Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Elena Baltacha


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 336
Date:
Elena Baltacha


There are probably a lot of people, myself included, who perhaps failed to appreciate just what she may have had to go through just to get on court so with that in mind I think she did very well to reach the level she did. And yes no one should have to die at such a young age.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38713
Date:

Nicholas Kyrgios @NickKyrgios May 4

I want to dedicate my win today to Elena Baltacha & the @ElenaFoundation as well as anyone else affected by cancer in some way. #RIPBally
276 retweets 697 likes


__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date:

3 years already.
Never forgotten for a second.
Love to all at EBAT so beautifully continuing the legacy.
Bally



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1632
Date:

My favourite player could have been top 20 if she didn't experience the health problems. RIP Bally your legacy lives on

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 528
Date:

Here is a young Elena giving her Dad English lessons. Very sweet.

I was watching the documentary when this came up to my surprise. I looked it up and they only had 1 daughter so it's definitely her. You will find it at the 33.00 minute mark in the vid.


www.youtube.com/watch




__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 5110
Date:

I am consistently hard ont he WTA (possibly too hard).
So it's nice to point out when they do well.

They have been regular and eager supporters of maintaining Bally's legacy, and keeping her flame alive.

They do so again today: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/elena-baltacha-foundation-awards-celebrate-successful-2017

For me personally, and I imagine others here too, this support means a lot. Her light will never go out.
Thank you.



__________________

Data I post, opinions I offer, 'facts' I assert, are almost certainly all stupidly wrong.



Intermediate Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 389
Date:

Five years today.

Admired the way Anne Keothavong and Judy Murray have remembered Bally this week. The pictures in this article pretty perfectly capture the spirit of the lady, a smile like a pinball machine all lit up when you hit the bonuses.

Her light will never go out.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16768
Date:

Status Quo wrote:

Five years today.

Admired the way Anne Keothavong and Judy Murray have remembered Bally this week. The pictures in this article pretty perfectly capture the spirit of the lady, a smile like a pinball machine all lit up when you hit the bonuses.

Her light will never go out.


I was in the Madrid stadium when the players and staff all came out to pay homage to Bally.  Was it really 5 years ago already ?  It was very emotional.



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 7056
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:
Status Quo wrote:

Five years today.

Admired the way Anne Keothavong and Judy Murray have remembered Bally this week. The pictures in this article pretty perfectly capture the spirit of the lady, a smile like a pinball machine all lit up when you hit the bonuses.

Her light will never go out.


I was in the Madrid stadium when the players and staff all came out to pay homage to Bally.  Was it really 5 years ago already ?  It was very emotional.


Yes thanks for sharing SQ, it's a wonderful article, and certainly one that brings a tear to the eye too. 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

That is a wonderful article and she is clearly sadly missed by many. Her husband, Nick, seems like a nice guy and I hope he has been able to move on with his life over these years.

I saw from this thread that our old members Blob and Imsomniacfolder both last posted here 12 months ago and 24 months ago respectively. I hope Blob is well as he was a well respected poster and I think people speculated on ISF in posts a while back, so wont go through that speculation again.

__________________
JonH


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Btw I posted something here last night, and it had disappeared this morning. Not sure why,it was definitely in this thread? Anyone else ever have that happen? Not sure if any mods ever delete posts? Not that it was important but it was most definitely here!

__________________
JonH


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 38713
Date:

JonH wrote:

Btw I posted something here last night, and it had disappeared this morning. Not sure why,it was definitely in this thread? Anyone else ever have that happen? Not sure if any mods ever delete posts? Not that it was important but it was most definitely here!


 Was your previous post the one mentioning your wife? I certainly saw that one early this morning and it doesn't seem to be here any more. I've no idea why, though, but just to give a timeline (i.e. it was here at 8.15 or so)



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
JonH wrote:

Btw I posted something here last night, and it had disappeared this morning. Not sure why,it was definitely in this thread? Anyone else ever have that happen? Not sure if any mods ever delete posts? Not that it was important but it was most definitely here!


 Was your previous post the one mentioning your wife? I certainly saw that one early this morning and it doesn't seem to be here any more. I've no idea why, though, but just to give a timeline (i.e. it was here at 8.15 or so)


 It was ! I'm not going totally mad then! 

Ps my bad ! Thanks wolf 



-- Edited by JonH on Sunday 5th of May 2019 09:11:12 AM

__________________
JonH


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6109
Date:

Deleted 


-- Edited by JonH on Sunday 5th of May 2019 09:06:37 AM



-- Edited by JonH on Sunday 5th of May 2019 09:10:25 AM

__________________
JonH


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10492
Date:

It's in the Estoril thread, John.

PS Bally's husband's name is Nino, not Nick.

__________________
«First  <  17 8 9 10  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard