Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 39 - ATP Challenger 125 - Co'met Open - Orléans, France (indoor hard)


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 52395
Date:
RE: Week 39 - ATP Challenger 125 - Co'met Open - Orléans, France (indoor hard)


Smudge226 wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L16:  (8) Jack Draper WR 106 defeated (Q) Tristan Lamasine (FRA) WR 356 by 4 & 4


L16:  (Q) Arthur Féry WR 389 defeated Giulio Zeppieri (ITA) WR 139 by 6-4 7-6(2)  biggrin

Gasquet or Ymer (LL) in the QF.


 it doesn't really matter but Arthur is actually ranked WR 362 as of this week's rankings 


 A couple of great results there, especially for Fery. I read he is five foot eight, shorter than Evans but does possess a two handed bh..


 Yes, 173 cm, I think, officially (and tbh, I think the 'official' heights are always a fraction on the generous side) 

Definitely a touch shorter than Evans but a touch taller than Cox, I would say - just eyeballing it, from having been up close to all three

 

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52937
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L16:  (8) Jack Draper WR 106 defeated (Q) Tristan Lamasine (FRA) WR 356 by 4 & 4


L16:  (Q) Arthur Féry WR 389 defeated Giulio Zeppieri (ITA) WR 139 by 6-4 7-6(2)  biggrin

Gasquet (1) or Ymer (LL) in the QF.


 it doesn't really matter but Arthur is actually ranked WR 362 as of this week's rankings 


Whoops!  I've been religiously checking rankings since the new ones were released &, for some reason, I forgot to do those two.    Corrected in my original post.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 35621
Date:

big matches next for both Jack and Arthur

Jack is live 102 , 1 place behind Liam who is now down to 101. A win for Jack will move him above Liam and into the top 100 as well

Arthur has risen 43 places this week, another win will take him top 300, although he is already at a clear CH ranking level

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 480
Date:

wales1994 wrote:
Smudge226 wrote:
Coup Droit wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

L16:  (8) Jack Draper WR 106 defeated (Q) Tristan Lamasine (FRA) WR 356 by 4 & 4


L16:  (Q) Arthur Féry WR 389 defeated Giulio Zeppieri (ITA) WR 139 by 6-4 7-6(2)  biggrin

Gasquet or Ymer (LL) in the QF.


 it doesn't really matter but Arthur is actually ranked WR 362 as of this week's rankings 


 A couple of great results there, especially for Fery. I read he is five foot eight, shorter than Evans but does possess a two handed bh..


 Diego Schwartzmann made it to #8 and a slam semifinal at all of 5'7! But yeah, that's definitely an anomaly


 No way is Schwartzman 5'7". ATP at its most generous.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52937
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
QF:   (8) Jack Draper WR 106 vs (ALT) Gijs Brouwer (NED) WR 174 (CH = 114 in February)

QF:  (1) Richard Gasquet (FRA) WR 64 (CH = 7 in July 2007 - he's now 37) vs (Q) Arthur Féry WR 362



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 35621
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
QF:   (8) Jack Draper WR 106 vs (ALT) Gijs Brouwer (NED) WR 174 (CH = 114 in February)

QF:  (1) Richard Gasquet (FRA) WR 64 (CH = 7 in July 2007 - he's now 37) vs (Q) Arthur Féry WR 362


 What an opportunity for Arthur to play such an experienced and well known player. Past his prime but still ranked highly and Arthur needs to grab this opportunity whatever the result. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 52395
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
QF:   (8) Jack Draper WR 106 vs (ALT) Gijs Brouwer (NED) WR 174 (CH = 114 in February)

QF:  (1) Richard Gasquet (FRA) WR 64 (CH = 7 in July 2007 - he's now 37) vs (Q) Arthur Féry WR 362


 I expect they'll be a brilliant atmosphere - the French crowd do love Gasquet.....



__________________


ATP level

Status: Offline
Posts: 3210
Date:

I'd say Arthur is about my height so somewhere between 5'6 and 5'7.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52937
Date:

QF:   (8) Jack Draper WR 106 defeated (ALT) Gijs Brouwer (NED) WR 174 by 1 & 4  smile



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 17138
Date:

Back in the top 100 now?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 52937
Date:

SF:   (8) Jack Draper WR 106 vs (WC/2) Luca van Assche (FRA) WR 69 (CH = 64 last month)



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1854
Date:

Live 96. 



__________________


Improver

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:

Arthur into a 3rd set against Gasquet- keep going!!

__________________


Challenger level

Status: Offline
Posts: 2440
Date:

Bittersweet if it knocks Liam out of the top 100 though.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 39453
Date:

Priesty wrote:

Bittersweet if it knocks Liam out of the top 100 though.


 Liam would be be out of the top 100 on Monday whatever Jack did here. He is now live #103.

And with Liam 1) the real biggie is that he did get into the top 100 and 2) he still stands a very decent chance of getting back there if he can pick up a few more points this year.

By the way according to Steven's table in the stats section, it is nearly half a century since we ended the year wirh 5 men in the singles top 100. 1977 to be precise. It would be great to see both Jack and Liam end 2023 there.



-- Edited by indiana on Friday 29th of September 2023 06:26:58 PM



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard