Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: My friend Marjory


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1720
Date:
My friend Marjory


So sorry to hear this Jon, I can understand how sad you must be feeling and I send sincere condolences to you and your wife. In time the sadness will start to fade and will gradually be replaced by the happy memories of the time you spent with Marjorie. It sounds as though the medics had done all they could and it was just a matter of time, so in the circumstances I think it's probably better she didn't linger and suffer for too long. She is at peace now. Meanwhile enjoy the tennis as much as you can. xx

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39907
Date:

Very sorry re the news. At least she is in peace and had the friendship of some lovely people in her last few years.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38363
Date:

Thank you all - we are toasting marjorys life with a glass of Prosecco. Felt apt - she kept saying how shed love a glass of Prosecco and never , of course, did. She did have a sherry last Xmas though!

Thanks all - feel fine, happy it didnt linger for her as SuperT said.

Onwards - Cam needs our support (well mine, my wife cant stand tennis!) and Marjory used to watch Wimbledon avidly - she couldnt stand that Novak man though , horrible person, haha. So we need Cam to pull something off here!

__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1720
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Thank you all - we are toasting marjorys life with a glass of Prosecco. Felt apt - she kept saying how shed love a glass of Prosecco and never , of course, did. She did have a sherry last Xmas though!

Thanks all - feel fine, happy it didnt linger for her as SuperT said.

Onwards - Cam needs our support (well mine, my wife cant stand tennis!) and Marjory used to watch Wimbledon avidly - she couldnt stand that Novak man though , horrible person, haha. So we need Cam to pull something off here!


 "she couldn't stand that Novak man though"  

Marjory clearly had very good taste.  Cheers Jon

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38363
Date:

SuperT wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Thank you all - we are toasting marjorys life with a glass of Prosecco. Felt apt - she kept saying how shed love a glass of Prosecco and never , of course, did. She did have a sherry last Xmas though!

Thanks all - feel fine, happy it didnt linger for her as SuperT said.

Onwards - Cam needs our support (well mine, my wife cant stand tennis!) and Marjory used to watch Wimbledon avidly - she couldnt stand that Novak man though , horrible person, haha. So we need Cam to pull something off here!


 "she couldn't stand that Novak man though"  

Marjory clearly had very good taste.  Cheers Jon

 


 Cheers indeed! 



__________________
Jan


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7816
Date:

Ah, sorry to hear the sad news about Marjory, but be glad to have known her and been able to offer friendship and care.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38363
Date:

Jan wrote:

Ah, sorry to hear the sad news about Marjory, but be glad to have known her and been able to offer friendship and care.


 Thank you Jan! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53646
Date:

All the very best to you, your family, Marjory's family, and her memory - here's to friends and family

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38363
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:

All the very best to you, your family, Marjory's family, and her memory - here's to friends and family


 Definitely agreed, CD!



__________________


Challenger level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2547
Date:

Best wishes to you Jon, and to both your and Marjory's family. I wonder if she would raise a wry smile at people she never met commiserating her passing like this? She had a good friend in you Jon and when it comes to it, thats the only thing that counts

__________________

 Its really not as bad as they say :)



Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38363
Date:

Shhh wrote:

Best wishes to you Jon, and to both your and Marjory's family. I wonder if she would raise a wry smile at people she never met commiserating her passing like this? She had a good friend in you Jon and when it comes to it, thats the only thing that counts


 She had a thing where she would wrinkle her nose and chuckle - I can see that now! Thanks Shhh!



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4586
Date:

Sorry for your loss Jon, as everyone above has said its nice to see people come together and offer some kind words to a remarkable lady. May she rest in peace. x

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38363
Date:

Jaggy1876 wrote:

Sorry for your loss Jon, as everyone above has said its nice to see people come together and offer some kind words to a remarkable lady. May she rest in peace. x


 thanks Jaggy, kind words, appreciated



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard