Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Jonny O'Mara


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2378
Date:
Jonny O'Mara


Not hugely surprised after that grass court season really

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 8976
Date:

Was sitting right behind them at Wimbledon and they didn't speak at all at changeovers which was a little odd. Big fan of Jonny's but Luke was by far the better player that day. Be interesting to see their new partners.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39681
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

I have it on good authority that Jonny and Luke have split as a pair.

******

 

Pity. But the non communication that seagull witnessed was ominous. 

Hope they can both find good compatible new partners for they have been good for each other. Luke chatted to Mike Cation last year ( before the link up with Jonny that he hinted at in that chat ) of looking to get a least into the 70s in the rankings and Slam direct entry. Tick, tick. 

Going into their first tournament as a regular partnership in the April 2018 Mexico City Challenger Luke and Jonny were WR 125 and 154 respectively. They are now WR 53 (CH 41) and WR 58 (CH 44) respectively. And they have won 4 titles together ( 2 ATP 250, 2 Challenger ) with 7 RUs ( 3 ATP 250s, 4 Challenger ). So consistent heights that neither had really been close to before. Though no titles this year nor a great grass season. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 13630
Date:

From what I've observed, I think something may have happened to them last summer from which they've never recovered from. Despite consistently good results they haven't come across as good friends on or off court for a while now.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19092
Date:

Excellent extended podcast with Jonny.

podcasts.google.com/


__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19092
Date:

Superb interview with Jonny on the Kris Soutar podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/kris-soutars-tennis-journal/id1305908744#episodeGuid

Lots of great advice for young players trying to transition from juniors to seniors.





-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Monday 8th of June 2020 10:59:54 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39681
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Superb interview with Jonny on the Kris Soutar podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/kris-soutars-tennis-journal/id1305908744#episodeGuid

Lots of great advice for young players trying to transition from juniors to seniors.





-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Monday 8th of June 2020 10:59:54 AM


 Yes, really good. Thanks Bob. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37248
Date:

I see Jonnys partner , Arevalo , has been playing a lot of the US doubles exhibitions, largely with Aragone.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37248
Date:

Playing with Sitak in AO. According to MTF posts.

__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3588
Date:

Anyone know if hes still playing. Just seen a clip on the LTA YouTube of Andy training on grass with Billy. Almost looked like he was there as a coach in Andys corner.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37248
Date:

Madadman wrote:

Anyone know if hes still playing. Just seen a clip on the LTA YouTube of Andy training on grass with Billy. Almost looked like he was there as a coach in Andys corner.


 his last event was mid April when he played with Evo in Barca.

So he has had a month with no play...not sure. 

 

I just realised from Wiki he was born in Keighley, which is maybe 15 miles from me, so a good Yorkshire lad, whatever he says about Scotland!

 



__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 358
Date:

He has also been in Evo's box at a few tournaments this year. Feels like a bit of a career shift.

__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1132
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Madadman wrote:

Anyone know if hes still playing. Just seen a clip on the LTA YouTube of Andy training on grass with Billy. Almost looked like he was there as a coach in Andys corner.


 his last event was mid April when he played with Evo in Barca.

So he has had a month with no play...not sure. 

 

I just realised from Wiki he was born in Keighley, which is maybe 15 miles from me, so a good Yorkshire lad, whatever he says about Scotland!

 


 He grew up in Arbroath, played at the same club as me there. He's s nice guy. Was wondering where he'd been the last couple months.



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3588
Date:

I see he is down to play Surbiton with Liam Broady.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53923
Date:

The very last paragraph of an article in The Sunday Times discussing the lengthy waiting times for a British visa being experienced by some Russian & Belarusian players hoping to compete in the grass court tournaments here which concludes with a look at Surbiton:

In a sign that Murray has no imminent retirement plans, he is considering making a new addition to his support team in the coming weeks. Jonny OMara, the 28-year-old doubles player from Scotland, is in line to become his assistant coach on a regular basis across the tour.



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard