Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Property developers and the death of non league football clubs


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 36508
Date:
Property developers and the death of non league football clubs


In Scotland the two Tier 5 champions have met in the first leg of their play-off. Bonnyrigg Rose, the Lowland League champions, met Fraserburgh, the Highland League champions. Bonnyrigg ( population about18,000 ) is 9 miles south of Edinburgh and Fraserburgh ( population about 13,000 ) is 40 miles north of Aberdeen.

1st leg : Bonnyrigg Rose 3 Fraserburgh 1

The winners will play Cowdenbeath, certain to be bottom of Scottish League 2, in the final play-off for a place in the Scottish League next season.

The last two non league entrants into the Scottish League have certainly made their mark. Cove Rangers ( ex Highland League ) have a second promotion and will play in the Scottish Championship next season. Kelty Hearts ( ex Lowland League ), new to the league this season, have ensured promotion to Scottish League 1.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 22516
Date:

indiana wrote:

In Scotland the two Tier 5 champions have met in the first leg of their play-off. Bonnyrigg Rose, the Lowland League champions, met Fraserburgh, the Highland League champions. Bonnyrigg ( population about18,000 ) is 9 miles south of Edinburgh and Fraserburgh ( population about 13,000 ) is 40 miles north of Aberdeen.

1st leg : Bonnyrigg Rose 3 Fraserburgh 1

The winners will play Cowdenbeath, certain to be bottom of Scottish League 2, in the final play-off for a place in the Scottish League next season.

The last two non league entrants into the Scottish League have certainly made their mark. Cove Rangers ( ex Highland League ) have a second promotion and will play in the Scottish Championship next season. Kelty Hearts ( ex Lowland League ), new to the league this season, have ensured promotion to Scottish League 1.


 Amazing for Cove Rangers - which town are they based in, Indy? ANd what sort of crowds can they pull in? And where is Kelty based, are they in the Borders?



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 36508
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
indiana wrote:

In Scotland the two Tier 5 champions have met in the first leg of their play-off. Bonnyrigg Rose, the Lowland League champions, met Fraserburgh, the Highland League champions. Bonnyrigg ( population about18,000 ) is 9 miles south of Edinburgh and Fraserburgh ( population about 13,000 ) is 40 miles north of Aberdeen.

1st leg : Bonnyrigg Rose 3 Fraserburgh 1

The winners will play Cowdenbeath, certain to be bottom of Scottish League 2, in the final play-off for a place in the Scottish League next season.

The last two non league entrants into the Scottish League have certainly made their mark. Cove Rangers ( ex Highland League ) have a second promotion and will play in the Scottish Championship next season. Kelty Hearts ( ex Lowland League ), new to the league this season, have ensured promotion to Scottish League 1.


 Amazing for Cove Rangers - which town are they based in, Indy? ANd what sort of crowds can they pull in? And where is Kelty based, are they in the Borders?


  Cove is a suburb on the south eastern edge of Aberdeen. Kelty is a fairly small community in the Kingdom of Fife, the peninsula which lies between the Firth of Forth ( Edinburgh lies on the south side ) and rhe Firth of Tay ( Dundee lies on the north side ).

Not quite massive crowds. Cove seem to have generally had about 700 to 1000 ( though 1645 on Saturday when promotion was clinched ). Kelty about 500 to 800. Though these are well up/down there with plenty other Scottish League attendances.



__________________


Hall of fame

Status: Offline
Posts: 7767
Date:

paulisi wrote:

So Oldham and S****horpe drop out of the league and into the National League.
Dover and Weymouth are relegated.

Step 3 promotions to NLN/S
Worthing
Buxton
Taunton
Banbury

Step 4 champions
Aveley
Hastings
Bracknell
Liversedge
Warrington Roland's
Ilkeston
Bedford
Plymouth Parkway


 Worthing is my home team. Great to get promoted after we were top for last 2 seasons only for covid putting an end to season.

Have a great young chairman who after being confined to a wheelchair following a car accident spent all his compensation money on buying the club he had played for at youth level.

 

And regularly get 1500 crowds

 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 10072
Date:

South Shields look destined to be in that league forever after losing on pens to Warrington in the play offs. Warrington now play Scarborough Athletic in the final. South Shields will at least be joined in the league by a fellow former Northern League side next year as old Cleveland sides Marske and Stockton won their respective semi finals, and now playoff in the final.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15814
Date:

Warrington are another that have made the playoffs last few years and fall at the final hurdle.
If Warrington fail to go up, they will have a Derby match against their big spending neighbours in Warrington Rylands. Rylands are of course bankrolled by Wayne Rooney's agent.

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15814
Date:

Bit of a weird set up with playoff for step 5 playoff teams playing step 4 teams(next team not to be relegated) at the step 4 venue.
Three step 5 teams won out of 6. Consett, Skelmersdale and Boldmere St Michael's.
Lots of playoff games for promotion decided with the likes of Marine and Marske going up



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 36508
Date:

Scottish League 2 play-offs :

Fraserburgh 1 Bonnyrigg Rose 0 ( agg. 2-3 )

Play-off Final :
Bonnyrigg Rose ( Lowland League Champions ) vs Cowdenbeath ( bottom of League 2 ) on Saturdays 07/05 & 14/05.



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 22516
Date:

If Bonnyrigg win are they in the league?

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 36508
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:

If Bonnyrigg win are they in the league?


 Indeed they would be and Cowdenbeath should drop into the Lowland League ( usually based on whether clubs are north or south of the Firth of Tay ). 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 15814
Date:

The standard in league 2 is pretty poor. Kelty Hearts, who are only down the road from Cowdenbeath have walked through the league after getting promoted.
There are quite a few players who played in Scottish champ or in league 1, plying their trade in England in non league football and mainly step 2&3

__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 22516
Date:

paulisi wrote:

The standard in league 2 is pretty poor. Kelty Hearts, who are only down the road from Cowdenbeath have walked through the league after getting promoted.
There are quite a few players who played in Scottish champ or in league 1, plying their trade in England in non league football and mainly step 2&3


 Remind those of us who dont know, what level is step 2 and 3? In England ?



__________________


Social player

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:

JonH comes home wrote:
paulisi wrote:

The standard in league 2 is pretty poor. Kelty Hearts, who are only down the road from Cowdenbeath have walked through the league after getting promoted.
There are quite a few players who played in Scottish champ or in league 1, plying their trade in England in non league football and mainly step 2&3


 Remind those of us who dont know, what level is step 2 and 3? In England ?


 National League North and South and their respective feeder divisions 



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 22516
Date:

Brendan F wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:
paulisi wrote:

The standard in league 2 is pretty poor. Kelty Hearts, who are only down the road from Cowdenbeath have walked through the league after getting promoted.
There are quite a few players who played in Scottish champ or in league 1, plying their trade in England in non league football and mainly step 2&3


 Remind those of us who dont know, what level is step 2 and 3? In England ?


 National League North and South and their respective feeder divisions 


Thanks  



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Online
Posts: 36508
Date:

paulisi wrote:

The standard in league 2 is pretty poor. Kelty Hearts, who are only down the road from Cowdenbeath have walked through the league after getting promoted.
There are quite a few players who played in Scottish champ or in league 1, plying their trade in England in non league football and mainly step 2&3


 Of course it's not great given the number of league teams and size and spread of the Scottish population. Still dreams to be had and stories to unfold.



__________________
« First  <  Page 72  >   Last »  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard