Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Entries Week 1 - 04/01/21


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2146
Date:
Entries Week 1 - 04/01/21


twitter.com/stu_fraser/status/1344615336897880065
Stuart Fraser claiming its down to Coronavirus protocols.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 13401
Date:

From Stuart Fraser's article just published in The Times (extracts only)

"Andy Murray has suddenly changed his plans for the start of the new season after withdrawing from next weeks Delray Beach Open. It is understood that the three-times grand-slam champion was concerned that coronavirus protocols in place at the Florida tournament could have potentially risked his participation at the Australian Open.

Murray, 33, has decided instead to remain on British soil for now and continue training at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton, south-west London. He will then depart for Melbourne before January 16, potentially flying through Dubai where the Australian Open will put on a charter flight for players to ensure they arrive in time for the 14-day period of quarantine down under before the rescheduled tournament starts on February 8."

"Dan Evans has also removed his name from the Delray Beach entry list. The British No 1 is Murrays designated practice partner for the first week of quarantine in Australia, during which players are permitted to leave their hotel rooms for no more than five hours a day to train in a biosecure environment at Melbourne Park. "Dan isnt quite ready to compete and wants to ensure he is best prepared for the Australian swing, so he is opting to take the additional weeks to train in preparation" a spokesman for Evans told The Times."

Edit:- missing quotation marks added - really annoys me when they vanish



-- Edited by the addict on Thursday 31st of December 2020 12:44:28 PM

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2088
Date:

the addict wrote:

From Stuart Fraser's article just published in The Times (extracts only)

"Andy Murray has suddenly changed his plans for the start of the new season after withdrawing from next weeks Delray Beach Open. It is understood that the three-times grand-slam champion was concerned that coronavirus protocols in place at the Florida tournament could have potentially risked his participation at the Australian Open.

Murray, 33, has decided instead to remain on British soil for now and continue training at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton, south-west London. He will then depart for Melbourne before January 16, potentially flying through Dubai where the Australian Open will put on a charter flight for players to ensure they arrive in time for the 14-day period of quarantine down under before the rescheduled tournament starts on February 8."

"Dan Evans has also removed his name from the Delray Beach entry list. The British No 1 is Murrays designated practice partner for the first week of quarantine in Australia, during which players are permitted to leave their hotel rooms for no more than five hours a day to train in a biosecure environment at Melbourne Park. Dan isnt quite ready to compete and wants to ensure he is best prepared for the Australian swing, so he is opting to take the additional weeks to train in preparation a spokesman for Evans told The Times.


 That pretty much confirms my feeling, it's just not worth the aggro and is too damaging to preperation for the AO.



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2088
Date:

Alternatively it could be that there aren't stringent enough protocols to minimise the risk of Covid, the sentence where he says that participation could risk his AO seems as though it might that.  Either way good news for both as not injury related, just logistical.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16483
Date:

Makes sense really, viewed on its own it was quite a random trip with possibly more ups than downs. Maybe they could do another Brits event for players to keep match fit ahead of the Aussie trip, would have to be next week I guess if they did?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 13401
Date:

Found on twitter - may be reliable, may not be

" Anyone testing positive in Florida or identified as close contact will be isolated for 7-10 days = Bye bye AO! "

__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2146
Date:

Yeah wouldnt be surprised if there are a few more. With probably only the finalist and winner earning more than a round one defeat at AO. Its not worth it as you say.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39904
Date:

the addict wrote:
Edit:- missing quotation marks added - really annoys me when they vanish

That, I think, is because Activeboard doesn't fully support text copied from other sites & pasted in any of the forums here.  I realised that a long time ago & now religiously go through anything I copy & paste from elsewhere & delete the original quotation marks AND apostrophes & dashes, using the "show preview" function to highlight any I may have missed, & type them back in myself.

For the same reason, it's impossible to reproduce any but the most common foreign accents.



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4861
Date:

Madadman wrote:

Yeah wouldnt be surprised if there are a few more. With probably only the finalist and winner earning more than a round one defeat at AO. Its not worth it as you say.


 That and the fact that players like Isner (doesn't believe in masking) and Querry (left Russia in a hurry and couldn't be found after officials wanted to test him & his family) are in the draw. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 13401
Date:

Michal Samulski
@MichalSamulski


Next week's draw ceremonies (local time)
WTA500 Abu Dhabi - 4 Jan at 7pm
ATP250 Delray Beach - 4 Jan at 3pm
ATP250 Antalya - 5 Jan at 4pm
AO qualies Doha - 9 Jan at 3pm
AO qualies Dubai - 9 Jan at 4pm



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4861
Date:

seagull wrote:

Delray Beach Doubles Entries

Seed* Names Current Ranking Entry Ranking
1 Marcelo Arevalo / Jean-Julien Rojer 77 77
2 Ken Skupski / Neal Skupski 83 83
3 Marcus Daniell / Philipp Oswald 87 87
4 Marcelo Demoliner / Santiago Gonzalez 91 91
Luke Bambridge / Dominic Inglot 122 122
Andres Molteni / Hugo Nys 131 131
Ariel Behar / Gonzalo Escobar 136 136
Austin Krajicek / Sam Querrey 220 94
Cameron Norrie / Jonny O'Mara 245 129
Hubert Hurkacz / John Isner 256 59
Cristian Garin / Andre Goransson 375 111
Mackenzie McDonald / Tommy Paul 406 137
Treat Huey / Milos Raonic 498 135
Nicholas Monroe / Frances Tiafoe 667 133
(WC) -
(WC) -


 Skupski's have withdrawn.



__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2146
Date:

Some low cut offs in the ATP events this week. Current cut offs are:
Antalya main: 245
Antalya Q: 310

Delray main: 118
Delray Q: 305

Link: www.tennisteen.it/entry-list/atp/23522-atp-entry-list-4-17-gennaio-2021.html

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16483
Date:

seagull wrote:

ATP

Delray Beach $250K (Hard) - Norrie


CHALLENGERS

None This Week


 FUTURES

Spain $15K (Hard) - (Whitehouse, Basing)

Turkey $15K (Clay) - Harris

 

WTA                              

Abu Dhabi $565K (Hard) - Watson (Bains, Burrage)

                         

FUTURES                          

Turkey $15K (Clay) - (Anane)

 



-- Edited by seagull on Thursday 31st of December 2020 12:53:58 PM


 Luke and Dom and Cam and jonny are still in doubles field for delray at this stage. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39387
Date:

Mark Whitehouse withdrew from Spain.

Max Basing is still on the acceptance list in the qualis but doesn't seem to be in the draw.

I'm reckoning he's got a MD wildcard

He's based at Rafa's academy and is a very promising player so good chance .....



__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7511
Date:

Abu Dhabi qualifying draw is out and Jodie Burrage is the 3rd seed!

She will play Nadia Kichenok in R1.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard