Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 37 - 2023 Davis Cup Finals, Group Stage - (Indoor Hard)


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:
Week 37 - Davis Cup Finals - Manchester (Indoor Hard)


Crowds terrible in Manchester today

www.tennis.com/baseline/articles/did-serena-williams-just-call-out-simona-halep-supreme-shade-doping-wimbledon

Scroll below the Halep article

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:

And more

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-12509697/Stan-Wawrinka-Gerard-Pique-Davis-Cup-Switzerland-France.html

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

And more

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-12509697/Stan-Wawrinka-Gerard-Pique-Davis-Cup-Switzerland-France.html


 Well done Stan for laying the blame squarely at Piquet, Kosmos & ITF door over this whole shambolic format change. It was fine as it was and that has now been proven. No home fans, no show.. Home and away worked.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:

Indeed - why would you go to watch Mannarino v Stricker as a choice on a Tuesday afternoon, really ?!


__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53234
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Indeed - why would you go to watch Mannarino v Stricker as a choice on a Tuesday afternoon, really ?!


 Well, I would, happily  

As long as it were less than a tenner. I don't really care about Davis Cup at the best of times, so I wouldn't pay much for it.

But I know exactly what you mean, Jon - it's hardly a major crowd attraction  



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Indeed - why would you go to watch Mannarino v Stricker as a choice on a Tuesday afternoon, really ?!


 Well, I would, happily  

As long as it were less than a tenner. I don't really care about Davis Cup at the best of times, so I wouldn't pay much for it.

But I know exactly what you mean, Jon - it's hardly a major crowd attraction  


 actually I probably would as well biggrin - chose a bad example but the point stays the same as you say!!



__________________


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1702
Date:

Does anyone know what the order of play is today?

__________________


Strong Club Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 508
Date:

SuperT wrote:

Does anyone know what the order of play is today?


 I think nominations need to made an hour before the first rubber start time. So with a 1pm start I assume we should be informed at 12 noon.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:

This is the line up on the Dc website - which is interesting if correct and Dan is playing two matches in a row! And Cam is left out for Dan and Jack

If this is correct, I would reckon 1 all after singles and then a tough doubles fight out which could go either way

MATCH 1
Thanasi KOKKINAKIS
Jack DRAPER

MATCH 2
Alex DE MINAUR
Daniel EVANS
MATCH 3

Matthew EBDEN
Max PURCELL
Daniel EVANS
Neal SKUPSKI

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:

www.daviscup.com/en/draws-results/tie.aspx

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:

From the BBC

Today's matches
published at 13:03
13:03
Great Britain v Australia
The big news to start us off is that neither Andy Murray nor Cameron Norrie will not be in action today for Great Britain.

Jack Draper, 21, who reached the fourth round of the US Open earlier this month starts off against Thanasi Kokkinakis before Dan Evans faces world number 12 Alex de Minaur. Evans and Neal Skupski are then in doubles action against the pairing of Matthew Ebden and Max Purcell.

Jack Draper v Thanasi Kokkinakis
Dan Evans v Alex De Minaur
Dan Evans / Neal Skupski v Matthew Ebden / Max Purcell

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37483
Date:

crowd looks good size today, shows what a difference the home team playing makes.

Sadly, cant watch it due to work, but will keep an eye on scores

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 20800
Date:

Nice double negative from the Beeb. I don't think they ever read what they type on that live feed.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 54076
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

The big news to start us off is that neither Andy Murray nor Cameron Norrie will not be in action today for Great Britain.


confuse 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 54076
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

The big news to start us off is that neither Andy Murray nor Cameron Norrie will not be in action today for Great Britain.


confuse 


I now see that that is a direct quote from the three stooges at the Beeb in charge of the live text commentary on the event.  Shame on them!  furious



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 423  >  Last»  | Page of 23  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard