Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 37 - 2023 Davis Cup Finals, Group Stage - (Indoor Hard)
Var


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 812
Date:
RE: Week 37 - Davis Cup Finals, Group Stage - (Indoor Hard)


JonH comes home wrote:

Cam fighting back, break up.

Certain to be Dan and Neal


 If Cam won this I am assuming it would be a dead rubber, and they wouldn't play the doubles?



__________________
VRoberts


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39704
Date:

Var wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Cam fighting back, break up.

Certain to be Dan and Neal


 If Cam won this I am assuming it would be a dead rubber, and they wouldn't play the doubles?


 Certainly it wouldn't affect any of the final group positions. GB would have won the group with Australia second.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37371
Date:

Var wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Cam fighting back, break up.

Certain to be Dan and Neal


 If Cam won this I am assuming it would be a dead rubber, and they wouldn't play the doubles?


 Yeah, they wouldnt play it



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 37371
Date:

Set all, well done Cam

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39704
Date:

Cam takes the second set on his 5th SP.

6-7(5) 6-3

__________________


Club Coach

Status: Offline
Posts: 705
Date:

On a scale of 1 - 10, how apoplectic are people that the Davis Cup gets zero ranking points?

__________________
Henman TID


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39704
Date:

The 4 group winners will be Canada, Czech Republic, Netherlands, and GB or France.

The 4 runners-up will be Italy, Serbia, Finland, and Australia.

Group winners will play group RUs in the QF.  No doubt not quite the line-up they hoped for!!



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39704
Date:

So getting to the nitty gritty, 4-4*

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54002
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

First one in the bag:

RR3/1:  GB (Daniel Evans WR 27) defeated FRA (Arthur Fils, WR 44) by 3-6 6-3 6-4  smile

I think he was quite pleased...


Umbert nicks it:

RR3/2:  FRA (Ugo Umbert, WR 36) defeated GB (Cameron Norrie, WR 17) by 7-6(5) 3-6 7-5  cry

Cam double-faulted on match point to Umbert.  Into a decider.  hmm



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39704
Date:

Bah 


With GB having won just 2 out of 8 first sets this week and previously 4 out of 4 third set deciders, it's been a bit of a scramble all week and Cam didn't get out of this one.

So to the doubles to decide if we advance to Malaga as group winners or we're out. All the best, guys.



-- Edited by indiana on Sunday 17th of September 2023 05:40:02 PM

__________________
Var


County player

Status: Offline
Posts: 812
Date:

indiana wrote:

Bah 


With GB having won just 2 out of 8 first sets this week and previously 4 out of 4 third set deciders, it's been a bit of a scramble all week and Cam didn't get out of this one.

So to the doubles to decide if we advance to Malaga as group winners or we're out. All the best, guys.



-- Edited by indiana on Sunday 17th of September 2023 05:40:02 PM


 Dan deserves to get Player of the Month if he pulls this one out of the bag in the doubles. Absolute respect for Evo.



__________________
VRoberts


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19110
Date:

Var wrote:
 Dan deserves to get Player of the Month if he pulls this one out of the bag in the doubles. Absolute respect for Evo.

 Comments like this always interest me.  "If Evo pulls it out of the bag."  What about Neal ?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54002
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
[...]  Into a decider.  hmm

Dan & Neal vs Mahut & ERV?  no



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39704
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
[...]  Into a decider.  hmm

Dan & Neal vs Mahut & ERV?  no


 The anticipated and surely our best available selection.



__________________


Intermediate Club Player

Status: Online
Posts: 378
Date:

Norrie should not have been picked and has been playing poorly for months . What on earth was Smith thinking ?



__________________
«First  <  112 13 14 15 1623  >  Last»  | Page of 23  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard