Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Tara Moore


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3589
Date:
Tara Moore


Surely not banned anymore then? Doesnt the ban normally stop you from entering the facility of any event?

__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 735
Date:

I also thought that. During your ban you can't enter any official event sites. I think I read that when Evans was banned.

__________________

Rich2310



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

Rich2310 wrote:

I also thought that. During your ban you can't enter any official event sites. I think I read that when Evans was banned.


 Has she ever been banned though ? 



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1211
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Rich2310 wrote:

I also thought that. During your ban you can't enter any official event sites. I think I read that when Evans was banned.


 Has she ever been banned though ? 


 Yes she has. According to the ITIA website Tara's  sample from Bogota  in April 2022 contained a prohibited substance. The provisional suspension started on 27th May 2022 and has not been lifted. A suspended player is ineligible to compete in or attend any sanctioned tennis events organised by the governing bodies  of the sport from the start of the provisional suspension.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

GAMEOVER wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Rich2310 wrote:

I also thought that. During your ban you can't enter any official event sites. I think I read that when Evans was banned.


 Has she ever been banned though ? 


 Yes she has. According to the ITIA website Tara's  sample from Bogota  in April 2022 contained a prohibited substance. The provisional suspension started on 27th May 2022 and has not been lifted. A suspended player is ineligible to compete in or attend any sanctioned tennis events organised by the governing bodies  of the sport from the start of the provisional suspension.


 Maybe she has effectively served a 12 month ban then, which ended end of May, or her suspension was lifted end of May? 



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1211
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
GAMEOVER wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Rich2310 wrote:

I also thought that. During your ban you can't enter any official event sites. I think I read that when Evans was banned.


 Has she ever been banned though ? 


 Yes she has. According to the ITIA website Tara's  sample from Bogota  in April 2022 contained a prohibited substance. The provisional suspension started on 27th May 2022 and has not been lifted. A suspended player is ineligible to compete in or attend any sanctioned tennis events organised by the governing bodies  of the sport from the start of the provisional suspension.


 Maybe she has effectively served a 12 month ban then, which ended end of May, or her suspension was lifted end of May? 


 If you check up on the ITF tennis.com doping decisions there is no mention of Tara. The decision should be on there if it has been made. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

GAMEOVER wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
GAMEOVER wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Rich2310 wrote:

I also thought that. During your ban you can't enter any official event sites. I think I read that when Evans was banned.


 Has she ever been banned though ? 


 Yes she has. According to the ITIA website Tara's  sample from Bogota  in April 2022 contained a prohibited substance. The provisional suspension started on 27th May 2022 and has not been lifted. A suspended player is ineligible to compete in or attend any sanctioned tennis events organised by the governing bodies  of the sport from the start of the provisional suspension.


 Maybe she has effectively served a 12 month ban then, which ended end of May, or her suspension was lifted end of May? 


 If you check up on the ITF tennis.com doping decisions there is no mention of Tara. The decision should be on there if it has been made. 


 So if she is suspended still, how could she attend the event ? Not sure it makes sense? Could she have retired maybe? Would that make a difference? 



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1211
Date:

The ITIA has a list of retired players going back to January 2015. However Tara is not on the list. Ivo Karlovic is the most recent retiree on 15th June. Both Roger Federer and Serena Williams are on the list as is Johanna Konta. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

GAMEOVER wrote:

The ITIA has a list of retired players going back to January 2015. However Tara is not on the list. Ivo Karlovic is the most recent retiree on 15th June. Both Roger Federer and Serena Williams are on the list as is Johanna Konta. 


 So its a mystery then. Haha. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Moore

FWIW, Wiki describes Tara as a former tennis player.

I know wiki isnt official, in any way, but presumably someone has written that with intent and no one has chosen to modify that description

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Moore

FWIW, Wiki describes Tara as a former tennis player.

I know wiki isnt official, in any way, but presumably someone has written that with intent and no one has chosen to modify that description


 Wiki no longer says former, where it did when I posted the above. 

what exactly is going on with Taras situation- despite the debate above, she hasnt been formal banned or had a hearing that has been made public, has she? And no discussion of her situation at all really? Very strange 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 39681
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Moore

FWIW, Wiki describes Tara as a former tennis player.

I know wiki isnt official, in any way, but presumably someone has written that with intent and no one has chosen to modify that description


 Wiki no longer says former, where it did when I posted the above. 

what exactly is going on with Taras situation- despite the debate above, she hasnt been formal banned or had a hearing that has been made public, has she? And no discussion of her situation at all really? Very strange 


 Just reading that link just now, it now does say "former" early on.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 37250
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Moore

FWIW, Wiki describes Tara as a former tennis player.

I know wiki isnt official, in any way, but presumably someone has written that with intent and no one has chosen to modify that description


 Wiki no longer says former, where it did when I posted the above. 

what exactly is going on with Taras situation- despite the debate above, she hasnt been formal banned or had a hearing that has been made public, has she? And no discussion of her situation at all really? Very strange 


 Just reading that link just now, it now does say "former" early on.


 sorry, it does, for some reason I didnt spot the former earlier on when I read it - suspect it was there, I just missed it. Either way, they are implying she is no longer a tennis player, whoever wrote it!  

 

Tara Shanice Moore (born 6 August 1992) is a Hong Kong-born British former tennis player.



__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Moore

FWIW, Wiki describes Tara as a former tennis player.

I know wiki isnt official, in any way, but presumably someone has written that with intent and no one has chosen to modify that description


 Wiki no longer says former, where it did when I posted the above. 

what exactly is going on with Taras situation- despite the debate above, she hasnt been formal banned or had a hearing that has been made public, has she? And no discussion of her situation at all really? Very strange 


 Just reading that link just now, it now does say "former" early on.


 sorry, it does, for some reason I didnt spot the former earlier on when I read it - suspect it was there, I just missed it. Either way, they are implying she is no longer a tennis player, whoever wrote it!  

 

Tara Shanice Moore (born 6 August 1992) is a Hong Kong-born British former tennis player.


 I'd wait to hear it from the horse's mouth before believing a Wikipedia post which can be edited by anyone.



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2020
Date:

Tara appears to be coaching
https://communitysw.com/indiana-premier-tennis/#gallery-details-tara-moore

__________________
«First  <  14 5 6 7 811  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard