Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: General football thread


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39201
Date:
RE: General football thread


indiana wrote:
seagull wrote:

The curse of manager of the month strikes again! 6-0 down already


 The comeback is on. 6-2 and still more than 30 minutes left.


 Ah, that last half hour didn't start too well. 7-2 after 61 minutes.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

Crazy - we lost by 8 to Blackburn early in season, and Bolton put 5 past us. When we go down, we certainly go down.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

8 now for Mansfield

__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Online
Posts: 8723
Date:

nine



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

seagull wrote:

nine


 Boy. Mind you were matching them on conversion rate - 5 shots and 2 goals (40%) versus 21 shots and 9 goals (43%). 

come on Harrogate ! 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39201
Date:

images.jpeg

Maybe I was wise to cash out that Harrogate bet.



Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

indiana wrote:

images.jpeg

Maybe I was wise to cash out that Harrogate bet.


biggrin Well, these things happen, I guess. I was smiling at the end, tbh. Well,

crying, smiling. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

Roy Hodgson in hospital. The fact that the press have been scrutinising his likely sacking for days now, and his general treatment over the past 3 months needs looking at.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68303964

Get well soon Roy.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 39201
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

Roy Hodgson in hospital. The fact that the press have been scrutinising his likely sacking for days now, and his general treatment over the past 3 months needs looking at.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68303964

Get well soon Roy.


Clearly all the very best to Roy.

The press stuff comes with the territory and Roy has chosen to remain in that territory or should he have been treated differently??



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

Roy Hodgson in hospital. The fact that the press have been scrutinising his likely sacking for days now, and his general treatment over the past 3 months needs looking at.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68303964

Get well soon Roy.


Clearly all the very best to Roy.

The press stuff comes with the territory and Roy has chosen to remain in that territory or should he have been treated differently??


I just think in his case, age aside, hed actually saved them from relegation and in two stints done a good job, very good job. The fans and press just turned on him and it felt very disrespectful. The BBC and others effectively saying Palace set to sack him, either being briefed or speculating. In the background, theres a guy whos doing his best and has been a good club servant and given success to them. Just felt very dirty to me. 

i dont get paid anywhere near a football manager, but if that was my job being speculated on, Id be very hurt and very stressed. There has to be a better way for the club to handle it - press are what they are, I guess. 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

Drew nil nil at Crewe, thats a good follow up to a 9-2 drubbing. Mansfield lost I think ?! And somehow, 17th placed Tranmere stuffed top of the table Stockport 4-0!

We are 7th again. Satisfied with that- good defensive response !

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

Town now back to 11th after a home loss to Walsall, sadly. Thin margins in this league. Our excellent form has now taken a dip. Couldnt go today but going Tuesday versus Newport.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 34651
Date:

indiana wrote:

images.jpeg

Maybe I was wise to cash out that Harrogate bet.


 Went tonight - terrible; 4-1 at home. You made a wise move to cash out, Indy. What a waste of a night ! 



__________________
Nix


Futures qualifying

Status: Offline
Posts: 1664
Date:

Just discovered this page. Im a QPR season ticket holder who sometimes goes to away matches. Were struggling at the foot of the Championship (EFL) but had a new manager since the end of October and new players in January transfer window so hopefully will stay up! Its very stressful. My heart rate goes up 20 points even when Im watching at home on the sofa!

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 19551
Date:

Alan Hansen's famous saying - "You can't win anything with kids".

Looks like Klopp's kids may prove him wrong.

__________________
« First  <  Page 83  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard