Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Strongest Nation?


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 31420
Date:
Strongest Nation?


JonH comes home wrote:

On a serious note, in January 2017, when ABB created the initial sets of tables for these, Italy on the mens side where in 8th place and an average of 133. Now, they are 4th and an average of 70.3. Quite a dramatic change. It was also announced yesterday that in addition to the Chairman of the ATP, they have the CEO now as an Italian from January. And the Tour FInals are moving to Italy, the next gen finals etc etc.

Very much the new centre of gravity


... and I believe having a policy of lots of domestic 15K and 25K events. I think actually increased over recent years?

Be interesting to study the career development of some of their now top 10 players. 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6103
Date:

indiana wrote:
JonH comes home wrote:

On a serious note, in January 2017, when ABB created the initial sets of tables for these, Italy on the mens side where in 8th place and an average of 133. Now, they are 4th and an average of 70.3. Quite a dramatic change. It was also announced yesterday that in addition to the Chairman of the ATP, they have the CEO now as an Italian from January. And the Tour FInals are moving to Italy, the next gen finals etc etc.

Very much the new centre of gravity


... and I believe having a policy of lots of domestic 15K and 25K events. I think actually increased over recent years?

Be interesting to study the career development of some of their now top 10 players. 


 I think that is very much true as well, although how many of those playing 15/25k events in the past two years will have reached the top 10 national players yet, I am not sure. But I very much agree it should start to impact through to the top of their game in due course.   



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

ws1612.jpg



Attachments
__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6103
Date:

Strongbow wrote:

ws1612.jpg


 Decent week for GB; out of interest, which rankings week counts as the final one of 2019 ie season end rankings? Will it be Dec 23rd, or 30th?  



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

Will be the 30th if the  ATP/WTA sites are working OK.

ATP has not produced a pdf yet this week so I'll do the mens when and if they do disbelief



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

Still no pdf from the ATP so I;m giving up for this week on the mens. All the tennis web-sites seem to have flu disbelief



__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 31420
Date:

GB top 10 at 16/12 are up 5 from 1987 to 1982.

Jan's 15K title took him up 8 places.
Ryan dropped points and is replaced in the top 10 by Brydan, net 13 places down.
No points changes for the other 8 but a series of small upwards rankings movements has them up 10 places in total.
So the total total is up 5.



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

indiana wrote:

GB top 10 at 16/12 are up 5 from 1987 to 1982.

Jan's 15K title took him up 8 places.
Ryan dropped points and is replaced in the top 10 by Brydan, net 13 places down.
No points changes for the other 8 but a series of small upwards rankings movements has them up 10 places in total.
So the total total is up 5.


 It's all very suspicious that the ITF/WTA/ATP have all screwed up their web-sites at the same time. This has effectively destroyed OER along with other sites.

Is it a plan or just plain incompetence ?



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 7056
Date:

Strongbow wrote:
indiana wrote:

GB top 10 at 16/12 are up 5 from 1987 to 1982.

Jan's 15K title took him up 8 places.
Ryan dropped points and is replaced in the top 10 by Brydan, net 13 places down.
No points changes for the other 8 but a series of small upwards rankings movements has them up 10 places in total.
So the total total is up 5.


 It's all very suspicious that the ITF/WTA/ATP have all screwed up their web-sites at the same time. This has effectively destroyed OER along with other sites.

Is it a plan or just plain incompetence ?


Yes OER is now saying they will only be back up and running by 30 December since the WTA 'live update backend delayed'. 



__________________


All-time great

Status: Offline
Posts: 6103
Date:

Strongbow wrote:
indiana wrote:

GB top 10 at 16/12 are up 5 from 1987 to 1982.

Jan's 15K title took him up 8 places.
Ryan dropped points and is replaced in the top 10 by Brydan, net 13 places down.
No points changes for the other 8 but a series of small upwards rankings movements has them up 10 places in total.
So the total total is up 5.


 It's all very suspicious that the ITF/WTA/ATP have all screwed up their web-sites at the same time. This has effectively destroyed OER along with other sites.

Is it a plan or just plain incompetence ?


 Perhaps they are all run for the organisations by the same service provider and they have decided it would be a good time of year (with few events) to do batch updates, maintenance activity etc, particularly if the folks doing the work are in non Christmas celebrating countries? 

 

I doubt there is a conspiracy theory but could well be a plan  



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

ws2312.jpg



Attachments
__________________


Tennis legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 31420
Date:

Our top 10 men's points were unchanged at 23/12 and with no relevant ranking tournaments above 15K level all their rankings positions remained unchanged too so GBR total again = 1982.



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

indiana wrote:

Our top 10 men's points were unchanged at 23/12 and with no relevant ranking tournaments above 15K level all their rankings positions remained unchanged too so GBR total again = 1982.


 Notice no pdf for the mens this week?  Turning into a habit - difficult to cut and paste from the screen. More likely incompetance than conspiracy.



__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

ws1230.jpg



Attachments
__________________


Top national player

Status: Offline
Posts: 3453
Date:

ws1719.jpg

Figures for last 2 years



Attachments
__________________
« First  <  Page 74  >   Last »  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard