Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Joe Salisbury


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34524
Date:
Joe Salisbury


It was Jon who pointed out the possibility earlier in the week, so I just checked out how Zeballos had been doing.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15582
Date:

indiana wrote:

It was Jon who pointed out the possibility earlier in the week, so I just checked out how Zeballos had been doing.


 Great to see Joe's rise, hope Luke needs to reach #1 or 2 to take that top spot off him! 

 

Btw indi,  my daughter got an offer from edinburgh university today for 2020 intake, she plans to accept it ( she preferred it over durham and st Andrew's, both great places but she just preferred the feel of Edinburgh as a whole) , still needs to get the grades obviously in her a levels!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34524
Date:

Good stuff. Well I came down from the Highlands to university in Edinburgh ( Heriot-Watt ) mamy many years ago and have basically been here ever since. So guess I rather like it.

Too busy at Edinburgh Festival time ( August ), bah humbug, but she can avoid that.

And guess there no eligible princes around St Andrews since Kate captured hers.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15582
Date:

indiana wrote:

Good stuff. Well I came down from the Highlands to university in Edinburgh ( Heriot-Watt ) mamy many years ago and have basically been here ever since. So guess I rather like it.

Too busy at Edinburgh Festival time ( August ), bah humbug, but she can avoid that.

And guess there no eligible princes around St Andrews since Kate captured hers.


 Well certainly hope she gets in, would be a lovely place to visit whilst she is there. Son was at oxford , so we will have done pretty well with our two - my wife and I where at Newcastle polytechnic so we somehow struck lucky with the two kids ! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15582
Date:

the addict wrote:

That's his current official ranking - on Monday he will be #3 on 5390, ahead of Zeballos on 5370. So indi is spot on (as usual !)


 And only one of the top 5 not from Americas as well. With Melo in top 10, 5 of the top 10 are south or north american



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34524
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
the addict wrote:

That's his current official ranking - on Monday he will be #3 on 5390, ahead of Zeballos on 5370. So indi is spot on (as usual !)


 And only one of the top 5 not from Americas as well. With Melo in top 10, 5 of the top 10 are south or north american


 Joe's 27. The next youngest of the top 10 is 33.



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4826
Date:

Congratulations to Jon and daughter! I came down to Edinburgh from North East Scotland a few years ago.

Back on topic, lovely snippet about Joe going back to his old primary school on the previous page - thanks for sharing.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15582
Date:

flamingowings wrote:

Congratulations to Jon and daughter! I came down to Edinburgh from North East Scotland a few years ago.

Back on topic, lovely snippet about Joe going back to his old primary school on the previous page - thanks for sharing.


 If she gets the grades,  a message board meet up might be on the cards sometime in the next 4 years! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39331
Date:

flamingowings wrote:

Back on topic, lovely snippet about Joe going back to his old primary school on the previous page - thanks for sharing.


Just seen it again on the local news after News at 10 & realised that I forgot to mention that he & Rajeev will keep going & that he wants to win Wimbledon & become N° 1 in the world.  wink   



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15582
Date:

Joe Salisbury is confirmed as qualified for the O2 Tour Finals, with Rajeev Ram (of course).

With new curtailed calendar now confirmed, their qualification can also be guaranteed

www.atptour.com/en/news/nitto-atp-finals-highlights-late-season-atp-tour-calendar-2020

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39331
Date:

Nudging this back to the top.  Jon:  you were the last to post on it last August ( wink ), so I'm deleting the thread you've just started.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15582
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

Nudging this back to the top.  Jon:  you were the last to post on it last August ( wink ), so I'm deleting the thread you've just started.


 duh! I tried to find one and couldnt, didnt look hard enough!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39331
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

Nudging this back to the top.  Jon:  you were the last to post on it last August ( wink ), so I'm deleting the thread you've just started.


 duh! I tried to find one and couldnt, didnt look hard enough!


I think it was on the third page.  You could always have done a search.  wink



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15582
Date:

Joe has a live rankings rise to 3rd spot this week as Mahut will drop points and isnt playing

That will be a career high for Joe, well done after a fabulous US Open

live-tennis.eu/en/atp-doubles-live-ranking

He is also confirmed for ATP Tour Finals in Turin, of course. He is playing with Neal in San Diego and presumably then back with Rajeev for IW, Paris and Turin

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34524
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Joe has a live rankings rise to 3rd spot this week as Mahut will drop points and isnt playing

That will be a career high for Joe, well done after a fabulous US Open

live-tennis.eu/en/atp-doubles-live-ranking

He is also confirmed for ATP Tour Finals in Turin, of course. He is playing with Neal in San Diego and presumably then back with Rajeev for IW, Paris and Turin


 Joe did spend one week at WR 3 in February 2020 but great to be back there of course on top of his US Open title. And if the Croats would lose their mojo for a little while longer then you never know.

live-tennis thus shows it as "CH" rather than "NCH". 



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard