Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Freya Christie


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 14548
Date:
Freya Christie


Freya has featured on the titles of the first two episodes of the human body, but will feature a bit of her tennis journey tomorrow night on BBC2 

Excellent series



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 14548
Date:

5 mins coverage - mainly to do with how her right forearm has adapted to tennis and come physically larger than her left arm. Short clip of her losing to Petkovic at Ilkley.

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 8415
Date:

Freya on Twitter, a few minutes ago

"Didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm ecstatic to be packing to go to a tournament! #Imback #injuryfree"



__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 686
Date:

Good news.

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Online
Posts: 4750
Date:

Yes good luck to her, the last 12 months has been a bit of a wash out she was doing so well in the run up to Wimbledon 2016, it would be great to see her stay healthy and get back to that the of form

__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1606
Date:

Oakland2002 wrote:

Yes good luck to her, the last 12 months has been a bit of a wash out she was doing so well in the run up to Wimbledon 2016, it would be great to see her stay healthy and get back to that the of form


That match in Wimbledon qualifying over three tough sets seemed to knock the stuffing out of Freya I always thought she would make top 200 or higher glad she is back. 



__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 528
Date:

scottie1 wrote:
Oakland2002 wrote:

Yes good luck to her, the last 12 months has been a bit of a wash out she was doing so well in the run up to Wimbledon 2016, it would be great to see her stay healthy and get back to that the of form


That match in Wimbledon qualifying over three tough sets seemed to knock the stuffing out of Freya I always thought she would make top 200 or higher glad she is back. 


 It would mean she is remarkably mentally fragile if that really were the case. For her sake, I hope that match has nothing to do with her last 12 months of form. Because it would also mean she didn't/doesn't have people around her that can help her recover from feelings of disappointment after losses. Not family nor coaches nor friends were able to do it. Early on in the pro tour, it's new experience after new experience in both wins and losses.



__________________


Social player

Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Date:

20 aces this week - not a bad return from injury! Hopefully she'll play in Sunderland next week and keep up her return!

I just wrote this about her - we should celebrate her QF appearance - let's hope she climbs those rankings again :)

thebigracket.org/2017/10/26/freya-christie-shows-promise-on-injury-return/

Would love your thoughts!

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 528
Date:

Did she have surgery on her wrist?

According to wiki, she hasn't even won a Future in singles. Compared with 6 titles in doubles spanning 15k and 25k level.

And according to her Twitter today, some people that backed her to beat Eden Silva in singles are now regretting it.

Well she and all the other tennis players that now receive this nasty abuse can thank the ITF for their famous data link up agreement. Whenever I've heard any of the players commenting on social media about abuse, I've never heard one of them mention the ITF and their obvious role in it.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 31092
Date:

My gawd, returning from long term out Freya loses a tennis match to a decent player and gets abuse from some betting folk. I guess I'm not really that surprised, which in itself is very sad. I guess some numpies wondered how they got clearly to them decent looking odds. Must be the player's fault.

Not of course a player losing a tennis match and/or possible ignorance regarding some of the background is any excuse regarding such dregs' err communications. 



__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 528
Date:

These days, a young tennis player complaining like that has merely become part of their rite of passage.

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 8415
Date:

Sadly that abuse is very common these days, and quite a few young pros have posted examples on twitter.

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 7042
Date:

the addict wrote:

Sadly that abuse is very common these days, and quite a few young pros have posted examples on twitter.


 And the ITF continues to sit on its hands.



__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 528
Date:

What expectations do people have for her career?

She is presently ranked around 500 in the world, returning from a wrist injury.

__________________


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 891
Date:

skibbarriz wrote:

What expectations do people have for her career?

She is presently ranked around 500 in the world, returning from a wrist injury.


 276 by year end. British number 11.



__________________
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard