Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Leeds United


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 15416
Date:
RE: Leeds United


JonH wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Rumours all over twitter that the next manager will be Argentinian Marcelo Bielsa, known as the crazy one and mentor to Guardiola and Pochetino.


 and so it comes to pass. Will be another interesting and high profile season ahead! 


Yep.  As someone posted on Twitter, only 3 more managers until Xmas wink



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Leeds off to a flier and now top. Dare we dream
!?

__________________
JonH


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 15416
Date:

JonH wrote:

Leeds off to a flier and now top. Dare we dream
!?


I had chosen not to post as I didn't want to jinx anything.

Big game Friday night.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 7104
Date:

I'm so glad we are out if the Championship. It is such a tough league

Mind you we have had to play Man Utd and Liverpool last 2!

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:
JonH wrote:

Leeds off to a flier and now top. Dare we dream
!?


I had chosen not to post as I didn't want to jinx anything.

Big game Friday night.


 Yes, Tony pulis on a wet Friday night. No worries there! 



__________________
JonH


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4791
Date:

I have got to be honest I love the championship, left Villa Park on Saturday strangely euphoric despite losing two points against the run of play and super Jack going off injured after yet another hack from a passing donkey, he is already the most fouled player in the championship by a FACTOR of two. He probably needs to move on for his own physical well being or at least buy some bigger shin pads , forget the money, there only £20.

The euphoria is probably something to do with the club continuing to own its own car park and Chester actually still being in a Villa shirt to give away a last minute penalty. Some more decent loans and I fancy Villa to be slicing up a bit of pre Christmas Yorkshire Turkey.  

What a great way to start the festive season. Regardless of the result that is a fixture that puts half the premier league fixtures to shame, I would pay just to watch the shirts forget the players in them, thats just s bonus.



-- Edited by Oakland2002 on Monday 27th of August 2018 06:55:28 AM

__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Oakland2002 wrote:

I have got to be honest I love the championship, left Villa Park on Saturday strangely euphoric despite losing two points against the run of play and super Jack going off injured after yet another hack from a passing donkey, he is already the most fouled player in the championship by a FACTOR of two. He probably needs to move on for his own physical well being or at least buy some bigger shin pads , forget the money, there only £20.

The euphoria is probably something to do with the club continuing to own its own car park and Chester actually still being in a Villa shirt to give away a last minute penalty. Some more decent loans and I fancy Villa to be slicing up a bit of pre Christmas Yorkshire Turkey.  

What a great way to start the festive season. Regardless of the result that is a fixture that puts half the premier league fixtures to shame, I would pay just to watch the shirts forget the players in them, thats just s bonus.



-- Edited by Oakland2002 on Monday 27th of August 2018 06:55:28 AM


 don't wish Xmas here too soon! I have to say I've always had a soft spot for Villa and always liked Steve Bruce.  Being at his first really big club, I hope he gets them up and gets a crack at premier league, but with more investment behind them than Newcastle have had. I'll watch villa with Interest for sure !



__________________
JonH


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4791
Date:

Great result in the FA Youth Cup this week Accrington Stanley 4 Leeds United 2!! That and Chelsea getting knocked out made me smile. Always love to see smaller clubs progress. Sheffield Utd has a great run a few years back and rarely is it an accident usually their is something or someone special behind it. That team indeed academy has produced a number of international players and thank you Harry McGuire for a wonderful World Cup.

Very excited by the weekends fixture, at the risk of sounding like Cilla but, suprise suprise Villa v Leeds is live on Sky! probably the most predictable choice for a championship televised game of the year, the irony is the clubs are chosen because of the atmosphere in the grounds which Sky cannot broadcast indeed now mute because the fans are so upset by their presence. Not alllll Skys fault but mostly! It is a reflection of the enormous amount of airtime given to the clubs in the championship who fill their grounds and now never get to play at 15:00 on a Saturday.

On this occasion not an issue for me as can squeeze in a trip to Gloucester City on the Saturday but normally massively inconvenient and of course the clubs both under the threat of draconian fair play legislation see very little fiscal return on the enormous amount of content they provide Sky. The premiership is in part a product of the EFL and much more television money should pass down the pyramid the painful irony being the agents are so well paid they have become so powerful they almost own the clubs ref Wolves.

Tennis is not dissimilar and I think we need a bit of anti AETC chanting at Wimbledon, more money should drip down to funding more tournaments in the U.K. There by allowing talented but less affluent younger players to compete regularly perhaps an under 21 tour where regular participation of British eligible players would facilitate an income equivalent to an apprenticeship.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 15416
Date:

Oakland2002 wrote:

.....  surprise surprise Villa v Leeds is live on Sky! .....


Good choice in the end wink

Marching on Together.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Indeed, 41000 there and Leeds top for Xmas. Efl is a really decent league at the moment

__________________
JonH


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4791
Date:

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, gutted by the result but dirty Leeds invigorated by some of their own youngsters were the better side. Pretty depressing drive back to the outlaws.

Santa has however bought me a 6ft 7 inch keeper for Christmas (with said keeper I think we would have got 3 points out of Forest, WBA perhaps even Leeds). The last player we bought from Ghent was a Mr Benteke who with pristine knees and Achilles tendons was a magnificent acquisition, lets hope going back to the well pans out. 



-- Edited by Oakland2002 on Wednesday 26th of December 2018 06:35:02 AM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 15416
Date:

Oakland2002 wrote:

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, gutted by the result but dirty Leeds invigorated by some of their own youngsters were the better side. Pretty depressing drive back to the outlaws.

Santa has however bought me a 6ft 7 inch keeper for Christmas (with said keeper I think we would have got 3 points out of Forest, WBA perhaps even Leeds). The last player we bought from Ghent was a Mr Benteke who with pristine knees and Achilles tendons was a magnificent acquisition, lets hope going back to the well pans out. 



-- Edited by Oakland2002 on Wednesday 26th of December 2018 06:35:02 AM


I was following the match on live text while aimlessly wandering around Frankfurt airport.  Not quite sure how we are top at Xmas.  In all honesty, we have a group of average Championship players, some talented youngsters plus the one quality player in Pablo Hernandez.  But what we DO have, seems to be a genius as a coach.  Lost count of the times recently where he has changed things up in the 2nd half and turned a game around.  Long live "el loco".

This same group of players finished 13th last year.  We have only added two players, one of whom has only played about twice this year due to injury (Bamford).  The only significant addition to the squad had been a left back from Wolves (Douglas).

Still think we will need reinforcements in January.  Our style of play and intense training regime has led to a string of injuries, so I am still concerned as to whether we can maintain the momentum in the 2nd half of the season.  But I live in hope.  A home win against Blackburn today would be a good start.

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 15416
Date:

Cruised to another easy win today with goals in the 91st and 94th minutes to win 3-2. Never in doubt.

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1923
Date:

They'll be down with the decorations Bob, mess up in the play-offs, its written in the stars

__________________

 



Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4791
Date:

West Brom could potentially spoil the party but a 6 point cushion to the play off positions cannot be sniffed at with everyone beating everyone. I agree, Leeds play at present is breathless and you need some puff for the second half of the season.

There were 4 championship transfers that pre season made me green with envy, Villa were in a state of nebulous fiscal flux with an owner who was mortgaging the car park to pay the tax bill, Douglas was one and bar Sessegnon (I am not certain you would pidgeonhole him in a position just left something) was the best left back in the championship last year. Aidan Flint (Middlesbrough) , along with our loaneees Johnson (WBA) and Grabban (Forest) the others. Presently they are holes plugged at Villa by loaners admittedly very good ones (Abrahams and Twanzbe) or just holes! Big ones! Plug them and we are a Rolls Royce of a team but automatic promotion looks like a dream that sailed in November along with the cabbages.



-- Edited by Oakland2002 on Thursday 27th of December 2018 09:10:02 AM

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 734  >  Last»  | Page of 34  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard