Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Marcus Willis


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 13201
Date:
Marcus Willis


Marcus was on the functional tennis podcast, confirms he's looking to go the doubles route soon.

https://www.functionaltennis.com/pages/the-functional-tennis-podcast

I know it's Marcus, but still.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 35545
Date:

Did anyone see this, fabulous !

www.puntodebreak.com/2020/02/11/marcus-willis-ingresado-hospital-envenenamiento

Marcus tweeted an obvious and groan worthy joke yesterday, amusing but still!

And a Spanish news source picks it up and reports it as real!

Classic!

__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3504
Date:

Yeah I found that website and tweeted Marcus about it! Hilarious! I see hes now tweeted a picture of a frying pan with bulbs in!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19009
Date:

Well. It's official. Marcus is definitely giving doubles a real go.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-8083987/Marcus-Willis-plotting-doubles-comeback-four-years-clash-Roger-Federer.html



-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Saturday 7th of March 2020 01:34:31 PM

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 52781
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Well. It's official. Marfus is definitely giving doubles a real go.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-8083987/Marcus-Willis-plotting-doubles-comeback-four-years-clash-Roger-Federer.html


Good article (but you can usually rely on "Dicko" for that), but "Marfus"?!!  Thanks, Bob.    Plenty of name checks for other British tennis players, male & female.  smile  Good to see him acknowledge the perennial problem of the failure of so many to capitalise on their talent & break through into the big time.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19009
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Well. It's official. Marfus is definitely giving doubles a real go.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-8083987/Marcus-Willis-plotting-doubles-comeback-four-years-clash-Roger-Federer.html


Good article (but you can usually rely on "Dicko" for that), but "Marfus"?!!  Thanks, Bob.    Plenty of name checks for other British tennis players, male & female.  smile  Good to see him acknowledge the perennial problem of the failure of so many to capitalise on their talent & break through into the big time.


At least I didn't put Dufus. no

Spelling now corrected.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19009
Date:

Rumours are that Marcus is guesting on Sue Barker's Wimbledon show at 8.00pm on BBC2 tonight. This tweet from Marcus suggests there may be some truth in that rumour.

twitter.com/Willbomb90/status/1278725240412135426

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Rumours are that Marcus is guesting on Sue Barker's Wimbledon show at 8.00pm on BBC2 tonight. This tweet from Marcus suggests there may be some truth in that rumour.

twitter.com/Willbomb90/status/1278725240412135426


 It was announced at the end of yesterdays  show. We're getting different  British players each day so plenty of variety. 



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

ROSAMUND wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

Rumours are that Marcus is guesting on Sue Barker's Wimbledon show at 8.00pm on BBC2 tonight. This tweet from Marcus suggests there may be some truth in that rumour.

twitter.com/Willbomb90/status/1278725240412135426


 It was announced at the end of yesterdays  show. We're getting different  British players each day so plenty of variety. 


 Well it was announced at the end of yesterdays show. But he is not with Sue Barker as Annie K. and Andrew Castle are. There's no mention of him appearing in any highlights either. Disappointing if you were hoping to see him. Andy Murray is "zooming in " later.



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

He's on at 8.45



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

ROSAMUND wrote:

He's on at 8.45


 Well he had his 5 minutes pre recorded at Wimbledon with Rishi Presad. Didn't get a mention in Sue Barkers intro. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19009
Date:

Marcus has now quit tennis and is working as a building labourer.

twitter.com/Mike_Dickson_DM/status/1367384105793519617



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3504
Date:

He has put out a short statement on his twitter as well.

twitter.com/willbomb90/status/1367373696642482176

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 35545
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Marcus has now quit tennis and is working as a building labourer.

twitter.com/Mike_Dickson_DM/status/1367384105793519617


 No real surprise but it raises a few good points - the security (relative) that having 20 or so ITF events in the UK with a bonus pool gave, which disappeared a few years ago, I really do think this is a big , big miss as we have discussed elsewhere on this forum

And, if someone like Marcus who presumably did ok from  sponsors and the like , with the profile he gained, needs to end up as a building labourer, that is something the folks at the top need to think about. Although these are quite staged photos, whether that is his career choice or a little stage managed for the press, who know  



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

The full intervIew with Marcus is covered by Mike Dickson in the Daily Mail 4th March .



__________________
«First  <  18 9 10 11 12  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard