Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Week 29/30 - 2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo, Japan - men's tennis event (hard)


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16738
Date:
RE: Week 29/30 - 2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo, Japan - men's tennis event


Stircrazy wrote:
Nix wrote:

How disappointing for them. It's not just being involved in the matches it's missing out on the whole Olympic experience. What a shame.


I'm not sure how much of a true "Olympic experience" it will be in Tokyo in the absence of any spectators.  I'm not even sure I can be bothered to watch.  It just won't be the same.  It seems to be becoming more & more devalued by the minute.  cry


 Have to say the Olympics as a whole leaves me cold this year. Much like football did until the euros. 



__________________


Challenger qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 2117
Date:

Stircrazy wrote:
Nix wrote:

How disappointing for them. It's not just being involved in the matches it's missing out on the whole Olympic experience. What a shame.


I'm not sure how much of a true "Olympic experience" it will be in Tokyo in the absence of any spectators.  I'm not even sure I can be bothered to watch.  It just won't be the same.  It seems to be becoming more & more devalued by the minute.  cry


 Not to the competitors that have trained and prepared for this for 5 years now.  It's not going to be the experience they hoped for but if anything it will mean as much if not more to the athletes.



__________________


Pro player

Status: Offline
Posts: 1160
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
Nix wrote:

How disappointing for them. It's not just being involved in the matches it's missing out on the whole Olympic experience. What a shame.


I'm not sure how much of a true "Olympic experience" it will be in Tokyo in the absence of any spectators.  I'm not even sure I can be bothered to watch.  It just won't be the same.  It seems to be becoming more & more devalued by the minute.  cry


 Have to say the Olympics as a whole leaves me cold this year. Much like football did until the euros. 


 Euros? When are they on?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16738
Date:

christ wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
Stircrazy wrote:
Nix wrote:

How disappointing for them. It's not just being involved in the matches it's missing out on the whole Olympic experience. What a shame.


I'm not sure how much of a true "Olympic experience" it will be in Tokyo in the absence of any spectators.  I'm not even sure I can be bothered to watch.  It just won't be the same.  It seems to be becoming more & more devalued by the minute.  cry


 Have to say the Olympics as a whole leaves me cold this year. Much like football did until the euros. 


 Euros? When are they on?


 2024 apparently 



__________________


Junior player

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

At this point, could Jamie make the selection or is it too late?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16738
Date:

Crispy wrote:

At this point, could Jamie make the selection or is it too late?


 Looking at wiki, theyve left it with Neal in and a blank so presumably jamie or someone high enough could replace Dan? 

neal and Jamie would be a turn up; would Ken be high enough to make it as an option ?

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Qualification



__________________


Junior player

Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Date:

Just announced that Jamie is now our replacement! (Hope their breakup was on good terms...!)

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16738
Date:

Crispy wrote:

Just announced that Jamie is now our replacement! (Hope their breakup was on good terms...!)


 I guess it is for the greater good! 

 

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39995
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
Crispy wrote:

Just announced that Jamie is now our replacement! (Hope their breakup was on good terms...!)


 I guess it is for the greater good!


At least they will be familiar with one another's strengths & weaknesses!  wink



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16738
Date:

Looking at the list, assuming seedings are done on combined doubles ranking only (not singles) then Jamie and Neal would be 5th seeds or thereabouts - anyone know if that is how it is done? In a 32 draw, presumably Olympics has 8 seeds in the mens doubles??

__________________


Satellite level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1375
Date:

That's a good outcome. Makes two people happy and as you say, they're very familiar with each other - it'll be quite the story if they win the thing now!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10601
Date:

goldfish wrote:

Is there a rule that prevents you being drawn against your fellow countrymen in R1 or is that just ridiculously hopeful?


You can't even be drawn in the same section. For instance if a a country has four singles players they will all be in different quarters of the draw. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10601
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Looking at the list, assuming seedings are done on combined doubles ranking only (not singles) then Jamie and Neal would be 5th seeds or thereabouts - anyone know if that is how it is done? In a 32 draw, presumably Olympics has 8 seeds in the mens doubles??


8 seeds, but this is normally the only tournament where singles rankings can be used for doubles. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10601
Date:

All doubles matches will have a MTB here, BTW. Not sure about sudden death deuce.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 16738
Date:
Week 29/30 - 2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo, Japan - men's tennis event (hard)


a link to the draws

twitter.com/josemorgado/status/1418040715473559553/photo/1

 

https://twitter.com/josemorgado/status/1418041246820544517/photo/1

Andy is playing FAA
Liam is playing a winnable match v Cerundulo

Joe and Andy play Herbert and Mahut
Neal and Jamie play Molteni and Zeballos



-- Edited by JonH comes home on Thursday 22nd of July 2021 10:53:00 AM

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 414  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard