Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Entries Week 12 - 22/03/21


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1974
Date:
Entries Week 12 - 22/03/21


paulisi wrote:

It is actually 7 of the top 20 that have withdrawn. Thiem is the other big name gone


 6/7 depending if you count Stan with his entry ranking or his current ranking. Think its 12 of the top 50 not there.

Prize money greatly reduced must be playing some part:

 

2021Prize Money $ USDPrize Money £ GBPPrize Money EUR% Change vs 2020
Winner$300,110£215,411252,301-77.96%
Runner-up$165,000£118,433138,715-76.21%
Semifinal$93,000£66,75378,185-74.08%
Quarterfinal$61,000£43,78451,282-67.24%
Round 4$40,000£28,71133,628-57.43%
Round 3$26,000£18,66221,858-49.90%
Round 2$16,000£11,48413,451-44.91%
Round 1$10,000£7,1788,407-44.92%
Q2$5,890£4,2284,952-35.35%
Q1$3,100£2,2252,606-35.21%

 

2020Prize Money $ USDPrize Money £ GBPPrize Money EUR% Change vs 2019
Winner$1,361,360£1,077,4861,215,7440.54%
Runner-up$693,670£549,024619,4731.12%
Semifinal$358,795£283,978320,4171.35%
Quarterfinal$186,230£147,397166,3102.32%
Round 4$93,965£74,37183,9143.03%
Round 3$51,895£41,07446,3446.40%
Round 2$29,045£22,98825,9389.89%
Round 1$18,155£14,36916,21310.53%
Q2$9,110£7,2108,13634.17%
Q1$4,785£3,7874,273

Source: https://www.perfect-tennis.com/prize-money/miami-open/#Prize_Money_Breakdown_for_Miami_Open_2021



-- Edited by Madadman on Friday 19th of March 2021 11:55:47 PM

__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4774
Date:

Other than Miami, are there any other US tournaments just now? More likely trekking all the way over to the US only to come back to the European clay courts plays more of a part than money, which for the big 3, you would think they would have more than enough money.


__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 34164
Date:

flamingowings wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Djoko has withdrawn from Miami, that will move Liam up to 19th seed in qualies as Popyrin goes into main draw.


 First time that the big 3 won't play at a master's since 2014 (Paris). This is good though. Represent a small change that the men's tour is undergoing slowly 


 Would show more progress though if Djokovic and Nadal in particular were there and were beaten. 



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

Looking at the prize money this year remember  Jo won $1,000,000 in 2017.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 14457
Date:

flamingowings wrote:

Other than Miami, are there any other US tournaments just now? More likely trekking all the way over to the US only to come back to the European clay courts plays more of a part than money, which for the big 3, you would think they would have more than enough money.


 I think this is the issue, maybe worth it for those who also played Acapulco but most didnt . Women have Charleston etc to follow and perhaps that explains why it is the mens field that is particularly depleted.



__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9475
Date:

Harriet has made Miami qualifying according to a very ITK on TennisForum.

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1883
Date:

Reeally, I did read she was 7 out and then 2 more dropped out so had her as 5 out.  Looks like the womens draw is falling apart like the Mens

 

Just saw it's Spiceboy that posted which means it's definite, pretty sure they have a pin to access.



-- Edited by emmsie69 on Saturday 20th of March 2021 01:14:24 PM

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 9475
Date:

emmsie69 wrote:

Reeally, I did read she was 7 out and then 2 more dropped out so had her as 5 out.  Looks like the womens draw is falling apart like the Mens

 

Just saw it's Spiceboy that posted which means it's definite, pretty sure they have a pin to access.



-- Edited by emmsie69 on Saturday 20th of March 2021 01:14:24 PM


Yeah, I didn't want to say that name first as some who don't venture over there would be like WTF if I mentioned the name without context, haha, but yeah, he does have access and has been fantastic over the years for this sort of thing.

Great opportunity for her though. I believe it's just her second WTA event (excl the slams) above Premier/500 level, the other being Miami 2 years ago when she lost 7-6(5) in the decider to Barthel.

 



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1883
Date:

Ace Ventura wrote:
emmsie69 wrote:

Reeally, I did read she was 7 out and then 2 more dropped out so had her as 5 out.  Looks like the womens draw is falling apart like the Mens

 

Just saw it's Spiceboy that posted which means it's definite, pretty sure they have a pin to access.



-- Edited by emmsie69 on Saturday 20th of March 2021 01:14:24 PM


Yeah, I didn't want to say that name first as some who don't venture over there would be like WTF if I mentioned the name without context, haha, but yeah, he does have access and has been fantastic over the years for this sort of thing.

Great opportunity for her though. I believe it's just her second WTA event (excl the slams) above Premier/500 level, the other being Miami 2 years ago when she lost 7-6(5) in the decider to Barthel.

 


 I always feel sorry for Spiceboy when people start asking where so and so random player is on the list, they did say they weren't going to post the alternates list as things were changing so quickly in the draw.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 12660
Date:

Harriet posted from Miami on Instagram, so I knew she was in with a chance.

__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1858
Date:

Somebody posted on the tennis forum that the  WTA prize money for Miami  had dropped to the level of 1999. A big drop. Remember prior to Covid  how the  prize  money  for the WTA finals at Shenzen was unbelievable which is something Anne Keothavong commented on at the time. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 38155
Date:

ROSAMUND wrote:

Somebody posted on the tennis forum that the  WTA prize money for Miami  had dropped to the level of 1999. A big drop. Remember prior to Covid  how the  prize  money  for the WTA finals at Shenzen was unbelievable which is something Anne Keothavong commented on at the time. 


 Denis Shapo has been saying that it's not really worthwhile to play, what with the prize money being so low........ it might have come out wrong but I think he should reflect a little more before mouthing off....



__________________


Grand Slam Champion

Status: Offline
Posts: 4774
Date:

ROSAMUND wrote:

Somebody posted on the tennis forum that the  WTA prize money for Miami  had dropped to the level of 1999. A big drop. Remember prior to Covid  how the  prize  money  for the WTA finals at Shenzen was unbelievable which is something Anne Keothavong commented on at the time. 


 Ridiculous amount of money for poorly attended events.



__________________


Futures level

Status: Offline
Posts: 1883
Date:

I did read that there was the possibility of increasing the prize money if there was an increase in the number of spectators allowed in. Denis really needs to reflect on the past years impact on Society and recognise that he is in a very privileged position to be able to still travel around the world competing and earning money.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 14457
Date:

Bodes well...

2h ago 05:39
Curfew imposed in Miami

Officials are imposing an emergency 8 pm - 6 am curfew for Miami Beach, effective immediately after hard-partying spring break crowds trashed restaurants, brawled in the streets and gathered by the thousands without masks or social distancing, according to authorities.

At a news conference, officials blamed overwhelming and out-of-control spring break crowds for the curfew, which was taking effect Saturday night in South Beach, one of the nations top party spots. Tourists and hotel guests are being told to stay indoors during curfew hours.

People walk along Ocean Drive during spring break festivities ahead of an 8pm curfew imposed by local authorities in Miami Beach, Florida, US, 20 March 2021.
People walk along Ocean Drive during spring break festivities ahead of an 8pm curfew imposed by local authorities in Miami Beach, Florida, US, 20 March 2021. Photograph: Marco Bello/Reuters
Its unclear how long the curfew will remain in effect, but Interim City Manager Raul Aguila told the Miami Herald that he recommends keeping the rules in place through at least 12 April. A countywide midnight curfew was already in place due to the Covid pandemic.

These crowds are in the thousands, Aguila said. Were at capacity.

No pedestrians or vehicles will be allowed to enter the restricted area after 8pm and all businesses in the vicinity must close, Aguila said, reading from a statement released by the city.

The curfew comes as a prominent bar, the Clevelander South Beach, announced it was temporarily suspending all food and beverage operations until at least March 24 after crowds crammed Ocean Drive, breaking out into street fights. At another restaurant next door, tables and chairs were smashed during a fight, news outlets reported.

__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard