualies and doubles or doubles only?


 I was wondering if Fran has possible Bogota 250 plans? She withdrew from the Argentina 25K list. Though she will maybe need a rest by then.

Edit - as seagull already wondered   



-- Edited by indiana on Saturday 27th of March 2021 11:42:07 PM


 Fran has indeded made the cut for Bogota qualifying.



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1936
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

In Sicily, doubles, a decent haul of Brits on the clay - Joe as top seed with Rajeev, Jonny and Ken; and Dan playing with Federico Coria, not sure about that choice Dan but heh.

Seed Names Seeding Ranking Entry Ranking
1 Rajeev Ram / Joe Salisbury 27 27
2 Marcelo Melo / Jean-Julien Rojer 43 43
3 Jonny O'Mara / Ken Skupski 110 110
4 Simone Bolelli / Andres Molteni 133 133
Matthew Ebden / Divij Sharan 138 138
Nathaniel Lammons / Jackson Withrow 173 173
Guillermo Duran / Guido Pella 179 148
Treat Huey / Frederik Nielsen 181 181
Roman Jebavy / Igor Zelenay 193 173
Lorenzo Sonego / Andrea Vavassori 262 120
Taylor Fritz / Tommy Paul 278 85
Nikoloz Basilashvili / Andre Begemann 350 142
Federico Coria / Daniel Evans 460 113
Marco Cecchinato / Stefano Travaglia - 160
(WC) -
(WC) -


 Sounds like Ken is out. Apparently got some blood clotting in his right leg. Hopefully a speedy recovery. Annoying for him and Jonny. But potential good news for Lloyd as first alt. 



__________________


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 905
Date:

Madadman wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

In Sicily, doubles, a decent haul of Brits on the clay - Joe as top seed with Rajeev, Jonny and Ken; and Dan playing with Federico Coria, not sure about that choice Dan but heh.

Seed Names Seeding Ranking Entry Ranking
1 Rajeev Ram / Joe Salisbury 27 27
2 Marcelo Melo / Jean-Julien Rojer 43 43
3 Jonny O'Mara / Ken Skupski 110 110
4 Simone Bolelli / Andres Molteni 133 133
Matthew Ebden / Divij Sharan 138 138
Nathaniel Lammons / Jackson Withrow 173 173
Guillermo Duran / Guido Pella 179 148
Treat Huey / Frederik Nielsen 181 181
Roman Jebavy / Igor Zelenay 193 173
Lorenzo Sonego / Andrea Vavassori 262 120
Taylor Fritz / Tommy Paul 278 85
Nikoloz Basilashvili / Andre Begemann 350 142
Federico Coria / Daniel Evans 460 113
Marco Cecchinato / Stefano Travaglia - 160
(WC) -
(WC) -


 Sounds like Ken is out. Apparently got some blood clotting in his right leg. Hopefully a speedy recovery. Annoying for him and Jonny. But potential good news for Lloyd as first alt. 


 Ken is definitely out of action for a while.

cry

As posted on t'other entries thread, in reply to Wolf (cos I saw his query before your post), message from Ken on Instagram:
"Hi Everyone, Just a quick update on what's happening.  I arrived home last Monday after a great trip to Mexico.  Early Saturday I started experiencing pains in my right leg which later got diagnosed as being a blood clot. I am really disappointed but have to accept my situation and take the time necessary to recover. I'm looking forward to getting back playing with Neal as soon as possible. Take care. Ken"



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1936
Date:

Liam is up to 4th Alt for Cagliari Qualifying.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10380
Date:

According to Harri Heliövaara's blog, there is a new rule where if your partner has to withdraw you can find a new partner and you will be accepted into the draw as long as your CR is better than that of the first alternates.

With Ken out of Calgari Jonny is now playing with Lloyd, leaving Harri to ask the ATP if he can find someone to replace Lloyd so he can be first alternate again, which is not covered in the rules. If not he will play the Split challenger, if he can find a decent partner, which Lloyd couldn't have played anyway due to Corona restrictions.

__________________


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 905
Date:

Liam has made it into Cagliari Qualfying. Per "Other List Updates" on Twitter.
Cagliari Qualifying update:
OUT: Van de Zandschulp
IN: Broady
Next: Klizan

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1936
Date:

wolf wrote:

According to Harri Heliövaara's blog, there is a new rule where if your partner has to withdraw you can find a new partner and you will be accepted into the draw as long as your CR is better than that of the first alternates.

With Ken out of Calgari Jonny is now playing with Lloyd, leaving Harri to ask the ATP if he can find someone to replace Lloyd so he can be first alternate again, which is not covered in the rules. If not he will play the Split challenger, if he can find a decent partner, which Lloyd couldn't have played anyway due to Corona restrictions.


 Very interesting. A shame that Lloyd couldnt enter with Harri as they have made a good team. Hopefully Jonny and Lloyd make a good show of it. Anyone know if they have ever teamed up before? 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 7456
Date:

Norrie is out of Marbella

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 7456
Date:

Jay has made Split main draw

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 13350
Date:

seagull wrote:

Norrie is out of Marbella


 Noticed that, it did seem to be a v quick swap to clay and a hop across the Atlantic. Dan will be in a similar position - I wondered if he and Neal got any further in the doubles today if we may also see him drop out of Cagliari? 



__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9423
Date:

seagull wrote:
indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

According to the atp article , naomi was coaching Liam in Miami this week On her way to play Bogotá, although it doesnt mention if that is qualies or qualies and doubles or doubles only?


 I was wondering if Fran has possible Bogota 250 plans? She withdrew from the Argentina 25K list. Though she will maybe need a rest by then.

Edit - as seagull already wondered   



-- Edited by indiana on Saturday 27th of March 2021 11:42:07 PM


 Fran has indeded made the cut for Bogota qualifying.


So, while a few hurdles to overcome before that, ideal scenario - Fran beats her WC today and her WC/Q tomorrow in the W25, Naiktha beats her 2 qualifiers over the next couple of days, then Fran goes easy in their potential QF clash on Friday, before heading up to Colombia. Following the Leonie Kung model from last year.

 



Attachments
__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9423
Date:

No idea who this person is, but Heather is seemingly out of Charleston, along with a whole host of others.

twitter.com/FiorinoLuca/status/1377631609009102861

Harriet just got into quals 9 days ago, but she'll likely be a high seed by the time play gets underway.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12212
Date:

He's an Italian journalist. His followers include a number of British Journalists (Russell Fuller, Mike Dickson, Start Fraser...) and other tennis people, including Beechy and Lee of Tennis on Telly.
I would assume that he is on the ball.

Heather may be heading home to prepare for BJK.

__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1598
Date:

Ace Ventura wrote:

No idea who this person is, but Heather is seemingly out of Charleston, along with a whole host of others.

twitter.com/FiorinoLuca/status/1377631609009102861

Harriet just got into quals 9 days ago, but she'll likely be a high seed by the time play gets underway.


 At the moment it looks like she is 5 out from MD, what a shame others didn't enter, this would've been a good PR for Katie, maybe she has none left.



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard