Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: General election/politics


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1014
Date:
General election/politics


I've met her in person on numerous occasions and she is an odious individual.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18631
Date:

Political factoid of the day.

As of today, Nadine Dorries' "resignation with immediate effect" has lasted longer than Liz Truss' Premiership LOL.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 30298
Date:

Sad times

twitter.com/andygjburge/status/1688563372852183040

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18631
Date:

So as of this week, asylum seekers have started to board the Bibby Stockholm - all 39 of them.

Until today that is. Health and Safety have now discovered the virus linked with Legionaires disease in the boat's water supply so they have been taken off again.

The story going around yesterday, is that it would have been CHEAPER to put the asylum seekers in the SAVOY HOTEL in London.



-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Friday 11th of August 2023 12:21:39 PM

__________________


Lower Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 193
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

Political factoid of the day.

As of today, Nadine Dorries' "resignation with immediate effect" has lasted longer than Liz Truss' Premiership LOL.


Our pal Nadine reps the constituency next to mine. The councils of various towns within it (mostly Tory run!) have been desperately trying to get her to step down as shes done near nothing locally in years now - but shes ignoring them



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1282
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:

So as of this week, asylum seekers have started to board the Bibby Stockholm - all 39 of them.

Until today that is. Health and Safety have now discovered the virus linked with Legionaires disease in the boat's water supply so they have been taken off again.

The story going around yesterday, is that it would have been CHEAPER to put the asylum seekers in the SAVOY HOTEL in London.



-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Friday 11th of August 2023 12:21:39 PM


The irony .

and Legionnaires is caused by a bacterial infection (hope OK to point out)

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/legionellosis



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18631
Date:

Elegant Point wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:

So as of this week, asylum seekers have started to board the Bibby Stockholm - all 39 of them.

Until today that is. Health and Safety have now discovered the virus linked with Legionaires disease in the boat's water supply so they have been taken off again.

The story going around yesterday, is that it would have been CHEAPER to put the asylum seekers in the SAVOY HOTEL in London.



-- Edited by Bob in Spain on Friday 11th of August 2023 12:21:39 PM


The irony .

and Legionnaires is caused by a bacterial infection (hope OK to point out)

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/legionellosis


No problem. Never know the difference between a bacteria and a virus. Always mix them up.



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1282
Date:

The only thing you probably need to remember is antibiotics dont work against viruses



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1555
Date:

Elegant Point wrote:

The only thing you probably need to remember is antibiotics dont work against viruses


... and computers don't catch bacteria.



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1282
Date:

christ wrote:
Elegant Point wrote:

The only thing you probably need to remember is antibiotics dont work against viruses


... and computers don't catch bacteria.


LOL - but the average office keyboard can have more bacteria on it than the loo seatwink



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 50039
Date:

Seriously? I guess we should be pleased it's been banned - but firstly you want to see the ban in action before you believe it and secondly, how on earth did we get here in the first place?


"The UKs energy regulator is to ban a controversial practice by electricity generators in which they made tens of millions of pounds a day for helping to balance the grid.

Energy companies were accused of manipulating the market, by saying they were going to switch off their generators just at the moment they were most needed. Under the UKs grid balancing system, they were then offered inflated prices to turn them back on.

The scale of the profits made from the balancing regime was enormous. Balancing costs paid ultimately by the taxpayer tripled in the winter of 2021/22, to over 1.5bn between November 2021 and February 2022, compared to average annual winter balancing costs of just under 500m for between 2017 and 2020, Ofgem said."

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 18631
Date:

This interview with a former Civil Servant on Radio 4 Today's programme about the crumbling schools is both utterly shocking and totally damning. The government were warned of a 'critical risk to life' for children in these schools and yet CUT the budget for repairs and rebuilding.

https://twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/1698595798445932834



__________________
«First  <  124 25 26 | Page of 26  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard