Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 11 - Qatar F3 - Doha ($15,000) (hard)


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:
RE: Week 11 - Qatar F3 - Doha ($15,000) (hard)


L32:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated Marek Gengel (CZE) WR 601 by 4 & 2



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

L32:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated Marek Gengel (CZE) WR 601 by 4 & 2


L32:  (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824 defeated (Q) Thomas Colautti WR 1276 by 7-6(3) 6-3

Thomas served for the first set at 5-4 after coming back from 1-3*.  hmm

*****

L16:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 vs (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L32:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated Marek Gengel (CZE) WR 601 by 4 & 2


L32:  (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824 defeated (Q) Thomas Colautti WR 1276 by 7-6(3) 6-3

Thomas served for the first set at 5-4 after coming back from 1-3*.  hmm

*****

L16:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 vs (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824


L32:  (PR) James Ward WR 815 defeated (Q) Riccardo Maiga (ITA) WR 1295 by 4 & 5

*****

L16:  (PR) James Ward WR 815 vs (2) Daniel Altmaier (GER) WR 297 (CH = 210 last July)



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

L16:  (2) Daniel Altmaier (GER) WR 297 defeated (PR) James Ward WR 815 by 4 & 4  cry



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

L16:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824 by 6-4 4-6 6-4



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

L16:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824 by 6-4 4-6 6-4


QF:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 vs (6) Jan Mertl (CZE) WR 507 (CH = 163 - he's 36 now, but obviously still quite handy at Futures level)



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1720
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L16:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824 by 6-4 4-6 6-4


QF:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 vs (6) Jan Mertl (CZE) WR 507 (CH = 163 - he's 36 now, but obviously still quite handy at Futures level)


 Jay should still win this though. 



__________________

World renowned expert in Nordic tennis. 



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

Vandenburg wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L16:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated (Q) Gabor Borsos (HUN) WR 824 by 6-4 4-6 6-4


QF:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 vs (6) Jan Mertl (CZE) WR 507 (CH = 163 - he's 36 now, but obviously still quite handy at Futures level)


 Jay should still win this though. 


I wasn't implying that he wouldn't, merely commenting on a biographical detail:

QF:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated (6) Jan Mertl (CZE) WR 507 by 6-1 7-6(2)  smile



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

SF:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 vs Omar Giacalone (ITA) WR 594 (CH = 327 in September 2015)



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 25666
Date:

Jay has now so far precisely covered the points he has in total due to come off over the Indian Wells and Miami fortnights. 18 + 2 + 2 = 22 coming off. So far 6 + 10 + 6 = 22 going on.

He can still additionally count any further wins here and the San Luis Potosi Challenger in Week 13 for the 02/04 rankings.

After Miami he has only 6 points ( on 23/04 ) due off before the grass season ( 20 points from Ilkley on 25/06 and 16 from Wimbledon qualifying on 16/07 ) so real opportunity to push up his current WR 268 in the next couple of weeks or so and more in the following 2 to 3 months.



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1720
Date:

indiana wrote:

Jay has now so far precisely covered the points he has in total due to come off over the Indian Wells and Miami fortnights. 18 + 2 + 2 = 22 coming off. So far 6 + 10 + 6 = 22 going on.

He can still additionally count any further wins here and the San Luis Potosi Challenger in Week 13 for the 02/04 rankings.

After Miami he has only 6 points ( on 23/04 ) due off before the grass season ( 20 points from Ilkley on 25/06 and 16 from Wimbledon qualifying on 16/07 ) so real opportunity to push up his current WR 268 in the next couple of weeks or so and more in the following 2 to 3 months.


 I would say the following for Jay, if his year end ranking is:

top 100-Amazing

100-150- Very well done

150-200- A very nice solid year

200-250-Stalling

250-300-Signing up to be part of Generation fail. 



__________________

World renowned expert in Nordic tennis. 



Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2210
Date:

I would more or less agree with that Vandy, maybe a little bitt more extension on the last one.

__________________

Keep Scotland tidy, bin the Tories and the politics of greed.



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 25666
Date:

Yes, re the last one, Jay started the year WR 255. So a player that doesn't advance his ranking at all in the year of his 20th birthday is set to be a failure, no young player having ever plateaued or even dropped back a bit in the rankings one year before progressing again?? Would you maybe like to expand on how you would view his future prospects if ranked 250 - 300?

Hopefully of course he will progress forward by the year end and I think that he will. I believe that it has even been suggested that he might be WR 132 come November 



__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 582
Date:

I think if Jay isn't within the top 220 range, ideally in the top 200 by the end of the year it will be disappointing (unless injured). But then again, he will only be 20 and that is really young still.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 26939
Date:

SF:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 defeated Omar Giacalone (ITA) WR 594 by 2 & 4

*****

Final:  (1) Jay Clarke WR 268 vs (7) Pietro Rondoni (ITA) WR 508 (= CH)

Rondoni was given a walkover against the second seed, Altmaier.



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard