Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Cameron Norrie


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 364
Date:
RE: Cameron Norrie


JonH comes home wrote:

Dan maybe heading to #1 in the ATP Rankings, of the Brits, but from a prizemoney perspective, Cam is tops and could add more this week, albeit unlikely

55 Cameron Norrie GBR3 839k +55.3k Shanghai R32 Qual. Shanghai W 883k 2.22M
59 Kyle Edmund 24.7 GBR2 827k +26.6k - Lost in Shanghai R64 - -
62 Daniel Evans 29.3 GBR1 786k +6100 - Lost in Qual. Shanghai R2 - -


 That shows the disparity in prize money in tournaments though. As Cam had the higher ranking for half the year he got into the better tournaments while Dan had to accumulate his points at Challenger level where winning the whole thing gives you the same money as a 1st or 2nd round loss in the better tournaments.



__________________


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 891
Date:

I'm not sure that the difference is really significant, Dan still made around £800k this year, which is a life-changing income.

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4973
Date:

Cam is in the Auckland entry list for new year

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4973
Date:

Cam entered in New York indoor event in Feb



__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1188
Date:

I see with no Davis Cup qualifier for GB. Cam has taken the opportunity to enter the Indian Wells Challenger that leads up to Indian Wells masters. Its a good field but might make the difference getting some early games in before the masters.

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4973
Date:

Madadman wrote:

I see with no Davis Cup qualifier for GB. Cam has taken the opportunity to enter the Indian Wells Challenger that leads up to Indian Wells masters. Its a good field but might make the difference getting some early games in before the masters.


 Was it cam or kyle that won that event last season? 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 31117
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Madadman wrote:

I see with no Davis Cup qualifier for GB. Cam has taken the opportunity to enter the Indian Wells Challenger that leads up to Indian Wells masters. Its a good field but might make the difference getting some early games in before the masters.


 Was it cam or kyle that won that event last season? 


Kyle. Though Cam also had a good week that week, semi finalist in ATP 500 Acapulco.

This year the Indian Wells Challenger ( and Indian Wells and Miami Masters ) are a week later, just as the Aus Open was. 

The clay and grass season main events will though tie in with last year. 



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4973
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Madadman wrote:

I see with no Davis Cup qualifier for GB. Cam has taken the opportunity to enter the Indian Wells Challenger that leads up to Indian Wells masters. Its a good field but might make the difference getting some early games in before the masters.


 Was it cam or kyle that won that event last season? 


Kyle. Though Cam also had a good week that week, semi finalist in ATP 500 Acapulco.

This year the Indian Wells Challenger ( and Indian Wells and Miami Masters ) are a week later, just as the Aus Open was. 

The clay and grass season main events will though tie in with last year. 


 Hadnt realised that, presumably though last years masters points for iw and miami drop off mid way through the events so no ranking impact ?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 31117
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Madadman wrote:

I see with no Davis Cup qualifier for GB. Cam has taken the opportunity to enter the Indian Wells Challenger that leads up to Indian Wells masters. Its a good field but might make the difference getting some early games in before the masters.


 Was it cam or kyle that won that event last season? 


Kyle. Though Cam also had a good week that week, semi finalist in ATP 500 Acapulco.

This year the Indian Wells Challenger ( and Indian Wells and Miami Masters ) are a week later, just as the Aus Open was. 

The clay and grass season main events will though tie in with last year. 


 Hadnt realised that, presumably though last years masters points for iw and miami drop off mid way through the events so no ranking impact ?


Last year's IW and Miami Masters points will drop off on the Monday following this year's events, since there will be no rankings update midway through these events. So at least these equivalent Masters points will come off and add on the same Monday. 



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4973
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Madadman wrote:

I see with no Davis Cup qualifier for GB. Cam has taken the opportunity to enter the Indian Wells Challenger that leads up to Indian Wells masters. Its a good field but might make the difference getting some early games in before the masters.


 Was it cam or kyle that won that event last season? 


Kyle. Though Cam also had a good week that week, semi finalist in ATP 500 Acapulco.

This year the Indian Wells Challenger ( and Indian Wells and Miami Masters ) are a week later, just as the Aus Open was. 

The clay and grass season main events will though tie in with last year. 


 Hadnt realised that, presumably though last years masters points for iw and miami drop off mid way through the events so no ranking impact ?


Last year's IW and Miami Masters points will drop off on the Monday following this year's events, since there will be no rankings update midway through these events. So at least these equivalent Masters points will come off and add on the same Monday. 


 Cool. Which week later on do they catch up the calendar, is there a week less during the clay?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 31117
Date:

There's just one week between Miami and Monte Carlo rather than the two weeks last year. So the week seems effectively to be 'lost' at the start of the clay season.

Guess it kind of will be reclaimed whenever the clay and grass seasons next go back a week. But for whatever reasons they don't all choose to move in the same years.

I would guess what prevents this is potential clashes with non tennis events in certain countries, the tennis calendar having to fit in. 



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4973
Date:

indiana wrote:

There's just one week between Miami and Monte Carlo rather than the two weeks last year. So the week seems effectively to be 'lost' at the start of the clay season.

Guess it kind of will be reclaimed whenever the clay and grass seasons next go back a week. But for whatever reasons they don't all choose to move in the same years.

I would guess what prevents this is potential clashes with non tennis events in certain countries, the tennis calendar having to fit in. 


 Looks like in 2019 there was a clear of tournaments week after Miami,  not sure if that was linked to the davis cup and has now been reclaimed? 



__________________
«First  <  113 14 15 | Page of 15  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard