Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 9 - ITF M25 - Loulé, Portugal (hard)


ATP level

Status: Offline
Posts: 3277
Date:
Week 9 - ITF M25 - Loulé, Portugal (hard)


In Aidans defence, he didn't get great results in the 25ks last year but stepped up to Challenger level and started to win again.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54004
Date:

And he's still not getting great results in M25s:

L32:  Clément Chidekh (FRA) WR 404 defeated Aidan McHugh WR 428 by 3 & 4  cry



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54004
Date:

Not unexpectedly:

L32:  (1) Michael Geerts (BEL) WR 238 defeated (Q) Sean Hodkin WR 1203 by 4 & 1



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4585
Date:

Both those results again almost exactly what was expected. We have a big problem on the mens side that once Andy and probably Dan go we are going to be left with just Cam and Jack.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53185
Date:

Yep, that was easy money at the bookies.....which is skant relief :(

And, yep, the male side might look rather skinny soon....

We have some interesting US college players (Arthur, Jack PJ, maybe JoMo etc) as well as George, Anton etc who may come good.... But there's certainly no new guys in the 100-300 who are really on the brink of coming through.

But sometimes tennis can be pretty surprising

Maybe Jan will suddenly jump 100 places or an even more outlier will come through





__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4585
Date:

Liam or Ryan might nudge the top 100 at best but no more than that. After that I cant see any of the current ranked players doing that realistically.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54004
Date:

Billy makes it one from three:

L32:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 defeated (Q) Pedro Araujo (POR) WR 643 by 6-4 4-6 6-3

*****

L16:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 vs (PR) Lucas Poullain (FRA) WR 847 (CH = 426 in May 2021)



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53185
Date:

Jaggy1876 wrote:

Liam or Ryan might nudge the top 100 at best but no more than that. After that I cant see any of the current ranked players doing that realistically.


 I agree with the first bit.

And the second in the short term

But players like Arthur are no worse than Liam and Ryan. So if the last two could maybe scrape in the top-100 (which seems quite possible/likely), then there's no reason players like Arthur can't either, really. Though I guess you'd rather not wait 7 years or so before our next top-100 player :(

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19110
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

Billy makes it one from three:

L32:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 defeated (Q) Pedro Araujo (POR) WR 643 by 6-4 4-6 6-3

*****

L16:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 vs (PR) Lucas Poullain (FRA) WR 847 (CH = 426 in May 2021)


Read that as Lucas Pouille at first.  Phew.

Whatever happened to him ?  CH 10 and now in the 450 range.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53185
Date:

Bob in Spain wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

Billy makes it one from three:

L32:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 defeated (Q) Pedro Araujo (POR) WR 643 by 6-4 4-6 6-3

*****

L16:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 vs (PR) Lucas Poullain (FRA) WR 847 (CH = 426 in May 2021)


Read that as Lucas Pouille at first.  Phew.

Whatever happened to him ?  CH 10 and now in the 450 range.


 Lucas Pouille had 18 months where he couldn't touch a racket - right elbow surgery and injury 

Then tried to come back but was peppered with little injuries 

And then got really down on himself - just played worse and worse, vicious cycle, and last year I think he stopped altogether, before deciding he was going to have one last push, to try and make the Paris Olympics, I think 

Injuries are awful.....

But, yep, still pleased that Billy has Poullain, not Pouille  :)



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19110
Date:

Coup Droit wrote:
Bob in Spain wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:

Billy makes it one from three:

L32:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 defeated (Q) Pedro Araujo (POR) WR 643 by 6-4 4-6 6-3

*****

L16:  (8) Billy Harris WR 372 vs (PR) Lucas Poullain (FRA) WR 847 (CH = 426 in May 2021)


Read that as Lucas Pouille at first.  Phew.

Whatever happened to him ?  CH 10 and now in the 450 range.


 Lucas Pouille had 18 months where he couldn't touch a racket - right elbow surgery and injury 

Then tried to come back but was peppered with little injuries 

And then got really down on himself - just played worse and worse, vicious cycle, and last year I think he stopped altogether, before deciding he was going to have one last push, to try and make the Paris Olympics, I think 

Injuries are awful.....

But, yep, still pleased that Billy has Poullain, not Pouille  :)


 Thanks. Had no idea.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54004
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:

L16:  (1) Jesper de Jong (NED) & Aidan McHugh CR 526 (184+342) defeated Pedro Araujo & Guy den Ouden (POR/NED) CR 2391 (1160+1231) by 2 & 4

*****

QF:  (1) Jesper de Jong (NED) & Aidan McHugh CR 526 (184+342) vs Tiago Pereira & Henrique Roche (POR/POR) CR 1643 (965+678)


L16:  Sean Hodkin & Harry Wendelken CR 1820 (1222+598) defeated Dhruva Mulye & Hillel Rousseau (USA/HAI) CR 4111 (2058+2053) by 3-6 6-3 [10-3]

*****

QF:  Sean Hodkin & Harry Wendelken CR 1820 (1222+598) vs (4) Mats Hermans & Mick Veldheer (NED/NED) CR 787 (427+360)



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54004
Date:

L16:  (PR) Lucas Poullain (FRA) WR 847 defeated (8) Billy Harris WR 372 by 4 & 3  cry



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 54004
Date:

QF:  (4) Mats Hermans & Mick Veldheer (NED/NED) CR 787 (427+360) defeated Sean Hodkin & Harry Wendelken CR 1820 (1222+598) by 4-6 7-6(5) [10-6]  hmm



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 53185
Date:

Finally, a win in Portugal, as Aidan and partner manage their doubles....

Re Billy, worth bearing in mind that Poullain won the event here last week, so is on form, and his ranking will soar up next week

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard